When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge? - Linux

This is a discussion on When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge? - Linux ; Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens multiple times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked him to take the following pledge: As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ...

  1. When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens multiple times
    per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked him to take the following
    pledge:

    As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I hereby
    pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until my Windows XP
    system crashes to a "blue screen of death".

    Signed,
    Mark Kent

    But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*" that
    works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to back up his
    silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised

  2. Re: When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    DFS wrote:

    > Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens multiple
    > times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked him to take the
    > following pledge:
    >
    > As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I hereby
    > pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until my Windows XP
    > system crashes to a "blue screen of death".
    >
    > Signed,
    > Mark Kent
    >

    > But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*" that
    > works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to back up his
    > silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised

    You're obviously not a web developer or you would know to use an opening tag
    before the closing one. Twit.
    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  3. Re: When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    DFS wrote:

    > Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens multiple
    > times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked him to take the
    > following pledge:
    >
    > As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I hereby
    > pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until my Windows XP
    > system crashes to a "blue screen of death".
    >
    > Signed,
    > Mark Kent
    >

    > But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*" that
    > works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to back up his
    > silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised

    Replace "Mark Kent" with DFS and "windows XP" with "linux"

    Then live up to that "pledge".

    Idiot
    --
    Micro$oft. What's broken today?

  4. Re: When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens
    >> multiple times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked
    >> him to take the following pledge:
    >>
    >> As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I
    >> hereby pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until
    >> my Windows XP system crashes to a "blue screen of death".
    >>
    >> Signed,
    >> Mark Kent
    >>

    >> But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*"
    >> that works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to
    >> back up his silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised >> sarcasm>

    > You're obviously not a web developer or you would know to use an
    > opening tag before the closing one. Twit.

    I was writing XML in 2001, fool.

    Why would I need open and closing tags to communicate a little throwaway
    insult?

  5. Re: When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    "DFS" writes:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens
    >>> multiple times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked
    >>> him to take the following pledge:
    >>>
    >>> As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I
    >>> hereby pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until
    >>> my Windows XP system crashes to a "blue screen of death".
    >>>
    >>> Signed,
    >>> Mark Kent
    >>>

    >>> But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*"
    >>> that works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to
    >>> back up his silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised >>> sarcasm>

    >> You're obviously not a web developer or you would know to use an
    >> opening tag before the closing one. Twit.

    > I was writing XML in 2001, fool.
    >
    > Why would I need open and closing tags to communicate a little throwaway
    > insult?

    Also even if it were a valid closing tag then XML is used in a lot more
    places than "web design".

  6. Re: When will the Mark Kent liar take the pledge?

    "Peter Köhlmann" schreef in bericht
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Recently the cola liar Mark Kent claimed Windows blue screens multiple
    >> times per hour, so I called him out on his lie and asked him to take the
    >> following pledge:
    >>
    >> As a lying Linux "advocate*" trying to reform my dishonest ways, I hereby
    >> pledge not to post anything to comp.os.linux.advocacy until my Windows XP
    >> system crashes to a "blue screen of death".
    >>
    >> Signed,
    >> Mark Kent
    >>

    >> But the liar ran away!? Who coulda guessed a Linux/OSS "advocate*" that
    >> works for a company selling proprietary products would fail to back up
    >> his
    >> silly claims about Windows? I'm so surprised

    > Replace "Mark Kent" with DFS and "windows XP" with "linux"
    >
    > Then live up to that "pledge".
    >
    > Idiot

    Nice sig, Pete!
    --

    "Linux is perfect at everything"; Peter Köhlmann: "It is"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain

+ Reply to Thread