Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse? - Linux

This is a discussion on Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse? - Linux ; Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: > Tactic #1: Blame the user. > Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc.... Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat, in the same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    > Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat, in the
    same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and debian labels
    their development releases as 'unstable'.

  2. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Moshe Goldfarb. belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    Tactic #3: Repeat bull**** endlessly, hope it sticks...

    --
    Look ere ye leap.
    -- John Heywood

  3. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:51:37 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> I just made the mistake of trying out Fedora 9 and let's just say it gives
    >> an entirely new meaning to Linux slopware.....

    > From the Fedora website,
    >
    > Who uses Fedora?
    >
    > * Linus Torvalds, the creator and primary maintainer of Linux does
    > * NASA systems
    > * Roadrunner, the number one Supercomputer in the world
    > * Over a hundred derivative distributions including Red Hat Enterprise
    > Linux and OLPC
    > * Even some Robots do
    > * Millions of other users
    >
    > As has been pointed out before Fedora is a testing distro and you install it
    > at your own risk.
    >
    > I tried out Fedora 8 some time ago and yes, it is VERY keen on downloading
    > updates at every opportunity, but that goes with the territory.
    >
    > I had it on my backup/development system for a couple of months and found it
    > to be stable but my bandwidth took one hell of a pounding, so it had to go.
    > Vector Linux is on there at present. Now, there is one stable distro!!

    Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb will no doubt blame others for *his* inability to
    read, & comprehend, that Fedora is a *testing distro*. The troll will no
    doubt blame anything/anyone for it's *own* incompetence.
    In short, it isn't worth discussing anything with the troll.

  4. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:11:02 +0100, Nigel Feltham wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    >> Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    As predicted!

    > Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat, in the
    > same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and debian labels
    > their development releases as 'unstable'.

    Apparently the troll has been told that before. It must have a short term
    memory.

  5. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    Nigel Feltham wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    >> Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    > Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat,
    > in the same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and
    > debian labels their development releases as 'unstable'.

    What a joke. In late May this year Fedora claimed on
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview that "Fedora is a Linux-based
    operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open
    source software, in a stable and easy to manage form." They've since
    removed the bull**** claim that it's "stable".

    Results 1 - 10 of about 923,000 over the past year for Fedora Linux crashes

    And they said "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions such
    as Red Hat Enterprise Linux,..."

    Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 over the past year for Red Hat Enterprise
    Linux crashes

  6. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    On Oct 8, 9:27*am, "DFS" wrote:
    > Nigel Feltham wrote:
    > > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > >> Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    > >> Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    > > Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat,
    > > in the same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and
    > > debian labels their development releases as 'unstable'.

    > What a joke. *In late May this year Fedora claimed onhttp://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overviewthat "Fedora is a Linux-based
    > operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open
    > source software, in a stable and easy to manage form." * They've since
    > removed the bull**** claim that it's "stable".
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 923,000 over the past year for Fedora Linux crashes
    >
    > And they said "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions such
    > as Red Hat Enterprise Linux,..."
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 over the past year for Red Hat Enterprise
    > Linux crashes

    Fedora is junk.
    Did it finally load other partitions without modifying fstab?

    Yep, it is easy to do.
    Nope, nobody wants to really do that.
    You very lucky a noob does.
    You have to figure it out.
    More time spent.

    Stay away from fedora.
    Experts will make it work.
    Let them terminal till their hearts content.

  7. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:27:00 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Nigel Feltham wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    >>> Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    >> Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat,
    >> in the same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and
    >> debian labels their development releases as 'unstable'.

    > What a joke. In late May this year Fedora claimed on
    > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview that "Fedora is a Linux-based
    > operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and open
    > source software, in a stable and easy to manage form." They've since
    > removed the bull**** claim that it's "stable".
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 923,000 over the past year for Fedora Linux crashes
    >

    > And they said "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions such
    > as Red Hat Enterprise Linux,..."
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 over the past year for Red Hat Enterprise
    > Linux crashes

    Fedora is by far the worst distribution of Linux , out of the major ones, I
    have tried.
    Usually I can find something good, but not this time.
    It's that bad.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    DFS wrote:

    > Nigel Feltham wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tactic #1: Blame the user.
    >>> Tactic #2: Linux is testing, beta, alpha,development etc....

    >> Fedora is development software - the development version of Redhat,
    >> in the same way as Mandriva Cooker is their development version and
    >> debian labels their development releases as 'unstable'.

    > What a joke. In late May this year Fedora claimed on
    > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview that "Fedora is a Linux-based
    > operating system that provides users with access to the latest free and
    > open
    > source software, in a stable and easy to manage form." They've since
    > removed the bull**** claim that it's "stable".
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 923,000 over the past year for Fedora Linux
    > crashes
    >

    > And they said "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions
    > such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux,..."
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 over the past year for Red Hat Enterprise
    > Linux crashes

    So you still don't know how to format a valid google search string?
    Figures. You are DFS. A windows user
    --
    Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
    a trail of destruction behind it.

  9. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 345,000 over the past year for Red Hat Enterprise
    >> Linux crashes

    > So you still don't know how to format a valid google search string?
    > Figures. You are DFS. A windows user

    When God was giving out brains, DFS was online ordering his MSDN
    subscription.

    --
    What is status?
    Status is when the President calls you for your opinion.

  10. Re: Fedora 9...Can Linux get any Worse?

    On Oct 7, 9:51 am, chrisv wrote:
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    > > unionpe...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> Hmmmm. Linux is amature slopware. So, if you want really
    > >> professional quality slopware, you will have to go with Windows.

    > >Indeed...

    > *unplonk* unionpenny.
    >
    > Sorry, I stopped reading past "Linux is amature slopware" the first
    > time...

    No problem. I should have phrased the lead sentence better, it was
    inflamitory to the wrong group.

    Many years ago the Box Tops put out a pop song with "the world owes
    you a living" in the first stanza. I stopped listening right there.
    No one owes _anyone_ a living. Some decades later, being desperate
    for the music of my youth, I happened to hear that song again. Even
    though I would not waste time on it when it was popular, it sounded
    pretty good now. Listening to the words ... wait a minute, what is
    this song really about? Then at the end, "... Sweet cream men adore
    them."

    Huh? I didn't hear that before. That puts an entirely different
    twist to the song. Damn! What else have I closed my mind to all
    these years?

    --

    "Sweet Cream Ladies forward march!"

    Rest in peace WGTB-FM, some of us still miss you.

    On 2008-10-08, psycgeeks@gmail.com wrote:

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.