[News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and Customers a Fortune - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and Customers a Fortune - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 02 October 2008 13:40 : \____ > >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out >> this bit o' wisdom: >> >>> Phishing is a brute-force thing ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and Customers aFortune

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 02 October 2008 13:40 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> Phishing is a brute-force thing (botnets) which requires proxies (zombies)
    >>> so as not to be identified and caught.

    >> I don't think so. A proxy isn't automatically a zombie.

    > True, but if it's a 'trusted' one, there's liability and it's easier to track
    > down the culprit. Think about renting a car to commit bank robbery versus
    > stealing a car.

    Also, the pin data is gathered from phishing sites which are advertised
    by spam sent from windows botnets, these botnets are made up of windows
    zombies.

    It's really not all that complicated, is it?

    >>> "I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
    >>> public good."
    >>> --Adam Smith

    > - --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | Have you hugged your penguin today?
    > http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > 15:20:01 up 14 days, 22:59, 2 users, load average: 12.51, 11.71, 11.56
    > http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and Customers a Fortune

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > In article ,
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >> Capabilities like this make Linux machines highly coveted by online
    >> attackers, and they fetch a premium in the underground marketplace
    >> for compromised machines, Amit said.
    >>

    > Oh well, at least it shows Linux and Windows can work together in large,
    > real-world applications! :-)

    You're a sick man! ;->

    --
    A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his
    interests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2