Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan - Linux ; "Threw my /home/user/.wine directory to trash. Opened up trashcan and pressed empty trash. Swapped over to my /home/user and watched in horror as files and folders dissapeared . Managed to cancel before all was wiped clean." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=684769 "Last night I ...

  1. Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    "Threw my /home/user/.wine directory to trash.
    Opened up trashcan and pressed empty trash.
    Swapped over to my /home/user and watched in horror as files and folders
    dissapeared . Managed to cancel before all was wiped clean."

    "Last night I went to clear my trash bin. i did so useing Cirodock, it asked
    if i wanted to clear the trashbin, and then ubuntu froze. I thought maybe
    there was a large file in there so i gave it time. after a wile i hard
    booted it. went back into ubuntu to see that all of my settings were gone.
    some how my trashbin felt like deleting everything in my home directory, and
    almost all of my windows install on another partition."

    Go Linux! Can it get any worse?

  2. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 00:40:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Threw my /home/user/.wine directory to trash.
    > Opened up trashcan and pressed empty trash.
    > Swapped over to my /home/user and watched in horror as files and folders
    > dissapeared . Managed to cancel before all was wiped clean."

    > "Last night I went to clear my trash bin. i did so useing Cirodock, it asked
    > if i wanted to clear the trashbin, and then ubuntu froze. I thought maybe
    > there was a large file in there so i gave it time. after a wile i hard
    > booted it. went back into ubuntu to see that all of my settings were gone.
    > some how my trashbin felt like deleting everything in my home directory, and
    > almost all of my windows install on another partition."

    Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    your Linux.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    RonB wrote:

    > Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    > your Linux.

    StupiD00fuS doesn't run Linux, he just chirps about it constantly.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    Owner/Proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.

  4. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    On Oct 2, 5:40*pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > "Threw my /home/user/.wine directory to trash.

    This guy has taste. Good move.

  5. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 02:46:32 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    >> your Linux.
    >>

    > StupiD00fuS doesn't run Linux, he just chirps about it constantly.

    A lot of which has either been fixed, or was a hardware fault.
    AFAIC the DooFu$ troll is irrelevant, just like his M$ Gatesware.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  6. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    On Oct 2, 7:46*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > RonB wrote:
    > > Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    > > your Linux.

    > StupiD00fuS doesn't run Linux, he just chirps about it constantly.
    > --

    He's even dredging for bugs in alpha release software now.

  7. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    On Oct 2, 11:17*pm, William Poaster wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 02:46:32 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > > RonB wrote:

    > >> Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    > >> your Linux.

    > > StupiD00fuS doesn't run Linux, he just chirps about it constantly.

    > A lot of which has either been fixed, or was a hardware fault.

    This particular bug was noted in launchpad as fixed in Feb 2008 when
    Hardy was still an alpha realease.

  8. Re: Linux slop wipes out home folder when you empty the trashcan

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Get rid of Wine. Some misbehaving Windows piece of **** is screwing with
    >> your Linux.
    >>

    > StupiD00fuS doesn't run Linux, he just chirps about it constantly.

    So is he a Chicken Little or a Microsoft Scarecrow?

    Make up yer mind! <;->

    > Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.

    --
    Why do they call it baby-SITTING when all you do is run after them?

+ Reply to Thread