KpackageKit: future of package managers on your desktop [interview with
developers]

,----[ Quote ]
| PackageKit is a system designed to make installing and updating software on
| your computer easier. The primary design goal is to unify all the software
| graphical tools used in different distributions. KPackageKit is the KDE
| interface for PackageKit. Today we talk with Packagekit-Qt and KpackageKit
| developers about new emerging possibilities in process of managing software
| on your desktop.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kpackagekit-interview/

Slides and a cast

,----[ Quote ]
| Working on a set of presentations for a corporate project, Sebastian and I
| put together some content covering KDE and Plasma topics over the weekend. We
| thought it would be cool to share some of the results with you. Note that the
| slides are not designed for use at a conference (too much text and rather
| brief) but rather as an aide to introducing technical management type people
| to some of the key concepts.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/09/slides-and-cast.html

KDE and internal storage

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking at KDE4 and related technologies, a few things about data storage hit
| me. Not that I know anything about it, but that does usually not prevent me
| from trying to be clever about it.
|
| Several parts needs to either index, cache or store data.
`----

http://pusling.com/blog/?p=85

digiKam has a new tool to convert RAW camera files to DNG...

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes! a DNG converter for Linux...
|
| For a long time, many people asked me to implement a RAW camera image
| converter to Digital NeGative (DNG). Why should one support DNG under Linux?
| To improve interoperability with other photo-management programs such as
| Adobe tools, and to improve Digital Asset Management (DAM), as Gerhard Kulzer
| discusses in this nice tutorial and in particular in Part 2.
`----

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/373

Related:

KDE 4 rev 802150: Work in progress

,----[ Quote ]
| KWin with Wobbly Windows
|
| Kwin features a new visual effect known to most of you from Compiz: the
| Wobbly Windows. Only a few days ago the settings panel for this effect had
| tons of detailed options. Most of these options have been disabled now, the
| only thing that can be configured is the window deformation level while in
| motion. This seems more appropriate for a common user since the number of
| configurable settings was overwhelming before. One minor flaw that I noticed
| in KWin Wobble Windows is that the window shadow is not properly deformed (it
| does not adjust to the current shape of the window).
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev...k-in-progress/

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev...d-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)