GNOME 2.24 Gains Empathy IM

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on the D-Bus-based Telepathy communications network, as well as Nokia's
| Mission Control connection management utility for Telepathy, the Empathy
| client comprises a collection of reusable IM widgets
`----

What You Should Expect from GNOME 2.26

,----[ Quote ]
| As you (probably) already know, the most awaited desktop environment of the
| year, GNOME 2.24 was released two days ago and... it brings a lot of
| interesting features and new functionality. Just to name a few of them, GNOME
| 2.24 includes the highly expected Nautilus with tabs, Empathy Instant
| Messenger, a new time tracker applet, Ekiga 3.0, clever Deskbar, Totem with
| improved support for digital TV, new screen resolution controls, and new
| sound theme support.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/What-...26-94323.shtml

A dozen cool plasmoids for your KDE desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Lancelot
|
| As a plasmoid Lancelot must take the cake for the biggest so far. According
| to its sole developer Ivan Cukic, Lancelot is an application launcher menu
| for KDE 4 designed to provide a place from which all jobs begin. It provides
| quick access to applications, places, documents, contacts and system
| information. Lancelot features a no-click interface, integrated search and
| drag-and-drop to the desktop.
|
| Color Picker
|
| This plasmoid needs no introduction, if you’re doing HTML or graphics, use it
| to get the colour value of any colour on your desktop.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/...ur_kde_desktop

Recent:

20 beautiful dark themes for Gnome and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Some weeks ago, I shown you a list of 30 themes for enhancing your Gnome
| desktop. Many readers loved the dark themes from this list, so here’s a new
| list of 20 dark and absolutely beautiful themes for your Gnome desktop.
`----

http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/feat...and-ubuntu-418

Pimp your Ubuntu desktop in 7 easy steps!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is just the tip of the iceberg; there are countless ways to mod Ubuntu -
| from Grub *bootloader themes to GDM, you'll find loads of great stuff over at
| these sites:
| -Gnome Look - Eyecandy for your Gnome Desktop
| -Gnome Art - Another great site
| -or if you're looking for that complete Mac OS X look, check out this
| tutorial.
`----

http://blogs.howtogeek.com/tuxgeek/2...me-in-7-steps/

10 Beautiful Themes for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The upcoming release of Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) is highly anticipated not
| only for the system enhancements it will likely get, but also for its new
| default theme. The visual refresh is a long time coming, so I expect the
| Ubuntu artwork team is cooking something good for all of us.
|
| The October release date of Ubuntu 8.10 is fast approaching, yet until now,
| we don’t know exactly what the finished product will look like. I don’t want
| to make any guesses, instead, I decided to collect 10 beautiful existing GTK
| 2.x themes that I think can be further improved or altered and be used as the
| default desktop theme for Intrepid Ibex. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/10-be...-intrepid.html

4 Linux Distros Which Look Like Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/08/...like-mac-os-x/