Microsoft Live Search Maps hates Chrome and Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Once again, Microsoft is caught doing services that work better with
| Microsoft's own web browser, and offering a sub-par experience to anyone who
| dares not to run the firm's Integral Part of the Windows Operating System -
| stand in line to buy your boxed copy of Vista please.

Father of the internet: 'web is running out of addresses'

,----[ Quote ]
| The world is about to run out of the internet addresses that allow computers
| to identify each other and communicate, the man who invented the system has
| told The Times.

It's Windows that stands in the way of IPv6 adoption. Always behind.

Computer data breach at Sonoma State University

,----[ Quote ]
| There's no evidence that anyone else saw the list or accessed the data, which
| was expunged as soon as the student brought it to the university's attention.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Receives Department of Defense IPv6 Certification

,----[ Quote ]
| The certification demonstrates Red Hat’s ongoing commitment to meeting the
| growing demands of government agencies and enterprises as they adapt to the
| next-generation Internet.

Varonis Extends DatAdvantage Support to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5

,----[ Quote ]
| ...availability of DatAdvantage version 3.7, which extends support to Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 and provides the foundation for Varonis to quickly
| add support for other Linux distributions such as SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.

NTT America and Internet Systems Consortium Advance IPv6 for Open Source
Community and General Public

,----[ Quote ]
| "The FreeBSD Project greatly appreciates the opportunity to use ISC's
| high-performance IPv6 transit," says Robert Watson, president of the FreeBSD
| Foundation and Hosted@ISC participant. He continued, "As early adopters and
| implementers of IPv6 networking, this gives us the chance to exercise and
| improve IPv6 support in our operating system, as well as serve our current
| IPv6-ready users better."

Vendors worried Vista IPv6 too slippery for managed networks

,----[ Quote ]
| Researchers have raised new questions about the security of Vista's IPv6
| implementation. James Hoagland from Symantec and Suresh Krishnan from
| Ericsson wrote an Internet-Draft that calls attention to the Teredo protocol
| and the fact that many firewalls don't understand this protocol, and
| therefore can't inspect the packets embedded within it. * *

Vista’s IPv6: Not an easy upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| If you think migrating to IPv6 is as simple as upgrading to Microsoft Windows
| Vista, think again.

Vista not playing well with IPv6

,----[ Quote ]
| Early adopters of Microsoft's new Vista operating system are
| reporting problems with its implementation of IPv6, a
| long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's primary protocol.

Black Hat 2007: Vista users urged to beware of IPv6Black Hat 2007: Vista users
urged to beware of IPv6

,----[ Quote ]
| Hoagland noted that the Cupertino, Calif.-based Symantec has already
| discovered one Teredo/IPv6-related flaw in Vista, which Microsoft patched in
| the MS07-038 security update released last month. According to the
| researchers, the Teredo interface in Vista was not properly handling certain
| network traffic, allowing remote attackers to bypass firewall-blocking rules
| and obtain sensitive information via crafted IPv6 traffic. * *

The $200 Billion Lunch: We're switching to IPv6, dontcha know, and it might
be worth it.

,----[ Quote ]
| To a certain extent, it is Sputnik all over again. Some people see this as
| a place where there will be a commercial disadvantage unless the U.S. keeps
| up. It is comparable to NTSC vs. PAL television standards (hint: PAL is
| better but we don't have it).
| [...]
| And what is happening in the USA? Well we have Net Neutrality. We
| have a telco rebuilding a national monopoly. We have Cisco and
| Microsoft working together on Network Admission Control (NAC). I can
| see a time in the near future when they'll try to charge me for every
| PC in my house. While China is building a national resource, our
| government is letting companies turn the public Internet into an
| expensive private toll road.

Embedded Linux vendor adds IPv4/IPv6 stack

,----[ Quote ]
| In March of 2006, Wind River paid $20 million for Interpeak, a
| Swedish networking software vendor offering stacks for routers,
| access equipment, WiFi nodes, and small-footprint networked
| devices. Interpeak was noted for shipping the first TCP/IP
| stacks for Linux hosts and routers that were certified "IPv6-ready."

Entire city of Vista users can't access the internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Lundis Energi blamed Microsoft because Vista has got a bug and it isn't going
| to change the configuration of the server just to cope with the flaw.

FLOSS Weekly 14: Jeremy Allison of Samba

,----[ Quote ]
| 'In the section of the interview from around 33m30s to 39m00 Jeremy
| Allison reports how he was told that the Microsoft team implementing
| SMB2 were ordered to "f**k with Samba".'

Longhorn server and Ubuntu do they still play together?

,----[ Quote ]
| There real question however is can linux boxes still join and
| authenticate against Active Directory domains running at Native
| Longhorn Server levels. Well the answer a non surprising NO!

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)