does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6 - Linux

This is a discussion on does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6 - Linux ; we know, a kernel task could be preemptived in 2.6, but i'm not sure that does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6. any one have practice with this problem? thanks for hare the description on it....

  1. does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6

    we know, a kernel task could be preemptived in 2.6, but i'm not sure
    that does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6.

    any one have practice with this problem? thanks for hare the
    description on it.

  2. Re: does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6

    lion3875 wrote:

    > we know, a kernel task could be preemptived in 2.6, but i'm not sure
    > that does a ISR routine could be preemptived in 2.6.
    >
    > any one have practice with this problem? thanks for hare the
    > description on it.

    When you are using rt-preempt on top of your 2.6 kernel, also the ISRs are
    preemptiv (and you can prioritize them). For the regular 2.6 kernel I'm not
    sure.

    jbe

+ Reply to Thread