[News] KDE4 and Plasma Report Shows Progress and Screenshots - Linux

  2. Re: [News] KDE4 and Plasma Report Shows Progress and Screenshots

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > KDE 4.1.2 Release Announcement
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | KDE Community Improves Desktop with KDE 4.1.2 Codenamed "Codename"
    > |
    > | KDE Community Ships Second Translation and Service Release of the 4.1
    > | Free Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and
    > | Translation Updates
    > `----
    >
    > http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1.2.php

    After seeing this announcement, I grabbed the sources and installed it on my
    Gentoo powered laptop. All I can say is it's wonderful. I like all but a
    couple of things about the new desktop and it's going to replace my current
    KDE 3.5.10 over this weekend.

    Thanks for the heads up, Roy.

    --

    ************************************************** ***************************

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    12:02:06 up 7 days, 16:19, 5 users, load average: 0.14, 0.13, 0.05

    ************************************************** ***************************

  3. Re: [News] KDE4 and Plasma Report Shows Progress and Screenshots

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 12:04:20 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

    > After seeing this announcement, I grabbed the sources and installed it on my
    > Gentoo powered laptop. All I can say is it's wonderful. I like all but a
    > couple of things about the new desktop and it's going to replace my current
    > KDE 3.5.10 over this weekend.
    >
    > Thanks for the heads up, Roy.

    You like the sliding menus in the start icon (or whatever it's called) at
    the lower left side of the taskbar?

    A waste of clicks IMHO.

    Also highly unstable under Mandriva and (k)Ubuntu.
    Might have been a lower version though, in fact I think it was.
    I tried it 2 weeks ago.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] KDE4 and Plasma Report Shows Progress and Screenshots

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 12:04:20 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:
    >

    >> After seeing this announcement, I grabbed the sources and installed it on
    >> my Gentoo powered laptop. All I can say is it's wonderful. I like all but
    >> a couple of things about the new desktop and it's going to replace my
    >> current KDE 3.5.10 over this weekend.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the heads up, Roy.

    > You like the sliding menus in the start icon (or whatever it's called) at
    > the lower left side of the taskbar?
    >
    > A waste of clicks IMHO.
    >
    > Also highly unstable under Mandriva and (k)Ubuntu.
    > Might have been a lower version though, in fact I think it was.
    > I tried it 2 weeks ago.

    Yes... like the kde4 start menu... if it's a real problem... change it. It's
    something you have in linux... choice.

    --

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    19:17:34 up 7 days, 23:35, 5 users, load average: 0.32, 0.14, 0.05

+ Reply to Thread