Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead - Linux

This is a discussion on Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead - Linux ; Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time, it's the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the actual ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

  1. Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time, it's
    the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the actual
    ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid second, with
    estimated sales between 20 and 25 percent. Apple's not doing bad too, with
    approximately 10% of sales:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods

    And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom, with
    just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  2. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time, it's
    > the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the
    > actual

    So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    misleading and I was correct.

    > ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid second,
    > with

    Firmly at the top? OK. Good. So Linux most definitely is still not
    outselling Windows as you claimed, and where you were supported by the
    COLA faithful who were unable to spot your error in your previous
    reporting as I did? This is becoming a habit Richard - maybe be a bit
    more careful in future or accept the correction when it's offered before
    it all gets out of hand with mud slinging?

    > estimated sales between 20 and 25 percent. Apple's not doing bad too, with
    > approximately 10% of sales:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    > http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >
    > And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom, with
    > just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    Vista is a monster. I set up a friends Vista to show here mov files
    recently. I hated every minute. I hated the "install something I know
    nothing about" procedure.

    > Richard Rasker

  3. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:03:57 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    > misleading and I was correct.

    You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?

    Stupid bastard.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.

  4. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time, it's
    > the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the actual
    > ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid second, with
    > estimated sales between 20 and 25 percent. Apple's not doing bad too, with
    > approximately 10% of sales:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    > http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >
    > And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom, with
    > just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    Richard -

    If you have the time/inclination, is it possible for you to do a similar
    exercise on Amazon.co.uk, and compare results?
    I'd do it myself, but I'm now quite lost on what you did to come up with all
    that!

    I suspect (could well be wrong) that the UK results are rather different.

  5. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

  6. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:03:57 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    >> misleading and I was correct.

    > You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    > do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?

    Didnt see it. Unless you are talking about the previous mistake he made
    where he mistook the number of laptops sold which CAN have Linux with
    those having Linux.

    > Stupid bastard.

    Your sigs are getting better.

  7. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Tattoo Vampire on Saturday 04 October 2008 13:04 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:03:57 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    >>> misleading and I was correct.

    >> You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    >> do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?
    >>
    >> Stupid bastard.

    > The hadron needs some more spinning down in the tunnel. Or maybe some briefing
    > with SweatyB.

    And yet its Tattoo Campfire who is doing the sweaty bit. Poor Roy -
    trying so hard to be the boss boy and so often failing and looking like
    a mental case.

  8. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Richard Rasker wrote:
    > Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this
    > time, it's the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big
    > changes in the actual ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and
    > Linux a solid second, with estimated sales between 20 and 25 percent.

    20% to 25% of XP sales on Amazon mini-pcs
    1% of XP usage share at hitslink.com
    50% to 150% or more of the XP problem complaints per Google
    Untold $billions in development over 17 years

    Go Linux. What a raging success.

    > Apple's not doing bad too, with approximately 10% of sales:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    > http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >
    > And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the
    > bottom, with just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still
    > dropping.

    Yeah, Vista's dead alright:
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10

    After being on the market less than 2 years, and costing a fortune (so says
    Linux idiots), and requiring expensive hardware (so says Linux idiots),
    Vista already has at least 20x the number of users Linux has gained in 17
    years. It's market share actually declined from last month, from 0.93% to
    0.91%.

  9. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:03:57 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    >> misleading and I was correct.

    > You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    > do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?

    Yes, I do believe that Hadron does want him to fall down on his knees.

    However, I'm not quite sure about the form of "worship" Hadron has in
    mind.

    > Stupid bastard.

    Arrogance and stupidity... a bad combo.

    --
    "If you don't want your dog to have bad breath, do what I do: Pour a little
    Lavoris in the toilet."

  10. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time, it's
    >> the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the
    >> actual

    > So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    > misleading and I was correct.
    >
    >> ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid second,
    >> with

    > Firmly at the top? OK. Good. So Linux most definitely is still not
    > outselling Windows as you claimed, and where you were supported by the
    > COLA faithful who were unable to spot your error in your previous
    > reporting as I did?

    Idiot. I was the first poster after Hadron, and I indeed pointed out
    both of their links.

    Another misrepresentation by the leading COLA "advocate", Hadron Queeg.

    > This is becoming a habit Richard - maybe be a bit
    > more careful in future or accept the correction when it's offered before
    > it all gets out of hand with mud slinging?

    He did, you stupid bastard.

  11. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:48:39 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Didnt see it.

    You have selective vision when you read this group, Queeg.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing
    section in a swimming pool?

  12. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:48:39 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Didnt see it.

    > You have selective vision when you read this group, Queeg.

    He's a troll. He has to manufacturer controversy, rather than politely
    pointing out contrary evidence, and trying to sort it all out in a
    civilized manner.

    > --
    > ...Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing
    > section in a swimming pool?

    I thought all pools had peeing sections.

    --
    Q: "Herr Mozart, I am thinking of writing symphonies. Can you give me any
    suggestions as to how to get started?"

  13. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On 2008-10-04, Richard Rasker claimed:

    > And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom, with
    > just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    It will eventually be delisted.

    Nobody _buys_ Vista. They might buy a computer and be stuck with it.
    But their goal didn't have Vista in mind.

    --
    VISTA: Volatile and Ineffective Solution That's an Abomination

  14. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On 2008-10-04, Tattoo Vampire claimed:

    > You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    > do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?
    >
    > Stupid bastard.

    Quack's almost never right. S/H/It's going to take advantage of the
    one or two times s/h/it's ever been right whenever s/h/it can.

    I think a far more rewarding career for Quirk would be to find a job.
    Or go find another of s/h/it's species and do the nasty with it.

    --
    It turns out Luddites don't know how to use software properly....
    The reason we come up with new versions is not to fix bugs....It's

  15. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> Here's the current state of sales, OS-wise, at Amazon's (and this time,
    >> it's the full list, not just the "in stock" list). No big changes in the
    >> actual

    > So I'll take that as another apology that your post before was
    > misleading and I was correct.
    >
    >> ranking, with XP still firmly at the top, and Linux a solid second,
    >> with

    > Firmly at the top? OK. Good. So Linux most definitely is still not
    > outselling Windows as you claimed, and where you were supported by the
    > COLA faithful who were unable to spot your error in your previous
    > reporting as I did? This is becoming a habit Richard - maybe be a bit
    > more careful in future or accept the correction when it's offered before
    > it all gets out of hand with mud slinging?

    If you read the previous thread(s), you'll find that there was no
    mudslinging whatsoever on my behalf -- I recall, however, one rather
    obnoxious person who kicked off shouting "liar" and "idiot" right away,
    without knowing for himself why my list differed from the one he got. Sure,
    this person may have pointed out the discrepancy between the two lists, but
    failed to identify the cause -- something which took me a little time too.

    >> estimated sales between 20 and 25 percent. Apple's not doing bad too,
    >> with approximately 10% of sales:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    >> http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >>
    >> And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom,
    >> with just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    > Vista is a monster. I set up a friends Vista to show here mov files
    > recently. I hated every minute. I hated the "install something I know
    > nothing about" procedure.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  16. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 10:27:44 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > I think a far more rewarding career for Quirk would be to find a job.
    > Or go find another of s/h/it's species and do the nasty with it.

    Which means he'll be bumping uglies with either cc, d00Fus or Flatfarb.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Groundwater. Do you mean crushed ice?

  17. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:14:41 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > He's a troll. He has to manufacturer controversy, rather than politely
    > pointing out contrary evidence, and trying to sort it all out in a
    > civilized manner.

    That's a perfect description of Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  18. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    "Sinister Midget" schreef in bericht
    > On 2008-10-04, Richard Rasker claimed:
    >
    >> And oh, there's Vista. Well, sort of, anyway, somewhere at the bottom,
    >> with
    >> just around 5 percent of sales, and apparently still dropping.

    > It will eventually be delisted.
    >
    > Nobody _buys_ Vista. They might buy a computer and be stuck with it.
    > But their goal didn't have Vista in mind.
    >
    > --
    > VISTA: Volatile and Ineffective Solution That's an Abomination

    2008 WinXP W2000 Win98 Vista W2003 Linux Mac
    September 73.3% 2.2% 0.2% 13.2% 1.8% 3.8% 5.2%
    August 73.9% 2.4% 0.2% 12.5% 1.9% 3.9% 4.9%
    Conclusion: Mac=growing; Windows=steady; Linux=falling!

    Sinister Midget writes:

    > On 2008-10-04, Tattoo Vampire claimed:
    >
    >> You ****ing idiot. He posted days ago that you were correct. What the ****
    >> do you want him to do, fall down on his knees and worship you?
    >>
    >> Stupid bastard.

    > Quack's almost never right. S/H/It's going to take advantage of the
    > one or two times s/h/it's ever been right whenever s/h/it can.

    Actually I have been right nearly every time it has come to fact
    checking in COLA. And I'm also right when I say you're a loony know
    nothing who is only good for shilling other peoples lies and fantasy
    worlds here in COLA.

    > I think a far more rewarding career for Quirk would be to find a job.
    > Or go find another of s/h/it's species and do the nasty with it.

    Or maybe sit in here telling lies about Linux adoption eh? Like Rasker
    did and BOTH times I called him on it and was correct. Didn't mean all
    the yes men came and apologised for calling me a liar though did it?

    Oh no!

  20. Re: Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sales, Vista all but dead

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:14:41 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >

    >> He's a troll. He has to manufacturer controversy, rather than politely
    >> pointing out contrary evidence, and trying to sort it all out in a
    >> civilized manner.

    > That's a perfect description of Schestowitz.

    And Liarnut knows full well (or maybe doesnt because he never reads the
    articles he follows up to or shills) I was more than polite considering
    the abusive feedback I got when SHOWING how to get the CORRECT numbers.

    But then Liarnut is a fraud and a bull ****ter. "Messin' wid da
    code". LOL. What a phoney.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast