    On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 01:11:15 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Hardy ran about 2 hours until attempting to open screen saver which froze
    > system. Hard reboot twice and it's back up."
    >
    > #435 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=44

    The screensavers are screwed up.
    Some of them don't do anything when you select them.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    #435 at

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 01:11:15 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Hardy ran about 2 hours until attempting to open screen saver which froze
    >> system. Hard reboot twice and it's back up."
    >>
    >> #435 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=44

    > The screensavers are screwed up.
    > Some of them don't do anything when you select them.

    Works for me.

    Actually it doesnt. Some work. Some dont. And then you enter the
    X-Screensaver v Gnome screen saver jig. And then you have to try and
    tell mplayer that it has to stop either if it is running.

    Then you ask Debian to help but RMS has announced that MPlayer is the
    devils work because it allows closed source codecs to work with it.

    Go figure.

    --
    "XP is a flop and when users are still asking for W98 it shows that they
    aren't all taken in with the MS hype."

    On 2008-10-01, Hadron wrote:
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 01:11:15 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Hardy ran about 2 hours until attempting to open screen saver which froze
    >>> system. Hard reboot twice and it's back up."
    >>>
    >>> #435 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=44

    >> The screensavers are screwed up.
    >> Some of them don't do anything when you select them.

    > Works for me.
    >
    > Actually it doesnt. Some work. Some dont. And then you enter the
    > X-Screensaver v Gnome screen saver jig. And then you have to try and

    I will just have to take your word for it.

    I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    (10 or 13 years ago)

    [deletia]

    --
    NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club! |||
    / | \

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:40:48 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-10-01, Hadron wrote:

    >>> The screensavers are screwed up.
    >>> Some of them don't do anything when you select them.

    >> Works for me.
    >>
    >> Actually it doesnt. Some work. Some dont. And then you enter the
    >> X-Screensaver v Gnome screen saver jig. And then you have to try and

    > I will just have to take your word for it.
    >
    > I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    > (10 or 13 years ago)
    >
    > [deletia]

    Still living in the past.........

    --

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:40:48 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-10-01, Hadron wrote:

    t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=44

    >>> The screensavers are screwed up.
    >>> Some of them don't do anything when you select them.

    >> Works for me.
    >>
    >> Actually it doesnt. Some work. Some dont. And then you enter the
    >> X-Screensaver v Gnome screen saver jig. And then you have to try and

    > I will just have to take your word for it.
    >
    > I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    > (10 or 13 years ago)
    >
    > [deletia]

    I must admit, I like electric sheep - as does, so far, everyone I know
    who has seen it in action.

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    >> (10 or 13 years ago)
    >>
    >> [deletia]

    > Still living in the past.........

    Why? cos he doesn't waste power on a screensaver?
    Screensavers are pointless frliolities. Ooo pretty pictures.
    Just blank the screen.
    Or better yet, DPMS the monitor into standby/sleep mode/whatever.

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:36:12 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > I must admit, I like electric sheep - as does, so far, everyone I know
    > who has seen it in action.

    Sheep you say?

    No surprise there......

    On 2008-10-01, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    >>> (10 or 13 years ago)
    >>>
    >>> [deletia]

    >> Still living in the past.........

    No, I've moved on.

    Watching Cable and Bishop have at each other was cute the first
    few times I saw it but it got old after awhile.

    I use the tool as needed for the original intended purpose. I don't
    make anything more out of the tool that what it ultimately is.

    What happened to all the Lemming whining about "it's just a tool"?

    > Why? cos he doesn't waste power on a screensaver?
    > Screensavers are pointless frliolities. Ooo pretty pictures.
    > Just blank the screen.
    > Or better yet, DPMS the monitor into standby/sleep mode/whatever.

    --
    ....as if the ability to run Cubase ever made or broke a platform.
    / | \

    After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Still living in the past.........

    > No, I've moved on.
    >
    > Watching Cable and Bishop have at each other was cute the first
    > few times I saw it but it got old after awhile.
    >
    > I use the tool as needed for the original intended purpose. I don't
    > make anything more out of the tool that what it ultimately is.

    I got tired of screensavers, too. Just blank the screen. It's not like
    I'm there watching them.

    Though I suppose you could start one up in xnest to keep you company
    while you work.

    --
    Woody: What's going on, Mr. Peterson?
    Norm: A flashing sign in my gut that says, ``Insert beer here.''

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:50:28 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    >>> (10 or 13 years ago)
    >>>
    >>> [deletia]

    >> Still living in the past.........
    >>

    > Why? cos he doesn't waste power on a screensaver?
    > Screensavers are pointless frliolities. Ooo pretty pictures.
    > Just blank the screen.
    > Or better yet, DPMS the monitor into standby/sleep mode/whatever.

    To each his own, however keep in mind that Jeb is the person who thinks
    that virtual desktops and multiple monitors are the same thing,
    functionally.

    --

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:40:48 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=44

    >>> Works for me.
    >>>
    >>> Actually it doesnt. Some work. Some dont. And then you enter the
    >>> X-Screensaver v Gnome screen saver jig. And then you have to try and

    >> I will just have to take your word for it.
    >>
    >> I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    >> (10 or 13 years ago)
    >>
    >> [deletia]

    > I must admit, I like electric sheep - as does, so far, everyone I know
    > who has seen it in action.

    Electric Sheep is simply brilliant.

    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

    Hadron wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    >> t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=44

    >>> I will just have to take your word for it.
    >>>
    >>> I got over my screensaver fixation back when they were the big fad.
    >>> (10 or 13 years ago)
    >>>
    >>> [deletia]

    >> I must admit, I like electric sheep - as does, so far, everyone I know
    >> who has seen it in action.
    >>

    > Electric Sheep is simply brilliant.

    But do androids dream of them?
    --
    Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

+ Reply to Thread