Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista - Linux ; Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users more time to switch back to Windows XP. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/ As for low end notebooks, they'll ...

  1. Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    more time to switch back to Windows XP.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/

    As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    since it's either Linux or XP.

  2. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    > convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    > more time to switch back to Windows XP.
    >

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/
    >
    > As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    > since it's either Linux or XP.

    Microsoft ends support for XP: cola idiots whine "force everyone to Vista"
    Microsoft extends support for XP: cola idiots gloat "Vista sux!"

    MS can't win with cola Linux assholes.

  3. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:39:00 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>
    >> Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    >> convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    >> more time to switch back to Windows XP.
    >>

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/
    >>
    >> As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    >> since it's either Linux or XP.

    > Microsoft ends support for XP: cola idiots whine "force everyone to Vista"
    > Microsoft extends support for XP: cola idiots gloat "Vista sux!"
    >
    > MS can't win with cola Linux assholes.

    Cisco is great they use Linux in their data centers.
    Cisco is satan because they support IP.

    These Linux loons in COLA are pathetic.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:39:00 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    >>> convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    >>> more time to switch back to Windows XP.
    >>>

    >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/
    >>>
    >>> As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    >>> since it's either Linux or XP.

    >> Microsoft ends support for XP: cola idiots whine "force everyone to Vista"
    >> Microsoft extends support for XP: cola idiots gloat "Vista sux!"
    >>
    >> MS can't win with cola Linux assholes.

    > Cisco is great they use Linux in their data centers.
    > Cisco is satan because they support IP.
    >
    > These Linux loons in COLA are pathetic.

    Yup. One of Roy's disillusioned clique emailed me today with an
    interesting tit bit. Apparently Marti has been complaining that we were
    nice to him and supportive of his usage of Free applications on Linux to
    create his audio CDs! Thats right. Complaining that were nice and
    supportive! Rather than take it for the compliment it was meant as (I
    use Debian for 100% of my work now), the nutters have made him paranoid
    and are suggesting that any compliments for using Linux for good things
    is merely trolling. Here, I was sent this little extract:

    ,----
    | Hi Roy ;-)
    | Sorry for entering #bn, but need advice
    | shestowitz: the colatrolls are trying to pull me to the dark side, of course I don't fall for it
    | Don't be sorry, Everyone's welcome.
    | Dark side?
    | Have they invited you to Sweaty's dungeon?
    | schestowits: yes being friendly to me, but I don't buy it
    | lol :-)
    | Schestowitz: should I tell how I feel or just ignore them?
    | I temporary released them from the Bin bucket
    | They try to divide.
    | Divisive things is what they tried many time before, even with Peter K. Gary Stewart used the waterskidoo nym to divide a lot.
    | Yup, that's crystal clear
    | What is your advice, should I respond or simply ignore them? I know exactly what thei're up to
    | It's not just COLA BTW. Microsoft is doing this for real in many places like committees.
    | You befriend s portion and use that to portray the rest as "anti" or "extreme" and stir things up with insults and provocation.
    | Just ignore them. Not seeing them makes it much easier.
    | *sigh* SYS-con and the Maureen O'Gara shill are spamming Google again.
    | Correct, I almost have a full time job on it on Dutch Forums. They call me the Stallmanextremist and Boycottnovell movement...
    | Likes of junk text appended, attacks on Stallman from Shill O'Gara... the same old routine. Google should just ban them as it may have done some time ago.
    | ml2mst: spend your time not being distracted (reading or replying) to trolls. That's what they would want -- for you to be taken off the rail.
    | Schestowitz, they will never take me of the rail. I will never buy it.
    | They say something friendly to me and use it to attack fellow "good" posters like HPT and Chris (Linonut).
    | Just don't read what they write. IMHO. It makes it less likely they'll change the subject or receive attention.
    | Schestowitz: it's all in the "New Free album treat".
    | Schestowitz: thank you very much for your advice, will return to #BN using kirc when I have something to contribute.
    `----

    He's thanking Roy for advice on kill filing the only people who
    congratulated him on actually using Linux for something worthwhile!

    Asking Roy for advice of this nature would be akin to asking Adolf
    Hitler for his views on Romananian-Jewish immigrant palm readers.

    What a bunch of loonies!

  5. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 04:03:50 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> [...]

    >| Schestowitz, they will never take me of the rail. I will never buy it.
    >| They say something friendly to me and use it to attack fellow "good" posters like HPT and Chris (Linonut).
    >| Just don't read what they write. IMHO. It makes it less likely they'll change the subject or receive attention.
    >| Schestowitz: it's all in the "New Free album treat".
    >| Schestowitz: thank you very much for your advice, will return to #BN using kirc when I have something to contribute.
    > `----
    >
    > He's thanking Roy for advice on kill filing the only people who
    > congratulated him on actually using Linux for something worthwhile!
    >
    > Asking Roy for advice of this nature would be akin to asking Adolf
    > Hitler for his views on Romananian-Jewish immigrant palm readers.

    It figures....

    Look, Marti's efforts wrt to music were pretty decent.
    He worked hard and produced something that was pretty good IMHO.
    Not my style, but certainly listenable and I'm fairly certain there is an
    audience for it.

    At least he actually used the tools he preaches about which is far more
    than most people, including Schestowitz do.
    They are phonies and maybe Marti is more of what you see is what you get.
    Can't shoot someone down for that.

    Roy is obviously terrified of losing converts because he already has so
    few.
    Roy is the reason this group is stagnant as far as Linux advocates are
    concerned.
    Who in their right mind would waste time trying to advocate Linux here?

    One look in Google shows this group to be a SPAM trap.

    Thank Schestowitz for that and Google stats back that up.

    As for Marti, my comments were sincere and like I say, I call em' as I see
    them.
    If he wants to align himself with a bunch of hypocrite phonies, so be it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:

    > Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    > convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    > more time to switch back to Windows XP.
    >

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/
    >
    > As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    > since it's either Linux or XP.

    This is a critical point for Microsoft. So far, they've had the best
    part of a year to come up with a strategy for how to handle the new
    class of ultra-portable device, with no signs to date of anything other
    than extending the lifetime of the already long-in-the-tooth XP.

    The new mobility markets are filling up with linux-based machines, with
    OpenMoko, Android & LiMo leading the way into voice telephony user
    devices, and Ubuntu, Mandriva & Maemo paving the road to µComputers
    that, unlike their 1970s equivalents, really are quite small!

  7. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 04 October 2008 07:49 : \____

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:
    >>
    >> Never mind that Microsoft has kicked off a hyped ad campaign to
    >> convince the public to buy Windows Vista PCs, - it's also given users
    >> more time to switch back to Windows XP.
    >>

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...s_xp_recovery/
    >>
    >> As for low end notebooks, they'll have to give them even more time,
    >> since it's either Linux or XP.

    > This is a critical point for Microsoft. So far, they've had the best
    > part of a year to come up with a strategy for how to handle the new
    > class of ultra-portable device, with no signs to date of anything other
    > than extending the lifetime of the already long-in-the-tooth XP.

    They have begun throwing vapourware around again (Windows Cloud). They must be
    very nervous.

    "In the face of strong competition, Evangelism's focus may shift immediately to
    the next version of the same technology, however. Indeed, Phase 1 (Evangelism
    Starts) for version x+1 may start as soon as this Final Release of version X."

    --Microsoft, internal document
    http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/...comes-3096.pdf

    > The new mobility markets are filling up with linux-based machines, with
    > OpenMoko, Android & LiMo leading the way into voice telephony user
    > devices, and Ubuntu, Mandriva & Maemo paving the road to µComputers
    > that, unlike their 1970s equivalents, really are quite small!

    They have also been speaking a lot about mobile over the past week, making
    promises they can't fulfill (links below). They might wish to reproduce the
    failure of the Zune with a 'Zune phone', according to reports.

    On all except a few very profitable products (e.g. Microsoft Office), Microsoft
    makes colossal losses.

    ____
    Windows Mobile misses annual shipment target

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Lees, a veteran Microsoft executive who moved from the Server & Tools unit in
    | February, attributed the lower-than-projected Windows Mobile sales to some
    | devices coming to market slightly later than previously expected. He declined
    | to say which ones.
    `----

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Microsoft (MSFT): Kill The Zune
    http://www.247wallst.com/2008/09/microsoft-msf-1.html

    Zune Guy Rant Against Microsoft and Zune no Longer Available
    http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/07/26/z...ger-available/

    Zune Guy calls Microsoft 'liars,' says Zune situation is 'f***ing bulls**t'
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/26/z...ation-is-f-in/

    Zune absent from Microsoft exec's speech
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13526_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20

    The beginning of the end for the Microsoft Zune
    http://tech.blorge.com/Structure%20/2008/05/25/the -beginning-to-the-end-for-the-microsoft-zune/

    Zuneral this Saturday!
    http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/%7Efreecu...this-saturday/

    GameStop to Stop Zune Sales
    http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/news.../10418052.html

    - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers
    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...-to-consumers/

    Zune Sales Still In the Toilet
    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...in-the-toilet/

    Microsoft May Build a Copyright Cop Into Every Zune
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...ref=technology

    Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company
    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

    Dancing Ballmer subjected to Zune dance therapy
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/01/ballmer_dances/

    A Legitimate Reason to Hate the Zune (And Microsoft Too)
    http://www.applematters.com/index.ph...microsoft-too/

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    "One smaller motivation which, in part, stems from altruism is
    Microsoft-bashing."
    --Vinod Valloppillil, Microsoft

  8. Re: Microsoft gives users six months longer to flee from Vista

+ Reply to Thread