Crapware victim would rather use DOS than Linux slop - Linux

This is a discussion on Crapware victim would rather use DOS than Linux slop - Linux ; "I tried this operating system, and it's prone to crashes and makes even the simplest of tasks, like keeping a spreadsheet updated or converting .bmp to jpg, real chores. It reminds me a lot of Windows in the early 1990s, ...

  1. Crapware victim would rather use DOS than Linux slop

    "I tried this operating system, and it's prone to crashes and makes even the
    simplest of tasks, like keeping a spreadsheet updated or converting .bmp to
    jpg, real chores. It reminds me a lot of Windows in the early 1990s, quite
    temperamental. I'd go back to DOS before I'd try this again."

    http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addTwoStar

  2. Re: Ubuntu 8.04 Takes eWEEK Labs Analyst's Choice Designation

    DFS wrote:

    > "I tried this operating system, and it's prone to crashes and
    > makes even the simplest of tasks, like keeping a spreadsheet
    > updated or converting .bmp to jpg, real chores. It reminds me
    > a lot of Windows in the early 1990s, quite temperamental. I'd
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addTwoStar

    This is another example of DFS' only purpose in this group to
    seed this forum with unsubstantiated non-sense. Out of the 9
    comments this person left on Amazon, only one was for software.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    Same commenter bought his wife a pendant and failed to verify
    that his purchase came with a chain, failed to supply a chain
    prior to giving as a gift to his wife. Thus, vendor embarrassed
    his wife.

    Ubuntu 8.04 LTS is a stable, long term support product.

    http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-O...ke-On-Windows/

    or http://tinyurl.com/5a4hcx

    Ubuntu 8.04 Is Ready to Take On Windows
    By Jason Brooks
    2008-04-25

    Article Views: 285701
    Article Rating: ***** / 250

    Ubuntu's deep software catalog, focus on usability and active
    community combine with long-term support to put desktop Linux's
    best face forward.

    Canonical has marshaled the best of what the open-source world
    has to offer in Ubuntu 8.04, a Linux-based operating system
    that's capable of mounting a serious challenge to Microsoft
    Windows on mainstream desktops and notebooks.
    During my tests of Ubuntu 8.04, both in its final form and in a
    series of test releases that led up to the official launch April
    24, I've been impressed enough with the distribution to award it
    the eWEEK Labs Analyst's Choice designation.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  3. Re: Ubuntu 8.04 Takes eWEEK Labs Analyst's Choice Designation

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >

    >> http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addTwoStar

    > This is another example of DFS' only purpose in this group to
    > seed this forum with unsubstantiated non-sense.

    DFS left out that 15 out of 18 reviews were 4 and 5 stars, too.

    But what do you expect from a Microsoft Scarecrow?

    He should be singing along with Ray Bolger: "If I only had a brain!"

    > Out of the 9
    > comments this person left on Amazon, only one was for software.

    He did rate a Joseph Wambaugh novel 5 stars. Whoot!

    --
    Real Users never use the Help key.

  4. Re: Crapware victim would rather use DOS than Linux slop

    On 2008-10-04, DFS wrote:
    > "I tried this operating system, and it's prone to crashes and makes even the
    > simplest of tasks, like keeping a spreadsheet updated or converting .bmp to
    > jpg, real chores. It reminds me a lot of Windows in the early 1990s, quite
    > temperamental. I'd go back to DOS before I'd try this again."
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addTwoStar

    ...which is all pretty darn vague and reads like something you
    might have come up with to troll with in here.

    --
    How did irc manage to get so pretentious about civility |||
    of discourse when it doesn't even allow for the free and / | \

  5. Re: Crapware victim would rather use DOS than Linux slop

    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-10-04, DFS wrote:
    >> "I tried this operating system, and it's prone to crashes and makes
    >> even the simplest of tasks, like keeping a spreadsheet updated or
    >> converting .bmp to jpg, real chores. It reminds me a lot of Windows
    >> in the early 1990s, quite temperamental. I'd go back to DOS before
    >> I'd try this again."
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addTwoStar

    > ...which is all pretty darn vague and reads like something you
    > might have come up with to troll with in here.

    It's unambiguous: the victim thinks Linux is a joke (most people do - that's
    why its installed base is so low after 17 years).

+ Reply to Thread