    spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a problem which seems
    to be affecting so many people, but to which no permanent fix looks like
    being released for now."

    #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

  2. Re: Linux victim: driven by freezing crapware back to rock-solid Windows

    DFS wrote:

    > "Ubuntu for me was meant to provide a more stable platform than Windows.
    > Since this freezing has begun, it's been anything but that. In fact, it's
    > made Windows look rock solid!
    >
    > Sadly, I'm switching back to Windows until this gets sorted. I'm fed up
    > with spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a problem which
    > seems to be affecting so many people, but to which no permanent fix looks
    > like being released for now."
    >
    > #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    Typical of you Stewie, posting problems from May 2007 that have been fixed.
    But then, we don't expect any real honesty from you.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  3. Re: Linux victim: driven by freezing crapware back to rock-solid Windows

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Ubuntu for me was meant to provide a more stable platform than
    >> Windows. Since this freezing has begun, it's been anything but that.
    >> In fact, it's made Windows look rock solid!
    >>
    >> Sadly, I'm switching back to Windows until this gets sorted. I'm fed
    >> up with spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a
    >> problem which seems to be affecting so many people, but to which no
    >> permanent fix looks like being released for now."
    >>
    >> #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    > Typical of you Stewie, posting problems from May 2007 that have been
    > fixed. But then, we don't expect any real honesty from you.

    You mean "fixed" in the Linux way, as in they moved the same freezing
    problems to the next version of the crapware?

    #464 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=47
    1 week ago

    "Just was about to fall in love with Ubuntu and then the FREEZE occured.
    Hate these freezes...occur at the most important times...nothing works...no
    keyboard...no mouse...nothing.

    last thing that i will try is to disable the wireless as suggested above...

    otherwise am going back to XP."

  4. Re: Linux victim: driven by freezing crapware back to rock-solid Windows

    DFS wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ubuntu for me was meant to provide a more stable platform than
    >>> Windows. Since this freezing has begun, it's been anything but that.
    >>> In fact, it's made Windows look rock solid!
    >>>
    >>> Sadly, I'm switching back to Windows until this gets sorted. I'm fed
    >>> up with spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a
    >>> problem which seems to be affecting so many people, but to which no
    >>> permanent fix looks like being released for now."
    >>>
    >>> #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    >> Typical of you Stewie, posting problems from May 2007 that have been
    >> fixed. But then, we don't expect any real honesty from you.

    > You mean "fixed" in the Linux way, as in they moved the same freezing
    > problems to the next version of the crapware?
    >

    > #464 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=47
    > 1 week ago
    >
    > ================================================== =
    > "Just was about to fall in love with Ubuntu and then the FREEZE occured.
    > Hate these freezes...occur at the most important times...nothing
    > works...no keyboard...no mouse...nothing.
    >
    > last thing that i will try is to disable the wireless as suggested
    > above...
    >
    > otherwise am going back to XP."

    No dear heart, I mean fixed as in updating to the latest kernel and Gutsy
    Gibbon.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

+ Reply to Thread