OrangeHRM Releases Version 2.4 of the Open-Source HR Management System

,----[ Quote ]
| OrangeHRM, a leading provider of open-source HR Management solutions for
| small and medium-sized enterprises worldwide, has announced the launch of
| version 2.4 of their Human Resource Information System (HRIS). The
| introduction of the Recruitment Module, comprising of a comprehensive job
| application and publishing and recruitment component, was the main focus of
| the release. Feedback received from the user community was instrumental to
| the development of the module.
`----

http://www.prurgent.com/2008-09-30/p...lease19786.htm

Future of Firebird

,----[ Quote ]
| Dmitry Yemanov did a session about Firebirds future, he included several
| slides about the almost-beta Firebird 2.5, an Alpha build is currently
| available via Firebirds website.
`----

http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/inde...y080930-204249

Recent:

Creating a Flamerobin/Firebird livecd with Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.1

,----[ Quote ]
| This is an howto create your own ubuntu live cd with firebird/ubuntu and
| custom applications ,in guide ubuntu variation used was Xubuntu (is smaller
| and can be customized easier ) but it works for any hardy release
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1863

Firebird 2.1 in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| Firebird 2.1 will be included by default in the next Ubuntu release named
| Intrepid Ibex that will be released in 30 October.
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1718

Related:

ARM Linux gains embeddable SQL database

,----[ Quote ]
| The Firebird Project has ported its lightweight, open-source database to the
| ARM architecture. The project is looking for help testing a new Firebird 2.1
| RC2 release, which in addition to ARM support, adds database triggers,
| temporary and monitoring tables, common table expressions, and recursive
| queries. * *
`----

Firebird v.2.0.3 is Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Firebird Project team is pleased to announce the release of Firebird
| v.2.0.3. Kits for Windows and Linux (x86 and x64) are in the Sourceforge
| repository and should start to appear throughout the day. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1303

Database performance

,----[ Quote ]
| The backend unit tests provided a base on which we built more
| extensive database performance tests, covering many aspects of
| database performance using JDBC on Linux.
`----

http://devloop.org.uk/documentation/...e-performance/

Firebird 2.0 flies

,----[ Quote ]