[News] Visa Turns Linux Phones to Electronic Wallets - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Visa Turns Linux Phones to Electronic Wallets

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:42:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    I thought it was more like "Linux turns phones into bricks"...

    Like OpenMoko for example.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Visa Turns Linux Phones to Electronic Wallets

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:42:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > I thought it was more like "Linux turns phones into bricks"...
    >
    > Like OpenMoko for example.

    Can the OpenMoko make a phone call yet? I thought I heard it "rocks" but
    know I'm wondering if I misheard and someone said it was simply a brick.

    --
    "It's perhaps inevitable that some professionals would paint their status
    as being somehow superior to those of the amateurs, after all, they're

  4. Re: [News] Visa Turns Linux Phones to Electronic Wallets

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 02:04:17 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:42:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> I thought it was more like "Linux turns phones into bricks"...
    >>
    >> Like OpenMoko for example.

    > Can the OpenMoko make a phone call yet? I thought I heard it "rocks" but
    > know I'm wondering if I misheard and someone said it was simply a brick.

    Hahha!

    It's like that old "I Love Lucy" episode where they do a TV show to shill a
    department store (Phipps) and Lucy screws it up on purpose because she
    doesn't realize it's the live show and not a rehearsel.

    The line is supposed to be:

    "A Phipps foam matress just rocks you to sleep"

    She mangles it to be:

    "A Phipps foam mattress is like sleeping on rocks"....

    Sounds like the OpenMoko.

    It *rocks* alright.....like Stonehenge.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb