Acquia out of beta

,----[ Quote ]
| After months of hard work, Acquia is now open for business! Starting today,
| everyone can connect their Drupal 6 site to the Acquia Network to take
| advantage of our services.
`----

http://drupal.org/node/315151

Interview: John VanDyk, Author of Pro Drupal Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Drupal is a healthy and growing open source project. So I wish for more of
| the same! That is, more people coming together to tackle difficult issues
| like improving the user interface, performance, documentation and integration
| with other systems. Some specific things I'd like to see are memcache
| support, an expanded workflow engine, better image handling, and more Drupal
| distributions (using installation profiles) for vertical markets. These
| features are available now via third-party modules, but having them as part
| of core adds polish and makes Drupal even more attractive.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173533-blog/inter...al-development

Recent:

Drupal developer Barry Jaspan discusses Acquia (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Linuxworld 2008 conference, Drupal developer Barry Jaspan discusses
| Drupal, development, and the recent formation of Acquia, a software and
| services company for Drupal. This interview explores the functioning of
| Drupal and how its development will be complemented by Acquia.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/147489

Dries Buytaert, 29

,----[ Quote ]
| Created as an open-source project by Dries Buytaert, Drupal is a free content
| management framework--a tool for building customized websites quickly and
| easily, without sacrificing features or stability. Site owners can choose
| from a list of possible features: they might, say, want to publish Â*articles,
| offer each user a profile and a blog, or allow users to vote or comment on
| content. All these features are optional, and most are independent of the
| others.
`----

http://www.technologyreview.com/TR35....aspx?TRID=688

Acquia Expands Technical Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia, a new software company offering commercial support for the Drupal
| social publishing system, today announced the addition of five new
| individuals to its technical team. With these new additions, Acquia, which
| was launched at Drupalcon in March, marks a 50-percent growth in company
| personnel.
`----

Acquia to Ship Commercially Supported Drupal Build

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/a...ild-002587.php