My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Homepage - Linux

This is a discussion on My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Homepage - Linux ; How "user friendly". Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff friendly. All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling people microsoft shills. What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer ...

  1. My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Homepage

    How "user friendly".

    Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    friendly.

    All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    people microsoft shills.

    What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must be
    a Toyota shill."

    Wake the f**k up.

  2. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTUHome page

    reporter wrote:
    > How "user friendly".
    >
    > Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    > friendly.
    >
    > All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    > people microsoft shills.
    >
    > What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must be
    > a Toyota shill."
    >
    > Wake the f**k up.

    That is because, you fscking imbecile, this is a linux advocacy group.
    Not a tech support group. Not a features discussion group.

  3. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > reporter wrote:
    >> How "user friendly".
    >>
    >> Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    >> friendly.
    >>
    >> All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    >> people microsoft shills.
    >>
    >> What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must
    >> be a Toyota shill."
    >>
    >> Wake the f**k up.

    > That is because, you fscking imbecile, this is a linux advocacy group.
    > Not a tech support group. Not a features discussion group.

    Not a truth-about-Linux-by-"advocates*" group.

  4. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTUHome page

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> reporter wrote:
    >>> How "user friendly".
    >>>
    >>> Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    >>> friendly.
    >>>
    >>> All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    >>> people microsoft shills.
    >>>
    >>> What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must
    >>> be a Toyota shill."
    >>>
    >>> Wake the f**k up.

    >> That is because, you fscking imbecile, this is a linux advocacy group.
    >> Not a tech support group. Not a features discussion group.

    > Not a truth-about-Linux-by-"advocates*" group.

    Advocacy is personal preference you dickhead. If you don't like it
    that's fine, just piss off.

  5. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:46:53 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> That is because, you fscking imbecile, this is a linux advocacy group.
    >>> Not a tech support group. Not a features discussion group.

    >> Not a truth-about-Linux-by-"advocates*" group.

    > Advocacy is personal preference you dickhead. If you don't like it
    > that's fine, just piss off.

    Two sentences.
    Two references to bodily functions/sexual organs.

    Right on target for COLA Linux *advocates*.

    What is it with bodily functions and Linux advocates?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    On 2008-10-04, reporter wrote:
    > How "user friendly".
    >
    > Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    > friendly.

    Who is blaming Microsoft? Blaming them for what?

    You are making **** up.

    > All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    > people microsoft shills.

    Rubbish. BTW, this isn't a "site", it's a newsgroup. Can you at least
    get _that_ part right?

    > What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must be
    > a Toyota shill."

    I don't drive a Ford and this is a computer OS advocacy newsgroup.

    I also don't do stupid car analogies.

    If any of my Gentoo Linux machines need maintenance I do it myself.

    > Wake the f**k up.

    Take your own advice.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  7. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTUHomepage

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 08:40:40 -0700, reporter wrote:

    > How "user friendly".
    >
    > Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff friendly.

    The "stuff" I use - Ubuntu, for the most part - is not only friendly, it
    is considerably more so than the tripe MS puts out.

    > All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    > people microsoft shills.

    Only those who are, or appear to be shills. There are perfectly
    legitimate criticisms of Linux, but it's hard to take seriously laundry
    lists of complaints from people who a) try more distros than even the
    most devoted Linux users, and b) can't get even the simplest things
    working in any of 'em.

    And what "site"? This is a newsgroup.

    > What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must be a
    > Toyota shill."

    I'm sorry, were you under the impression this was a Red Hat Technical
    Support outlet?

  8. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    On 2008-10-04, reporter wrote:
    > How "user friendly".
    >
    > Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    > friendly.

    What's not easy?

    There's a "download me" button right there on top of the page.

    [deletia]

    I challenge you to find a Windows app that makes it that easy.

    --
    How did irc manage to get so pretentious about civility |||
    of discourse when it doesn't even allow for the free and / | \

  9. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 21:26:54 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > On 2008-10-04, reporter wrote:
    >> How "user friendly".
    >>
    >> Come on you guys. Quit blaming microsoft and make your stuff
    >> friendly.

    > Who is blaming Microsoft? Blaming them for what?
    >
    > You are making **** up.
    >
    >> All reponses to criticism of LINUX on this site consist of calling
    >> people microsoft shills.

    > Rubbish. BTW, this isn't a "site", it's a newsgroup. Can you at least
    > get _that_ part right?

    Ahem... References: It's a googlegroper, you expected
    something?

    >> What if your Ford broke down, and the Ford Dealer said, "O you must be
    >> a Toyota shill."

    > I don't drive a Ford and this is a computer OS advocacy newsgroup.
    >
    > I also don't do stupid car analogies.
    >
    > If any of my Gentoo Linux machines need maintenance I do it myself.
    >
    >> Wake the f**k up.

    > Take your own advice.

    If the OP used a proper news service, for a start....

  10. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTUHome page

    You all blame microsoft for your bad attitudes and poor communication
    skills, then wonder why linux can't get any traction on the desktop.

    Fine lot of advocates you are.

  11. Re: My gawd . . . the word "install" appears no place on the UBUNTU Home page

    reporter wrote:

    >You all blame microsoft for your bad attitudes and poor communication
    >skills,

    Non sequitur.

    >then wonder why linux can't get any traction on the desktop.

    Right now I'm wondering how a someone as fsckwitted as you are can
    have the mental capacity to simultaneously breath and type.

    >Fine lot of advocates you are.

    Not sure why you're out, but back-in you go...

    *plonk*

+ Reply to Thread