Norway To Apple: iTunes For Everyone

,----[ Quote ]
| After a two-year losing battle, Norway's consumer ombudsman is bringing his
| case against Apple to the Norwegian Market Council, hoping it will somehow
| force the company to open up its DRM technology and allow devices other than
| iPods to play music from iTunes.
|
| In a letter to the council, Consumer Ombudsman Bjorn Erik Thon said that he
| found it "unfair" that most of the music bought on iTunes Store can only be
| played on Apple's iPod.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/210604575

Apple threatens iTunes Store closure

,----[ Quote ]
| Amid moves to increase royalty rates paid to music publishers, Apple has
| threatened to close the iTunes Store rather than increase prices or accept
| smaller margins.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20929/1151/

Apple should start fighting DRM already.

Recent:

7digital goes completely DRM free

,----[ Quote ]
| ONLINE MUSIC RETAILER 7digital.com has gone completely DRM free following a
| deal with Sony BMG which allows the sale of its catalogue in blissfully open
| MP3 format.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...completely-drm

Rhapsody Opens Fire Against ITunes With DRM-free MP3s

,----[ Quote ]
| Music will come from most of the major record labels, which have increasingly
| moved to offer tracks without DRM in order to boost the attractiveness of
| buying music online.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...free_mp3s.html
http://tinyurl.com/56r4rn

Torvalds pleased that DRM music is dying

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/softwar...0.htm?feed=rss

Adobe, You Piece Of ****!

,----[ Quote ]
| How was I able to read the book with Adobe Digital Reader version 1.0, but
| not with 1.5? I could not "authorize" my computer to read the book I paid
| for, so Adobe simply stole from me!
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=d...piece-of-****-

DRM Helps Spore Make History as The Most Pirated Game Ever

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives..._game_ever.php

`----