A Debian stinker - Linux

This is a discussion on A Debian stinker - Linux ; On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 03:58:26 +0200, Hadron wrote: > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes: > >> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:16:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >> >> >>> I'm going to have to take another run at Gentoo one of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: A Debian stinker

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 03:58:26 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:16:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>

    >>> I'm going to have to take another run at Gentoo one of these days.

    >> Don't waste your time.
    >> You'll screw it up for certain LiarMutt.

    > But surely he'll just be "a messin' wid da code"?

    Yet another idiotic statement by LiarMutt....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: A Debian stinker

    Yes, flatfish bull****ting again.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  3. Re: A Debian stinker

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 19:25:00 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
    wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Bob Hauck belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:14:12 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
    >> wrote:

    >>> I installed it with aptitude (lenny) and found that it wanted a
    >>> non-existent version of the imlib library.

    >> That happens sometimes with the "testing" version. There's a reason
    >> they call it that. If you wait a while the new library should show up.

    > Maybe. In sarge and etch, wallp version is 0.64-7, in lenny and sid it
    > is 0.64-7+b1.

    A lot of stuff depends on imlib though. Since major things like gtk
    aren't broken it sounds like maybe this "wallp" is ahead of the curve
    rather than behind it 8->

    --
    -| Comrade Bob Hauck
    -| Proud part owner of the People's Insurance Company (formerly AIG)

  4. Re: A Debian stinker

    William Poaster wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> Bob Hauck belched:

    >>> Only if you're using unstable or testing. If you are
    >>> unable to deal with an occasional breakage, you should be
    >>> using stable.
    >>>
    >>> The OP said he's using "lenny", which is testing. The
    >>> current stable is named etch.

    >> And, of course, Moshe just has to exaggerate the probability
    >> of dependency problems with apt. "Quite often", my ass.

    > Yes, flatfish bull****ting again.

    Yes, and Hadron "me too"ing. Complains that I do nothing for
    Linux, complains about a bug in FireFox yet fails to submit a
    bugzilla report (which I did), calls me a hypocrite. Calls
    Linonut "Liarmutt". He needs to look inwardly at his own hypocrisy.

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: A Debian stinker

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:05:44 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>> Bob Hauck belched:

    >>> And, of course, Moshe just has to exaggerate the probability
    >>> of dependency problems with apt. "Quite often", my ass.

    >> Yes, flatfish bull****ting again.

    > Yes, and Hadron "me too"ing. Complains that I do nothing for
    > Linux, complains about a bug in FireFox yet fails to submit a
    > bugzilla report (which I did), calls me a hypocrite. Calls
    > Linonut "Liarmutt". He needs to look inwardly at his own hypocrisy.

    I don't have the time to keep track of the bugs, register for bug reporting
    sites and then get a curt pompous email yelling at me for reporting an
    already reported bug that maybe I couldn't find because my search argument
    didn't generate a good hit count.

    I leave that to the dedicated masses.

    I am in contact with some developers of various Linux programs and I let
    them know when I discover problems.
    And they appreciate it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: A Debian stinker

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:05:44 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>> Bob Hauck belched:

    >>> And, of course, Moshe just has to exaggerate the probability
    >>> of dependency problems with apt. "Quite often", my ass.

    >> Yes, flatfish bull****ting again.

    > Yes, and Hadron "me too"ing. Complains that I do nothing for
    > Linux, complains about a bug in FireFox yet fails to submit a
    > bugzilla report (which I did), calls me a hypocrite.

    Quack makes stupid statements about what Linux advocates do or don't do.
    As you say, the troll whines that we don't do anything for Linux, yet he
    really doesn't know *what* we do. As I said in another thread, I've
    probably reported more bugs in distro beta versions than he's had hot
    breakfasts.

    The dork can't even get his own installation set up properly, let alone
    join a LUG & actually install distros on other *peoples* machines. (Which
    I've been doing for a long time)

    > Calls Linonut "Liarmutt". He needs to look inwardly at his own hypocrisy.

    Indeed he does, but Quack is too arrogant & conceited to do that.

    As someone in another group remarked about Hardon Quack, "his notoriety
    has preceded him".

    --
    Kaspersky VirusScan 7.0: WARNING!
    Windows found: Remove it (Y/N) ?