Re: 1 x Pentium Dual Core E2140 / 1.6 GHz or a P4 3.0 Which is faster? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: 1 x Pentium Dual Core E2140 / 1.6 GHz or a P4 3.0 Which is faster? - Linux ; Brian Cryer, ye abhorrent gull, ye hath eaten me out of house and home, and hath put all my substance into that fat belly of thine, ye frothed: > "Lookout" wrote in message > news:l325e4tu74054h5rl31sn7o85fhudpvkbq@4ax.com... >> On Tue, 30 Sep ...

  1. Re: 1 x Pentium Dual Core E2140 / 1.6 GHz or a P4 3.0 Which is faster?

    Brian Cryer, ye abhorrent gull, ye hath eaten me out of house and home,
    and hath put all my substance into that fat belly of thine, ye frothed:

    > "Lookout" wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:36:30 +0100, "Brian Cryer"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Pavlov" wrote in message

    >>>If the P4 3.0 is single core then I'd recommend that you don't consider
    >>>it.

    >> The P4 3.0 is what I have currently. I'm considering
    >> http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...PROD%3a1276015
    >> for $430.00 and I trying to figure out which one I want and which one
    >> we'll give to my daughter.

    > Looking at the website this morning

    I wonder where you got that idea...

    Motherboard, dumb****. Motherboard.

    > I'd go with the dual core. I don't know benchmark wise how the two will
    > compare,

    Translation: Cryer is a ****head and he'll take whatever option sounds best
    to himself, irrespective of the facts.

    > and its possible that for a single threaded cpu intensive task that the
    > single core might out perform the dual core, but dual core means that any
    > one single cpu intensive task doesn't slow down everything else.

    PSSST! Hey, ****tard. Yes, you. Did you bother to ask if the P4 was
    hyperthreading? Hmmm? What then about your "single cpu intensive" bull****?
    Hmmm?

    Oh, **** me dead. You were allowed to breed? Tell me it's not true.

    --
    alt.usenet.kooks
    Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

    Hammer of Thor: February 2007.
    Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
    September 2005, April 2006, January 2007, August 2008.
    Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle, Official owner
    and trainer of Bucky Breeder, August 2008.

    Member of:
    Usenet Ruiner List
    Top Assholes on the Net List
    Most hated usenetizens of all time List
    Cog in the AUK Hate Machine List

    Find me on Google Maps: 2439'47.13"S, 1344'20.18"E

    Join me for dinner. I'm cooking cloying boar rot in tired hedgehog
    bowel, cooked in a circulating bowl overflowing with squirming bits of
    cucumber and bologna in putrid stinking slime, a side of rabbit
    testicles and a stein of quagga vaginal secretions.

  2. Re: 1 x Pentium Dual Core E2140 / 1.6 GHz or a P4 3.0 Which is faster?

    Now I remember why I had you filtered

+ Reply to Thread