Windows Live Mail - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows Live Mail - Linux ; Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following: Upgrade your web browser We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

  1. Windows Live Mail

    Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:

    Upgrade your web browser
    We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
    get started, choose one of the browsers below:

    * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    * Mozilla Firefox
    * Apple Safari

    If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
    Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
    displayed properly.

    Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I logged
    in with.

    More quality tools from Microsoft.

  2. Re: Windows Live Mail

  3. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >

    > Upgrade your web browser
    > We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    > out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
    > get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >
    > * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    > * Mozilla Firefox
    > * Apple Safari
    >
    > If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
    > Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
    > displayed properly.
    >

    > Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I logged
    > in with.

    So?

    > More quality tools from Microsoft.

    What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as justification?

    This is nothing but a cartoon NG.

  4. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>

    >> Upgrade your web browser
    >> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>
    >> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >> * Mozilla Firefox
    >> * Apple Safari
    >>
    >> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >> be displayed properly.
    >>

    >> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >> logged in with.

    > So?

    So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    warning that their site might break if I don't.

    >> More quality tools from Microsoft.
    >>

    > What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
    > justification?

    Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

  5. Re: Windows Live Mail

    ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>>

    >>> Upgrade your web browser
    >>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>>
    >>> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >>> * Mozilla Firefox
    >>> * Apple Safari
    >>>
    >>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >>> be displayed properly.
    >>>

    >>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >>> logged in with.

    >> So?

    > So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    > warning that their site might break if I don't.
    >
    >>> More quality tools from Microsoft.
    >>>

    >> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
    >> justification?

    > Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

    Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
    time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    00:05:01 up 18 days, 7:44, 2 users, load average: 13.31, 12.55, 12.34

  6. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>>

    >>> Upgrade your web browser
    >>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>>
    >>> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >>> * Mozilla Firefox
    >>> * Apple Safari
    >>>
    >>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >>> be displayed properly.
    >>>

    >>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >>> logged in with.

    >> So?

    > So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    > warning that their site might break if I don't.
    >
    >>> More quality tools from Microsoft.
    >>>

    >> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
    >> justification?

    > Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

    Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
    your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
    hear. :-P

  7. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

    >>> So?

    >> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    >> warning that their site might break if I don't.

    >>> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
    >>> justification?

    >> Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

    > Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
    > time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.

    Dork....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

    >>> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    >>> warning that their site might break if I don't.

    >>> Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

    >> Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
    >> time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.

    > Dork....

    You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
    really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
    rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.

    It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

  9. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:50:29 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

    >>> Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
    >>> time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.

    >> Dork....
    >>

    > You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
    > really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
    > rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
    >
    > It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    > know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.

    What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
    come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
    without permission.

    People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.

    Hahaha....
    Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....

    BTW I could care less what he posts.
    He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
    The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
    extremely miserable for him.
    And in this case, they are going to.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  10. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:50:29 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Dork....
    >>>

    >> You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
    >> really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
    >> rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
    >>
    >> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    >> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    > Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
    >
    > What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
    > come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
    > without permission.
    >
    > People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
    >
    > Hahaha....
    > Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
    >
    > BTW I could care less what he posts.
    > He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
    > The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
    > extremely miserable for him.
    > And in this case, they are going to.

    Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
    out of control for a long time.

    Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
    lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
    doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
    server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
    protect things. Right?

    I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
    leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
    technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
    his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

  11. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:16:47 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
    >>> really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
    >>> rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
    >>>
    >>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    >>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    >> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
    >>
    >> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
    >> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
    >> without permission.
    >>
    >> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
    >>
    >> Hahaha....
    >> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
    >>
    >> BTW I could care less what he posts.
    >> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
    >> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
    >> extremely miserable for him.
    >> And in this case, they are going to.
    >>

    > Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
    > out of control for a long time.
    >
    > Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
    > lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
    > doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
    > server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
    > protect things. Right?
    >
    > I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
    > leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
    > technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
    > his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

    www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
    totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
    for weeks.
    Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.

    Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
    boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
    document and then spammed the link all over the place.
    I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.

    That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
    simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
    their site for flaws.

    Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
    allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  12. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:16:47 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
    >>>
    >>> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
    >>> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
    >>> without permission.
    >>>
    >>> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
    >>>
    >>> Hahaha....
    >>> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
    >>>
    >>> BTW I could care less what he posts.
    >>> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
    >>> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
    >>> extremely miserable for him.
    >>> And in this case, they are going to.
    >>>

    >> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
    >> out of control for a long time.
    >>
    >> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
    >> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
    >> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
    >> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
    >> protect things. Right?
    >>
    >> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
    >> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
    >> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
    >> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

    > www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
    > totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
    > for weeks.
    > Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
    >
    > Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
    > boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
    > document and then spammed the link all over the place.
    > I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
    >
    > That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
    > simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
    > their site for flaws.
    >
    > Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
    > allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.

    You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.

    That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
    show and start barking in protest.

  13. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 23:51:20 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
    >>> out of control for a long time.
    >>>
    >>> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
    >>> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
    >>> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
    >>> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
    >>> protect things. Right?
    >>>
    >>> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
    >>> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
    >>> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
    >>> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

    >> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
    >> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
    >> for weeks.
    >> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
    >>
    >> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
    >> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
    >> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
    >> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
    >>
    >> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
    >> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
    >> their site for flaws.
    >>
    >> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
    >> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.
    >>

    > You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.
    >
    > That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
    > show and start barking in protest.

    Let them....

    They have been blown out of the water a long time ago and are basically
    laughing stocks when they venture out of the safe confines of COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  14. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 23:51:20 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
    >>> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
    >>> for weeks.
    >>> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
    >>>
    >>> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
    >>> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
    >>> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
    >>> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
    >>>
    >>> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
    >>> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
    >>> their site for flaws.
    >>>
    >>> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
    >>> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.
    >>>

    >> You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.
    >>
    >> That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
    >> show and start barking in protest.

    > Let them....
    >
    > They have been blown out of the water a long time ago and are basically
    > laughing stocks when they venture out of the safe confines of COLA.

    And I believe you too. That's why they hang here as much as they do, as
    the core dog bone chasing *clowns*.

    And they do chase a bone hard!

  15. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >

    > Upgrade your web browser
    > We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    > out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
    > get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >
    > * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    > * Mozilla Firefox
    > * Apple Safari
    >
    > If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
    > Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
    > displayed properly.
    >

    > Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I logged
    > in with.
    >
    > More quality tools from Microsoft.

    You really are an idiot.

    Many people use different browsers for different purposes.

    Get a clue.

  16. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >

    > Upgrade your web browser
    > We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    > out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
    > get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >
    > * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    > * Mozilla Firefox
    > * Apple Safari
    >
    > If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
    > Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
    > displayed properly.
    >

    > Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I logged
    > in with.

    Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

    > More quality tools from Microsoft.

    I've had complaints about this from several Firefox users, both on Linux and
    Windows. And of course because it's Great Software from Microsoft, it
    doesn't provide an option "Yes I know what I'm doing, don't warn me again"
    to skip the nag screen. The only way to suppress this annoyance is to
    manually change the user agent string to Firefox 3 via about:config,
    something the average user will never think of.
    I'd say that this is a good moment to dump Microsoft's crappy spammy mail
    service; several of my users have done the same -- and no, not because I
    told 'em to, but simply because they don't like to be pushed.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  17. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    > know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions to
    me.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  18. Re: Windows Live Mail

    ____/ Richard Rasker on Monday 06 October 2008 08:10 : \____

    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >
    >> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>

    >> Upgrade your web browser
    >> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
    >> get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>
    >> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >> * Mozilla Firefox
    >> * Apple Safari
    >>
    >> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
    >> Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
    >> displayed properly.
    >>

    >> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I logged
    >> in with.

    > Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.
    >
    >> More quality tools from Microsoft.

    > I've had complaints about this from several Firefox users, both on Linux and
    > Windows. And of course because it's Great Software from Microsoft, it
    > doesn't provide an option "Yes I know what I'm doing, don't warn me again"
    > to skip the nag screen. The only way to suppress this annoyance is to
    > manually change the user agent string to Firefox 3 via about:config,
    > something the average user will never think of.
    > I'd say that this is a good moment to dump Microsoft's crappy spammy mail
    > service; several of my users have done the same -- and no, not because I
    > told 'em to, but simply because they don't like to be pushed.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    Hotmail still riddled with spam

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to
    | Hotmail addresses are spam.
    `----

    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ed-spam-admits

    A lot of genuine messages to Hotmail users get intercepted too (this leads to
    ruined friendships and lost business). They need to be informed about this.

    Also of interest:

    Hotmail's antispam measures snuff out legit emails, too

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hotmail users and email server admins, beware: you may be unknowingly
    | caught in the crossfire of Microsoft's war on spam. Unintended
    | casualties include legitimate emails from domains with
    | well-established reputations, which are systematically blocked
    | with absolutely no notice and little recourse.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05...friendly_fire/

    Microsoft Announces Changes for Accessing Hotmail with Outlook Express

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Important news if you currently access your Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook
    | Express, come June 30th. this will no longer be possible.
    |
    | * * A change is coming for users that access Hotmail with Outlook Express.
    | * * Outlook Express uses a protocol called DAV (Distributed Authoring and
    | * * Versioning protocol) to access a Windows Live™ Hotmail® e-mail account.
    | * * DAV, like POP3 or IMAP, is the way that a mail client communicates with a
    | * * web-based mail server. * *
    `----

    http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/a...k-express.aspx
    http://tinyurl.com/43rg86

    Microsoft to kill Hotmail access via Outlook Express

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The worst part is that Windows Live Mail requires the Windows XP SP2
    | operating system, or newer. That means that Microsoft has effectively screwed
    | Outlook Express users on Windows 2000 and earlier. Now, I'm all for progress,
    | but this is a poor way to handle the protocol change. I've got news for you
    | Microsoft: users prefer being able to access their mail inefficiently, as
    | opposed to not at all. These users will either have to go back to the browser
    | for their e-mail, or use a non-Microsoft e-mail application. * * *
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/micr...utlook-express

    Is Microsoft still having Windows Live outage problems or not?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After a full day of downtime for many Windows Live users on February 26 — an
    | outage the reasons for which Microsoft has declined to explain, but claimed
    | was resolved on February 26 — some users still seem to have been having
    | ongoing service-access problems. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1228

    Hotmail doesn't work with Firefox 2.0: Microsoft answers to Linux users "Switch
    to Outlook Express"

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I’m the increasingly discontent owner of an Hotmail account (don’t laught, I
    | subscribed back when Hotmail wasn’t owned by Microsoft). Recently, in order
    | to compete with Google on the Web, Hotmail’s interface was overhauled: it now
    | has a “classic” interface, which works reasonably well but is still rather
    | limited, and a supposedly “Full” interface that should make it the equal of
    | sites like Google Apps and Yahoo Mail/Calendar/etc.
    `----

    http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...with_firefox_2

    Hotmail engine overhaul

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The redesign effort, even its more ambitious aspects, is not
    | a total wash, however.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | With Hotmail, Microsoft was at the end of its development rope.
    | Every new feature basically had to be "hacked" into the code.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6...ml?tag=st.next

    It’s ME vs. MICROSOFT - Who Will Win ?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Now, the only problem with #1 is that IT DOES NOT WORK. When Microsoft
    | blackholes your email, or bounces it with “550 Your e-mail was rejected for
    | policy reasons on this gateway.“, no amount of client whitelisting is going
    | to help (I tried it). This leaves me with option #2 - well I say “F-You
    | Microsoft, I’m not paying for YOUR STUPID MISTAKES!”
    `----

    http://success.grownupgeek.com/index...-who-will-win/

    If Intent Can Be Proven, Microsoft Could Face Millions Of Mail Fraud Charges

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The final results bore out the "conventional wisdom." If emails were donuts,
    | Hotmail would be HomerSimpsonMail. I don't need to reiterate the figures,
    | there they are in blue and red. But for a Hotmail account to destroy up to
    | 81% of all emails with attachments prior to their delivery to a "generic" ISP
    | email account is nothing short of absurd, as these Hotmail accounts were not
    | the free variety, but the fully paid ones. Compare those figures to the ones
    | where the generic ISP email accounts exchanged emails with attachments and
    | you will clearly see the difference. The worst performance was in making 2%
    | Vanish.
    `----

    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotmail_Fail...achment_Emails

    Botnet army' behind tenfold rise in 'attachment' spam

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "No one but the spam group knows how many PCs they can control with this
    | spambot, it is assumed to be a high five figure number. If each of the PCs is
    | instructed to send 200-300 spam messages containing a PDF attachment the
    | spammers can send hundreds or millions of spam messages in a day - equivalent
    | to 25 percent of all spam sent on a given day."
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/index.php?opti...66&Itemid=1054

    Microsoft looking into Hotmail, Messenger problems

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft engineers were looking into problems with Windows Live
    | Hotmail and Live Messenger on Thursday after users reported
    | problems getting onto the services.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6175597.html

    Microsoft shipped OneCare unfinished?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Since shipping in May, OneCare has failed industry tests and exposed
    | users to attack because of a security flaw in the antivirus engine.
    | The application also incorrectly flagged Gmail as a virus and in some
    | cases quarantined or even deleted complete in-boxes when a single
    | e-mail was laden with a virus.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-616...0-20&subj=news

    Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
    | average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
    | could find it here.
    |
    | Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
    | because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
    | real digital inequities in the world.
    `----

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
    Cpu(s): 19.9%us, 41.6%sy, 0.1%ni, 37.2%id, 0.7%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.4%si, 0.0%st

  19. Re: Windows Live Mail

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >

    >> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    >> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    > Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions to
    > me.

    If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
    sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
    taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, **** it, you eat it.

  20. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    Why must this clown post War and Peace? He doesn't have a technical bone
    in his body.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast