Windows Live Mail - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows Live Mail - Linux ; Paul Montgumdrop wrote: > Roy Schestowitz wrote: > > > > Why must this clown post War and Peace? Feel free to ask a four-year old next door how to setup a killfile > He doesn't have a technical bone ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

  1. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > Why must this clown post War and Peace?

    Feel free to ask a four-year old next door how to setup a killfile

    > He doesn't have a technical bone in his body.

    Even if it were true, that would still be more than you have
    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
    And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

  2. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >>

    >>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
    >>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    >> Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions
    >> to me.
    >>

    > If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
    > sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
    > taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, **** it, you eat it.

    Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on authority
    that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do I know?
    Well, some humourless pillock informed me.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  3. Re: Windows Live Mail -- more reasons why it is utter crap

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    [snip Microsoft nagging users to upgrade]

    I forgot several more reasons why Windows Live Mail is total and utter crap,
    apart from Microsoft treating its users as stupid cattle, prodding 'em to
    upgrade whether they want it or not.
    When I exchange messages with hapless users of Windows BrainlessMail, this is
    what happens:

    "Hello Richard,

    A little while ago, we talked about [snip rest of top-posted reply]

    Yours truly,
    M.

    > Subject: Re: Development of audio processor> From: munged@linetec.nl> To: munged@hotmail.com> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:23:06 +0200> > At Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:23:06 +0200, M. wrote:> > Hello Richard,> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [big snip] Richard Rasker> -- > Linetec> Street Address> PC, City> http://www.linetec.nl/>

    Express yourself instantly with MSN Crappenger! Flush today it's FREE!
    http://crapware.msn.click-url.com/go...5hf/direct/01/

    Yup, it's typical Microsoft "quality": ignore universal standards for quotation
    marks, but instead reproduce all quoted text as an unwieldy ****heap, without
    regard for line endings or whatever. And oh, don't forget to affix spam for
    more Microsoft crap to each and every message -- spam which, miraculously,
    /is/ quite readable, line endings and all.
    Then top off this appalling mess by including a bunch of HTML crap with the
    same information (with the spam, of course).
    Yup, it's Great Stuff from Redmond allright.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  4. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

  5. Re: Windows Live Mail

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke wrote:

    >>> Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions
    >>> to me.
    >>>

    >> If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
    >> sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
    >> taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, **** it, you eat it.

    > Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on authority
    > that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do I know?
    > Well, some humourless pillock informed me.

    The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
    it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
    yooooooou. :-P

  6. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    >>> If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
    >>> sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
    >>> taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, **** it, you eat it.

    >> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
    >> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do
    >> I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
    >>

    > The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
    > it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
    > yooooooou. :-P

    Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
    harder.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  7. Re: Windows Live Mail

    SomeBloke wrote:

    > Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke wrote:

    >>> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
    >>> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How
    >>> do I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
    >>>

    >> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
    >> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
    >> yooooooou. :-P

    > Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
    > harder.

    Just please don't insult the real 14 years olds. They are extremely mature
    compared to that bloke
    --
    Subtlety is the art of saying what you think and getting out of the way
    before it is understood.

  8. Re: Windows Live Mail

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke wrote:

    >>> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
    >>> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do
    >>> I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
    >>>

    >> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
    >> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
    >> yooooooou. :-P

    > Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
    > harder.

    Your mama loved that 14 inch dick I put in her. I didn't have to try to
    hard to please her. She said that I ****ed her good like Linux. :-P

  9. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    I was wrong, much younger than 14.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  10. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:33:24 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    >>> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
    >>> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
    >>> yooooooou. :-P

    >> Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must
    >> try harder.
    >>

    > Just please don't insult the real 14 years olds. They are extremely
    > mature compared to that bloke

    Yes, quite right. I apologise to everyone with an IQ above 5, which
    leaves out the wintrolls!

    --
    I'm always polite, reasonable and kind.... except when I'm not.

  11. Re: SomeOldPunk that's right run to your daddy and hold onto hispant leg real tight.

  12. Re: Windows Live Mail

    [snips]

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:23:23 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

    >> Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
    >>

    > Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
    > your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
    > hear. :-P

    What are you, six? Grow up.

  13. Re: Windows Live Mail

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:10:13 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >
    >> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>

    >> Upgrade your web browser
    >> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>
    >> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >> * Mozilla Firefox
    >> * Apple Safari
    >>
    >> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >> be displayed properly.
    >>

    >> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >> logged in with.

    > Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

    The version I'm running is 3.0.3. Apparently I have to upgrade to a
    newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

  14. Re: Windows Live Mail

    [snips]

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Hotmail still riddled with spam
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
    > Hotmail addresses are spam.

    Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam. That's
    not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
    on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
    off users' computers.

  15. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:23:23 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >>> Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
    >>>

    >> Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
    >> your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
    >> hear. :-P

    > What are you, six? Grow up.

    What are you 106? Get you coffin dirt ready. I suggest you don't get
    your panties in a pinch about it. Just like I can no more tell you what
    to do, neither can you tell me what to do.

  16. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:10:13 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>>

    >>> Upgrade your web browser
    >>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>>
    >>> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >>> * Mozilla Firefox
    >>> * Apple Safari
    >>>
    >>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >>> be displayed properly.
    >>>

    >>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >>> logged in with.

    >> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

    > The version I'm running is 3.0.3. Apparently I have to upgrade to a
    > newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

    Then I guess this dumb heap of Microsoft rubbish doesn't correctly recognize
    your user agent string -- either that, or your user agent string has a
    non-standard value (about:config -> general.useragent.extra.firefox).

    But pardon me for wondering why on earth you'd want to use a crappy service
    from a company you don't like -- to put it mildly?

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  17. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Hotmail still riddled with spam
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
    >> Hotmail addresses are spam.

    > Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam. That's
    > not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
    > on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
    > off users' computers.

    Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
    account?

    Are you mad?

  18. Re: Windows Live Mail

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Kelsey Bjarnason

    wrote
    on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:02:49 -0700
    :
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> Just logged into Windows live mail. Saw the following:
    >>>

    >>> Upgrade your web browser
    >>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
    >>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
    >>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    >>>
    >>> * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    >>> * Mozilla Firefox
    >>> * Apple Safari
    >>>
    >>> If you don?t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
    >>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
    >>> be displayed properly.
    >>>

    >>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox. How odd; that's what I
    >>> logged in with.

    >> So?

    > So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
    > warning that their site might break if I don't.
    >
    >>> More quality tools from Microsoft.
    >>>

    >> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
    >> justification?

    > Justification for what? MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

    Maybe only slightly brain-dead; it is entirely possible that
    a fix including both the User-Agent: sent from the user's
    browser and a version number would be sufficient.
    Ideally, one might see the message:

    ** You are using Mozilla Firefox version 2.0.0.16, as far
    ** as we can tell from your User_Agent: headers.

    ** We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can
    ** get the most out of . To get started, choose
    ** one of the browsers below:

    * Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0
    * Mozilla Firefox version 3.0
    * Apple Safari version ??

    Of course, there's the issue that Microsoft might not
    want to bother to parse the User-Agent: string to
    get all this info, especially if Konqueror is involved,
    as Konqueror/Qt has a number of options that allow
    for customization of the User-Agent: string, depending
    on how much info the user wishes to release to the
    web server.

    And then there's Dillo, Lynx, and other such, which
    Microsoft may not recognize at all.

    But hey, it's a thought. :-D

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows. Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
    (1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".

  19. Re: Windows Live Mail

    ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:09 : \____

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Hotmail still riddled with spam
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
    >> Hotmail addresses are spam.

    > Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam. That's
    > not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
    > on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
    > off users' computers.

    Today:

    http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...aptcha+hotmail

    Spam swine break next-gen CAPTCHAs
    Register, UK - Oct 3, 2008
    Spam-tools scumbags behind the XRumer utility boast their application can
    defeat improved CAPTCHA controls deployed by both Hotmail and Google in
    response ...

    Ars Technica
    Right back at ya, CAPTCHA: bad guys crack Gmail, Hotmail
    Ars Technica, MA - Oct 2, 2008
    As for Windows Live Hotmail, Websense Security Labs has put together a
    step-by-step demonstration of how an existing automated anti-CAPTCHA bot goes
    about ...
    Spammers attacking Microsoft’s CAPTCHA — again
    ZDNet - Sep 30, 2008
    .... spammers and malware authors are once again attempting to break
    Microsoft’s “revisited” CAPTCHA, and are able to sign up Live Hotmail accounts
    with a ...
    Spammers Targeting Microsoft's Revised CAPTCHA Slashdot
    all 2 news articles » MSFT - WBSN
    Hotmail under attack
    IT Examiner, India - Oct 2, 2008
    .... 2008 8:51 AM Security outfit Websense claims that spammers have cracked
    Microsoft’s Hotmail mail service using streamlined anti-CAPTCHA tools. ...

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"

  20. Re: Windows Live Mail

    Hadron wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason writes:
    >
    >> [snips]
    >>
    >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hotmail still riddled with spam
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
    >>> Hotmail addresses are spam.

    >> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam. That's
    >> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
    >> on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
    >> off users' computers.

    > Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
    > account?
    >
    > Are you mad?

    Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run
    --
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
    To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.