Interview with Daniel Oliveira from the UTUTO project in Argentina

,----[ Quote ]
| Their distribution, UTUTO XS, is used in many countries in Latin American and
| also in Spain, it can be found at public computer labs, inside government
| officies or at the universities. North by South interviewed Daniel Oliveira
| who is part of the community that keeps UTUTO project going in Argentina and
| you can read it in English or the original in Spanish.
`----

http://news.northxsouth.com/2008/08/...-in-argentina/

Recent:

Argentina Mulls Open-Source Move

,----[ Quote ]
| Argentina may become the first country in the world to require all government
| offices to use open-source software, pending the outcome of a bill recently
| introduced in the nation's congress. *
`----

http://argentinadiscovery.nireblog.c...en-source-move

Open Source conference in Argentina draws a crowd

,----[ Quote ]
| Sponsored by international heavyweights as Red Hat and Intel alongside local
| outsourcing firms Globant and Tecso, the sixth yearly edition of the Linux
| and Open Source conference -once again perfectly organised by the Buenos
| Aires Linux Users Group, CaFeLUG was held at Argentina's capital. *
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-conference

Related:

Penguin migration in Patagonia streamed for all to see

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, what looks like a small ISP contracted by the government to do
| the streaming, choose to use Windows Media for this chore, that means that
| things are not as easy as they could be for Linux and non-Microsoft users.
| Fortunately MPlayer 1.0 along with the MPlayer plug-in for Mozilla seem to
| handle MMS just fine. But depending on your Linux distro you might need to
| install those. * *
`----

Quick Look at Urli OS 6.10 [from Argentinia]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/10978