IBM Roadrunner beats ACMEsoft Coyote - Linux

This is a discussion on IBM Roadrunner beats ACMEsoft Coyote - Linux ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Roadrunner IBM built the computer for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration. It is a hybrid design with 12,960 IBM PowerXCell 8i CPUs and 6,480 AMD Opteron dual-core processors in specially designed server blades connected by ...

  1. IBM Roadrunner beats ACMEsoft Coyote

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Roadrunner

    IBM built the computer for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National
    Nuclear Security Administration. It is a hybrid design with 12,960
    IBM PowerXCell 8i CPUs and 6,480 AMD Opteron dual-core processors
    in specially designed server blades connected by Infiniband. The
    Roadrunner uses Red Hat Enterprise Linux along with Fedora as its
    operating systems and is managed with xCAT distributed computing
    software. It occupies approximately 6,000 square feet (560 m2) and
    became operational in 2008.

    http://news.cnet.com/newsblog/?categoryId=9702219

    Hey, no Microsoft Windows ads here:

    http://www.top500.org/list/2008/06/100

    --
    It is only people of small moral stature who have to stand on their dignity.

  2. Re: IBM Roadrunner beats ACMEsoft Coyote

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:27:51 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Roadrunner
    >
    > IBM built the computer for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National
    > Nuclear Security Administration. It is a hybrid design with 12,960
    > IBM PowerXCell 8i CPUs and 6,480 AMD Opteron dual-core processors
    > in specially designed server blades connected by Infiniband. The
    > Roadrunner uses Red Hat Enterprise Linux along with Fedora as its
    > operating systems and is managed with xCAT distributed computing
    > software. It occupies approximately 6,000 square feet (560 m2) and
    > became operational in 2008.
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/newsblog/?categoryId=9702219
    >
    > Hey, no Microsoft Windows ads here:
    >
    > http://www.top500.org/list/2008/06/100

    I wonder how long it takes to download it's updates

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread