BSD "jail" functionality (again?) - Linux

This is a discussion on BSD "jail" functionality (again?) - Linux ; I asked this before, maybe a year ago. Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? I don't mean UML or KVM, I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into compartments. The closest I've seen ...

  1. BSD "jail" functionality (again?)

    I asked this before, maybe a year ago.

    Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? I don't mean
    UML or KVM, I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into compartments.

    The closest I've seen is vserver, unfortunately the project seems to be dead
    (and it's a problem I have a machine relying on it..) after that, I decided
    that anything involving a kernel patch is out.

    Do you think linux will ever get real, actual 'jail' compartments?

    Jamie
    Perl * Java * UNIX User Management Solutions

  2. Re: BSD "jail" functionality (again?)

    Jamie wrote:

    > I asked this before, maybe a year ago.
    >
    > Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? I don't
    > mean UML or KVM, I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into
    > compartments.
    >
    > The closest I've seen is vserver, unfortunately the project seems to be
    > dead (and it's a problem I have a machine relying on it..) after that, I
    > decided that anything involving a kernel patch is out.
    >
    > Do you think linux will ever get real, actual 'jail' compartments?
    >
    > Jamie

    Yeah. I think it will... along time before windows will... Just submit a
    feature request and maybe some code to the linux kernel dev's....

    --

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    20:58:52 up 9 days, 1:16, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

+ Reply to Thread