Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS - Linux ; On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:03:03 -0400, DFS wrote: > "Ubuntu crashes every time I access my home folder. I have been pretty > stable til recently, now this! > > I can't find any error messages or anything in ...

  1. Re: Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:03:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Ubuntu crashes every time I access my home folder. I have been pretty
    > stable til recently, now this!
    >
    > I can't find any error messages or anything in the log. It also craches at
    > other moments. If I disable Compiz it stops crashing..."
    >
    > #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >

    > When I got to Home folder drive spins up and CPU usage goes to 70% on both
    > CPU's
    > #7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >

    > Only Linux can be this bad.

    Well, except for that piece of **** Vista ME, anyhow. Even when they hide
    its name people won't buy it.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS

    #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972

    #7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972

    Only Linux can be this bad.

  3. Re: Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS

    RonB schreef:

    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:03:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Ubuntu crashes every time I access my home folder. have been pretty
    >> stable til recently, now this!
    >>
    >> I can't find any error messages or anything in the log. It also craches at
    >> other moments. If I disable Compiz it stops crashing..."
    >>
    >> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >>

    >> When I got to Home folder drive spins up and CPU usage goes to 70% on both
    >> CPU's
    >> #7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >>

    >> Only Linux can be this bad.

    > Well, except for that piece of **** Vista ME, anyhow. Even when they hide
    > its name people won't buy it.

    And what da ya thunk of Windows Home Server:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server

    It costs USD 150 to 200 and screws your data.

    Now /that's/ "Slopware"

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  4. Re: Linux: the severely mentally-challenged OS

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 08:28:31 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > RonB schreef:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:03:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ubuntu crashes every time I access my home folder. have been pretty
    >>> stable til recently, now this!
    >>>
    >>> I can't find any error messages or anything in the log. It also craches at
    >>> other moments. If I disable Compiz it stops crashing..."
    >>>
    >>> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >>>

    >>> When I got to Home folder drive spins up and CPU usage goes to 70% on both
    >>> CPU's
    >>> #7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=860972
    >>>

    >>> Only Linux can be this bad.

    >> Well, except for that piece of **** Vista ME, anyhow. Even when they hide
    >> its name people won't buy it.

    > And what da ya thunk of Windows Home Server:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server
    >
    > It costs USD 150 to 200 and screws your data.
    >
    > Now /that's/ "Slopware"

    Windows Home Server is junk.
    Microsoft tried to market a watered down product so that families could
    backup, centrally store media etc.
    It was a flop. not only technically but from a marketing POV.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread