[News] [Rival] Microsoft Loses Major Business Customers to Google - Linux

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Loses Major Business Customers to Google

    On Oct 3, 5:26 am, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > P&G Flirts with Google Apps and Scares the Bejesus Out of Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Does Google Apps pose a threat to Microsoft? No way, said Microsoft CEOSteve
    > | Ballmer in April 2007. He made his point clear to attendees at the USA Today
    > | CEO Forum: "[Google has] come out with what I might callwhat's the
    > | politically correct way of saying it?they've come out with some of the
    > | lowest functionality, lowest capability applications of all time."
    > |
    > | The room filled with laughter.
    > |
    > | Ballmerfor oneis not laughing now. That hubris and short-sightedness is
    > | coming back to haunt him.
    > |
    > | Microsoft is now taking the threat from Google quite seriously: In July2008
    > | COO Kevin Turner was dispatched to consumer-products giant Procter & Gamble
    > | to dissuade P&G from moving to Google Appsand ditching Microsoft.
    > `----
    >
    > http://advice.cio.com/thomas_wailgum...ogle_apps_and_...

    Is Turner bringing along suitcases full of cash? Free tickets to
    sporting events/Caribbean cruises/the inauguration/houses of ill
    repute? Or just blackjacks and tire irons?

    One way or another, P&G will come around.

+ Reply to Thread