Build better blogs with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Chances are you have some sort of web site. Linux has a rich history of text
| processing which can be used to turbo-boost your blogs. In fact, blogging
| goes to Linux like a hand to a glove.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20963/1143/

Related:

Become a better blogger with UNIX

,----[ Quote ]
| Did you know that blogging and UNIX go hand in hand? The native Web
| and text-processing tools of UNIX enable you to create your blogs
| quickly and easily. Discover some handy tips for improving your UNIX
| blogging skills.
`----

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...u-rundown.html

Do you really need Sun Weblog Publisher?

,----[ Quote ]
| Suddenly, every application on the desktop seems to be adding a
| blogging extension. Sun Microsystems' offering is the Sun Weblog
| Publisher (SWP) for StarOffice and OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/articl...12230&from=rss

Open Source Rocks

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been doing a little work on a proof-of-concept for a new fully
| WordPress driven alexking.org site. I'm working off of the current WP
| trunk ("trunk" is the place bugs are created in any software), so naturally
| I ran into a couple of minor issues.
|
| After a brief IM conversation with Ryan to make sure I was fixing the
| issues correctly, I submitted a patch and minutes later it was
| committed. Fantastic!
`----

http://www.alexking.org/blog/2006/09...-source-rocks/

Totally Free Wordpress Hosting

,----[ Quote ]
| Now I will explain the procedure I tested. Just keep in mind that while it
| shows how to work with Wordpress blog engine, the idea can work for any other
| web or other resource you'd like to use. I looked over the web for all sorts
| of virtualization techniques, and the one I found to be the easiest is the
| VMWare image of rPath Wordpress Appliance. It is the basic VMWare image of a
| virtual computer, which includes all required software components needed to
| run Wordpress. Its size is about 130Mb, which is while not that small, is not
| big either - a connection to DSL would be enough to get it in about half an
| hour. * * * *
`----

http://www.thetechandcents.com/2008/...osting_05.html

Blogging as open source fact checking

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source software community often quotes the Linus Law. "With
| enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." That is, having multiple people
| poring over your lines of code is an excellent way find errors. It's not
| like a thousand people are collaboratively writing database software, but
| all those people are looking over the shoulders of the few who are.
|
| Blogs are doing that to media...
|
| How these organizations respond may very well point to their future
| success. Will they see these legion bloggers as adversaries? (Think of
| how Microsoft "competes" with Linux.) Or will they find inspiration in,
| say, the Digg model, harnessing countless tiny points of participation
| to harness the collective intelligence of their audience and feeding it
| back into their product?
`----

http://www.veen.com/jeff/archives/000929.html

Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers in India !!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
| for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
| the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
| in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
| supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
`----

http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/m...-bloggers.html

Blogging made easy with Drivel

,----[ Quote ]
| Designed for GNOME, Drivel can work with Blogger, LiveJournal,
| MovableType, WordPress, and other popular journaling tools. Despite
| an elegant yet simple interface, Drivel packs in some very useful
| features, such as an integrated spellcheker, HTML syntax highlighting,
| and the ability to edit and update past entries.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/articl...31225&from=rss

Movable Type goes open source, enters WordPress turf

,----[ Quote ]
| Movable Type goes open source, enters WordPress turf6 days ago, Movable Type
| announced that its software is now open source. With a number of killer
| features built in and a thriving developer community, the organization may be
| well positioned to woo users from WordPress.
|
| Since Movable Type’s launch, there has always been a free version available
| with fewer features than the commercialized product. According to the Movable
| Type’s blog, “back in late 2002 and early 2003, [cofounders] Ben and Mena had
| both been adamant about one particular point from the very beginning of the
| negotiations: That there would always be a free version of Movable Type with
| the source code freely available.”
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure%20/...ordpress-turf/

Movable Type Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| As of today, and forever forward, Movable Type is open source. This means you
| can freely modify, redistribute, and use Movable Type for any purpose you
| choose. *
`----

http://www.movabletype.org/2007/12/m...en_source.html

Movable Type 4.0 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Movable Type 4.0 represents a significant step forward for a platform that
| has been losing its competitive edge to free, less sophisticated alternatives
| that continue to improve. The full-featured Movable Type 4.0 Beta is a fine
| alternative to Wordpress or Blogger. Developers and bloggers who want to
| create a unique platform will like this GPL-licensed open-source version,
| though the awkward interface still makes it less than ideal for inexperienced
| Web publishers. * * *
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,134807/article.html

Open source microblogging