Windows Live Mail - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows Live Mail - Linux ; On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:59:58 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote: > Hadron wrote: > >> Kelsey Bjarnason writes: >> >>> [snips] >>> >>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: >>> >>>> Hotmail still riddled with spam ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 54 of 54

  1. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:59:58 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason writes:
    >>
    >>> [snips]

    >>> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam. That's
    >>> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the
    >>> blame on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping
    >>> spam-spewing bots off users' computers.

    >> Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
    >> account?
    >>
    >> Are you mad?

    > Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run

    He's not too bright, is he? Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
    out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
    spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

  2. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:31:41 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    >>> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

    >> The version I'm running is 3.0.3. Apparently I have to upgrade to a
    >> newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

    > Then I guess this dumb heap of Microsoft rubbish doesn't correctly
    > recognize your user agent string -- either that, or your user agent
    > string has a non-standard value (about:config ->
    > general.useragent.extra.firefox).
    >
    > But pardon me for wondering why on earth you'd want to use a crappy
    > service from a company you don't like -- to put it mildly?

    Easy: I use it as a spam drop, and every now and then I like to go
    harvest the spam for filter training purposes. Not sure what _else_ it
    would be useful for; goat knows it blows chunks as a webmail service.

  3. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:59:58 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
    >>> account?
    >>>
    >>> Are you mad?

    >> Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run

    > He's not too bright, is he? Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
    > out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
    > spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

    Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
    imagine is there. Christ on a bike Kelsey you one sub IQ tape monkey.

  4. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Hadron wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    >>> Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run

    >> He's not too bright, is he? Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
    >> out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
    >> spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

    > Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
    > imagine is there.

    Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark.
    Your MO is to totally misread what was written

    > Christ on a bike Kelsey you one sub IQ tape monkey.

    Well, Hadron, pray tell: What OS, ****ty beyond imagination, is responsible
    for that incredible amount of spam?
    --
    The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
    the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

  5. Re: Windows Live Mail

  6. Re: Windows Live Mail

    [snips]

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:11:01 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >>> He's not too bright, is he? Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
    >>> out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting
    >>> in spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

    >> Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
    >> imagine is there.

    > Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark. Your MO is to totally
    > misread what was written

    No kidding. Let's see if we can follow his "thinking":

    1) He whines in incredulity that we might be suggesting MS is somehow
    responsible for the majority of spam _TO_ hotmail accounts

    2) We point out Windows - an MS product - is in fact responsible, albeit
    indirectly, for the vast majority of all spam - which, of course,
    includes spam to hotmail

    3) He whines that pointing this out to him somehow doesn't deal with his
    point, despite being directly to his point

    Nope, sorry, I can't figure out his mental processes; I'm not entirely
    sure he has any.

    > Well, Hadron, pray tell: What OS, ****ty beyond imagination, is
    > responsible for that incredible amount of spam?

    Including, again, much headed to hotmail accounts. Wonder if he'll ever
    clue in to this concept?

  7. Re: Windows Live Mail

  8. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > [snips]

    >>> Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
    >>> imagine is there.

    >> Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark. Your MO is to totally
    >> misread what was written

    > No kidding. Let's see if we can follow his "thinking":

    I doubt that.

    But let me help you.

    I said

    ,----
    `----

    Nothing more. Nothing less.

    This was in response to this:

    ,----
    | >>>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
    `----

    Now, apply the cream after that spanking and run along.

  9. Re: Windows Live Mail

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

    >>> Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
    >>> your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
    >>> hear. :-P

    >> What are you, six?

    > No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.

    He represents the Lollypop Guild,
    the Lollypop Guild,
    the Lollypop Guild.

    --
    You may already be a loser.
    -- Form letter received by Rodney Dangerfield.

  10. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:26:38 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

    >>> What are you, six?

    >> No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.

    > He represents the Lollypop Guild,
    > the Lollypop Guild,
    > the Lollypop Guild.

    A doggy drop for LiarMutt.

    Heel Liarmutt!
    Heel!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: Windows Live Mail

  12. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:26:38 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

    >>> No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.

    >> He represents the Lollypop Guild,
    >> the Lollypop Guild,
    >> the Lollypop Guild.

    > A doggy drop for LiarMutt.
    >
    > Heel Liarmutt!
    > Heel!

    What we have here in this NG is a lot of Linux Joe Sixpacks and Soccer
    moms. LOL

  13. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:

    > Yes, quite right. I apologise to everyone with an IQ above 5, which
    > leaves out the wintrolls!

    You give the Trolls too much credit.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:06:52 up 53 days, 1:19, 4 users, load average: 0.91, 0.80, 0.33

  14. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    Why must Roy aka Racine act like a girly-man?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3