[News] How GNU/Linux Makes One More Productive - Linux

  1. [News] How GNU/Linux Makes One More Productive

    Linux is Making Me Fat and Lazy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Because of Linux I hardly have to lift a finger anymore, and because of it my
    | health is suffering. I rarely hop up and down in a fit of temper, I don't
    | have to drive to the store to buy software, and I don't get the aerobic
    | benefits of spending hours on the phone with tech support, breathing hard and
    | accelerating my heartbeat. I rarely make site visits anymore. I don't even
    | leave my chair, because I log in and do fixes and admin chores from home. I
    | even have my remaining tiny herd of Windows users (close relatives only who
    | bribe me handsomely) set up with VNC over SSH, Cygwin/SSH, or rdesktop. I
    | alone have the passwords, mwahaha.

    Three Little Things To Make Your Ubuntu Desktop Beautiful and Productive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | How can you make your Ubuntu desktop look beautiful and be productive at the
    | same time? With these three things...

    Make Your Linux Desktop More Productive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are positively addictive productivity apps available for Linux, along
    | with tools to make switching between Linux and other systems easy, or just
    | running Windows programs themselves if you need to. Today we're detailing a
    | Linux desktop that helps you move quickly, work with Windows, and just get
    | things done; read on for a few suggestions on setting it up.

    21 of the Best Free Linux Productivity Tools

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One of the essential ingredients to running a successful business is
    | maintaining an advantage over your competition. Many different types of
    | computer software can significantly enhance performance at the workplace, or
    | in the home. A polished office suite, a reliable backup system, an intuitive
    | desktop environment, even a welcome break from reality with an immersive game
    | all have their part to play in helping users achieve their maximum potential.

    Be a Productive Linux User

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Use Terminator: Terminator is a nice way to free your valuable screen space
    | from multiple terminal windows. Instead of using one terminal window for each
    | task, divide an existing window horizontally or vertically each time you need
    | a new terminal window. So if you find yourself using 8 terminal windows, you
    | can use Terminator and pack your terminals into 2 windows.

    Be super-productive with Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It might sound a bit weird but the kind of Operating System you’re probably
    | using may affect your productivity at work! Though, a user is a more
    | responsible entity when it comes to productivity, but somewhere
    | down-the-line, we can hold your operating system responsible for the same.
    | [...]
    | Reasons why Linux may be productive
    | * * * The power of command line..
    | * * * Customization...
    | * * [...]

    Why Open Source contributes to productivity

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Open source software has become quite popular lately and I think it’s awesome
    | that free software like Amarok, Open Office, GIMP and so on, are becoming so
    | good that they not only rival their paid counterparts, but surpass them in
    | many ways. *

    Kubuntu days...productive days

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, what is the point? It is that, for non technical users, as I am, Kubuntu
    | have reached a point where I'm able to do with linux everything I used to be
    | able to do in windows, install it, make partitions, configure a network,
    | install apps, share printers and directories, configure wifi devices, create
    | users, etc. very easily. In fact, I can do more things now that I could in
    | windows. * *
    | We can improve a lot though, but it has been a confirmation of what I already
    | knew (we all know). With linux I'm more productive, even in tedious actions
    | like the ones I've done these days. *

    Matthias Ettrich: The KDE-Man!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nobody in their right mind would choose Windows over GNU/Linux based on the
    | desktop experience alone, says Matthias Ettrich.

    Switching from KDE to WinXP #2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Conclusion
    | I have looked at several features that KDE?s Konqueror has but that
    | WinXP's Explorer doesn't have. I have also mentioned a few of the
    | things I don't like about Explorer and often why I think Konqueror's way of
    | doing it is better. You may have noticed that there is nothing positive
    | about Explorer. That is true and it is not for lack of trying. The fact is,
    | for me, the way I work, there is just nothing special about Explorer. I
    | didn't find any feature that struck me as being especially cool or useful
    | that Konqueror didn?t also have.
    | Switching from KDE to WindowsXP at work has seriously impaired my
    | productivity.

    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  2. Re: [News] How GNU/Linux Makes One More Productive

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:37:52 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Linux is Making Me Fat and Lazy

    Evidently it's also making you stupid.
    This is like the 10th time you posted this stuff.

    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

+ Reply to Thread