Viva España Libre!

,----[ Quote ]
| Most people know that the Estremadura region in Spain is a pacesetter in
| terms of deploying free software, but here's a handy map that shows how it
| and everyone else is doing in that country.

OSOR launch, Open Source World Conference in Malaga, Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| The OSOR website will be launched in Malaga, at the Open Source World
| Conference. Xavier Heymans has been invited to present the PloneGov
| innitiative. PloneGov is a collaborative software ecosystem, where government
| organizations, non-profits and the private sector work together to share the
| cost of enhanced capabilities.

ES: Open Source looks to eGovernment

,----[ Quote ]
| The new action plan gives top priority to ensuring that Open Source users
| have equal access to eGovernment. Part of that drive will be a series of
| studies and reports on electronic filing, process improvement, transparency
| and electronic billing. These will be linked to Spain’s Law on Citizens’
| Electronic Access to Public Services.
| [...]
| Currently, CENATIC is working on Open Source applications for XBRL, a
| language for document exchange between administrations. Its interim
| conclusion is that there are viable Open Source solutions for financial
| document exchange between public administrations, small and medium-sized
| enterprises and the tax and regulatory authorities.

Open source tour of Europe: Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| The most famous Spanish Linux open source adoption project has to be
| Extremadura, which set out in 2002 to rejuvenate its services and boost IT
| literacy by making free software available to everyone and building a
| regional intranet.

Biggest ever Spanish open source agreement signed

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco Software and Intecna Soluciones have signed a strategic open source
| software agreement with the government of Andalucia.
| The project will be the biggest of its kind in Spanish history.

Richard Stallman in Madrid: Free as in Freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking a correct Spanish (although with a bit strange accent), and with a
| good dosis of humour, Richard spoke about “The users and Freedom” at Rafael
| del Pino foundation. *

Akademy-es 2007 in Zaragoza Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| This past weekend, November 16th through the 18th, Zaragoza Spain was the
| home of Akademy-es 2007. The conference began early Saturday morning and
| finished Monday with a Hackathon. *

Spain: Another Defeat for OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| [PJ: The following report says that the results are in from Spain, and the
| technical committee voted 4 to 3 against OOXML. That means that in September,
| Spain will vote Abstain, because the rules require a 2/3 majority. More info
| at NoOOXML.org and OpenXML.info. ] *

Microsoft is Outmuscling OOXML Opposition in Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| The Andalusian Government has reported recently the manipulation of Microsoft
| in the National Technical Committee 71 of AENOR. On July 10th, just the day
| before the one and only meeting of AENOR to study DIS 29500 and vote on it,
| Microsoft announced officially (via the secretary of the Committee) that that
| Andalusian Government and several other Spanish public entities were asking
| for the approval of ISO DIS 29500 (what finally resulted all a fake!).

Now It's Spain and OOXML - More Standards Highjinks?

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems there may have been more games played by Microsoft in the OOXML
| saga, or at the very least some confusion spread, and this time our story
| comes from Spain, where the government of Andalusia has now sent an official
| letter of protest [PDF, Spanish] to the president of the technical committee
| deciding whether or not to accept OOXML as an ISO standard, denouncing what
| it called an attempt by Microsoft to manipulate the process by selectively
| quoting from a letter from the Andalusian government back in January as if it
| were an endorsement of OOXML as an ISO standard today. That January letter,
| Andalusia says, was not intended to indicate that it felt there should be an
| acceptance of OOXML by the technical committee. * * * *

Red Hat Gains Momentum in the Spanish Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider of open source solutions,
| today announced that the company has experienced strong growth in
| Spain in recent months, with a substantial increase in the number
| of customers that rely on its open source technology.
| [...]
| Arsys, a leading Internet service provider in Spain with regional
| presence in France and Portugal, announced its migration to Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux as its main platform to develop and offer
| secure Internet services to its 120,000 customers across Europe
| in September this year.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkjjYv0ACgkQU4xAY3RXLo4FtgCdHwqWnw9m5a EEYl/pD9tQ7Sam