Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators? - Linux ; steve_schefter@hotmail.com wrote: > On Oct 2, 1:34 pm, Jean-David Beyer wrote: >> I do not understand the distinction you are making between a "called" child >> process and a "forked" process, since they all get started by one of the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 73 of 73

  1. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    steve_schefter@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Oct 2, 1:34 pm, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
    >> I do not understand the distinction you are making between a "called" child
    >> process and a "forked" process, since they all get started by one of the
    >> fork(2) functions.

    > I gather what he describes as called is "exec"ed, where a new process
    > replaced the currently running one (after a fork in the case of
    > xinetd).
    >
    > Steve

    Probably thats how the code looks at source, yes.

  2. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, in alt.usenet.kooks, "Kadaitcha
    Man" bloviated:

    >The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    >ye asseverated:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:04:39 +0200, Peter Köhlmann k'lamed:
    >>> The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Brock McNuggets) snotted:

    >>> Idiot

    >> My _Goddess_, that's original. Have you considered gay lames?

    >Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    You must be a snit sockpuppet too, Andy.

  3. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:52:10 -0700, hwأf wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, Kadaitcha Man aided th' terraists with
    > the following claims :
    >
    >> The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    >> ye asseverated:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:04:39 +0200, Peter Köhlmann k'lamed:

    >>> My _Goddess_, that's original. Have you considered gay lames?

    >> Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    > Interesting Factoid: the dsl modem router thingy (westell 327) uses linux
    > as firmware. So its obviously a cost effective solution.
    >
    > FYI
    > HTH

    Does it cost significantly less than the competition?
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    "Aratzio" stated in post
    3sfce49kke1daakan1hhse9uhscfvmbjr2@4ax.com on 10/3/08 8:51 AM:

    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, in alt.usenet.kooks, "Kadaitcha
    > Man" bloviated:
    >
    >> The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    >> ye asseverated:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:04:39 +0200, Peter Köhlmann k'lamed:

    >>> My _Goddess_, that's original. Have you considered gay lames?

    >> Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    > You must be a snit sockpuppet too, Andy.

    My only sock puppet is Steve Carroll!

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

  5. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, Kadaitcha Man aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    > ye asseverated:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:04:39 +0200, Peter Köhlmann k'lamed:
    >>> The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Brock McNuggets) snotted:

    >>> Idiot

    >> My _Goddess_, that's original. Have you considered gay lames?

    > Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    Interesting Factoid: the dsl modem router thingy (westell 327) uses linux
    as firmware. So its obviously a cost effective solution.

    FYI
    HTH

    http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/10/02

  6. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "Peter Khlmann" stated in post
    > 48e51957$0$6567$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net on 10/2/08 11:56 AM:

    > >> Good analysis!
    > >> Kelsey tends to do the same thing BTW.
    > >>

    > > It is really adorable how you guys "me too" constantly

    > Sort of like your "me too-ing"

    Said Snit, the biggest, hypocritical "me too-ing" jackass to ever post to usenet.

    "I am not fond of "me too" posts..." - Snit.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  7. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    Aratzio, ye bloodshot flatterer, I saw thee, man, today, if man ye be,
    ye dilated:

    Yes, I am, and I need to take a ****.

    --
    alt.usenet.kooks
    Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

    Hammer of Thor: February 2007.
    Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
    September 2005, April 2006, January 2007, August 2008.
    Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle, Official owner
    and trainer of Bucky Breeder, August 2008.

    Member of:
    Usenet Ruiner List
    Top Assholes on the Net List
    Most hated usenetizens of all time List
    Cog in the AUK Hate Machine List

    Find me on Google Maps: 2439'47.13"S, 1344'20.18"E

    Join me for dinner. I'm cooking moldy chef's pubic hairs and wombat
    innards compote and menacing carcinoma with pickled sparrow bowel with
    cabbage dressing accompanied with rotting marsupial gizzard and cat
    gizzard preserve, cooked in a steaming bowl brimming with mangy cooked
    peanut and rhubarb with sundry bits of salsa in salt water, a side of
    cat rectum carcinoma and a stein of skunk piss.

  8. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "PeterKöhlmann" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> "technomaNge" wrote in message
    >>> news:HUeFk.41356$XT1.28853@bignews5.bellsouth.net. ..

    >>> What do I care what you believe?
    >>> It can be done as others already know.

    >> It might be. But you certainly don't know /how/
    >> Otherwise you would not evade the question

    > It doesn't matter if I know how, the answer is correct.

    Naturally. Because *you* say so. Spot the flaw

    Translation: You don't know ****

    >>> If you want to know you can ask one of those "really stupid" MCSE types
    >>> educate you.

    >> Why would he want to know how to run minesweeper? Those MCSE types are
    >> not much better than school dropouts. 99% of them are simply oxygen
    >> thiefs

    > Well it doesn't take much to do it.

    Well, as it does not take much to be a MCSE, it is also utterly useless to
    be one.

    > More than you are capable off by the looks of it though.
    >

    > There are several ways to do it too.
    > Why don't you try it and see if you can learn something?

    Why would I /learn/ something which is utterly useless?
    --
    Howe's Law: Everyone has a scheme that will not work.

  9. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:52:10 -0700, hwأf wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, Kadaitcha Man aided th'

    > terraists with
    >> the following claims :
    >>
    >>> The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the

    > book,
    >>> ye asseverated:

    > snotted:

    > than

    > viewers

    > from being

    > about me

    > original

    > moronic

    >>> Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    >> Interesting Factoid: the dsl modem router thingy (westell 327) uses

    > linux
    >> as firmware. So its obviously a cost effective solution.
    >>
    >> FYI
    >> HTH

    > Does it cost significantly less than the competition?

    That is, as they say, a *very* good question Mr. G...
    I do wonder if theres a microsoft version out there.
    Thanks for your always insightful input

    --
    Last night while sitting in my chair
    I pinged a host that wasn't there

  10. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:02:18 -0600, hwf wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:52:10 -0700, hwأf wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, Kadaitcha Man aided th'

    >> terraists with
    >>> the following claims :

    >> book,

    >> snotted:

    >> than

    >> viewers

    >> from being

    >> about me

    >> original

    >> moronic

    >>> Interesting Factoid: the dsl modem router thingy (westell 327) uses

    >> linux
    >>> as firmware. So its obviously a cost effective solution.
    >>>
    >>> FYI
    >>> HTH

    >> Does it cost significantly less than the competition?

    > That is, as they say, a *very* good question Mr. G...
    > I do wonder if theres a microsoft version out there.
    > Thanks for your always insightful input

    Hahha!

    The only reason I ask is because I see these "Linux solutions" all over the
    place, and many I think are a great idea, however I see little difference
    if any, in pricing.

    So from the consumer POV, what is gained?
    Most consumers are not fighting some freedom war, they just want their unit
    to work.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  11. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:22:21 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. aided th' terraists
    with the following claims :

    > On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:02:18 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> terraists with

    >>> book,

    >>> snotted:

    >>> than
    >>> viewers
    >>> from being

    >>> about me

    >>> original
    >>> moronic

    >>> linux

    >>> Does it cost significantly less than the competition?

    >> That is, as they say, a *very* good question Mr. G...
    >> I do wonder if theres a microsoft version out there.
    >> Thanks for your always insightful input

    > Hahha!
    >
    > The only reason I ask is because I see these "Linux solutions" all over the
    > place, and many I think are a great idea, however I see little difference
    > if any, in pricing.

    I didnt pay anything for this puppy linux I'm using.
    I borrowed the cd to burn it on, the macintosh to download it on, and the
    broadband to use from a friend.
    Why? Because I'm a cheap-ass bastard, fyi.

    > So from the consumer POV, what is gained?
    >Most consumers are not
    > fighting some freedom war, they just want their unit to work.

    Yeah, I like my unit a lot better when it "works".
    I hear ya!

  12. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 08:50:56 -1200, in the land of alt.usenet.kooks,
    "Kadaitcha Man" got double secret probation
    for writing:

    >Aratzio, ye bloodshot flatterer, I saw thee, man, today, if man ye be,
    >ye dilated:
    >
    >> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, in alt.usenet.kooks, "Kadaitcha
    >> Man" bloviated:
    >>
    >>>The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    >>>ye asseverated:

    >>>Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    >> You must be a snit sockpuppet too, Andy.

    >Yes, I am, and I need to take a ****.

    I am in the "leave a ****" party, Andy.

  13. Re: Higher cost of Linux system administrators?

    "Snit" schreef in bericht
    news:C50B9468.D95AA%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com.. .
    > "Aratzio" stated in post
    > 3sfce49kke1daakan1hhse9uhscfvmbjr2@4ax.com on 10/3/08 8:51 AM:
    >
    >> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:08:15 -1200, in alt.usenet.kooks, "Kadaitcha
    >> Man" bloviated:
    >>
    >>> The Secretary of HomIntern, ye musty hog sucker, you kiss by the book,
    >>> ye asseverated:

    >>> Wait until he starts gibbering endlerssly about faeces.

    >> You must be a snit sockpuppet too, Andy.

    > My only sock puppet is Steve Carroll!

    Ahhhh!, well... whining diaperboi Steve!
    http://www.net-games.biz/funny-pictu...ctures/969.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4