Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet - Linux

This is a discussion on Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet - Linux ; If you are running adesklets and have the ACPIBattery desklet running on your GNU/Linux laptop, this might be of interest. The standard background of the ACPIBattery desklet is butt ugly turquoise/blue. I have to agree with Hadron on that one ...

  1. Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet

    If you are running adesklets and have the ACPIBattery desklet running on
    your GNU/Linux laptop, this might be of interest.

    The standard background of the ACPIBattery desklet is butt ugly
    turquoise/blue. I have to agree with Hadron on that one and it irritated
    the hell out of me, so I changed it using Inkscape SVG editor in 80%
    gray scale. You can download it here:

    http://ml2mst.googlepages.com/acpibattery-bg.svg

    Depending on your distribution you have to place it in:

    /usr/share/screenlets/ACPIBattery/themes/default (Ubuntu)

    Mandriva (and probably others) place them in ha hidden subdirectory of
    your home dir.

    ~./Screenlets IIRC.

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet

    On 2008-09-30, ml2mst claimed:
    > If you are running adesklets and have the ACPIBattery desklet running on
    > your GNU/Linux laptop, this might be of interest.
    >
    > The standard background of the ACPIBattery desklet is butt ugly
    > turquoise/blue. I have to agree with Hadron on that one and it irritated
    > the hell out of me, so I changed it using Inkscape SVG editor in 80%
    > gray scale. You can download it here:
    >
    > http://ml2mst.googlepages.com/acpibattery-bg.svg
    >
    > Depending on your distribution you have to place it in:
    >
    > /usr/share/screenlets/ACPIBattery/themes/default (Ubuntu)
    >
    > Mandriva (and probably others) place them in ha hidden subdirectory of
    > your home dir.
    >
    > ~./Screenlets IIRC.

    Has this major overhaul been approved by the Quirk Only Authorized
    Linux Version Approval Committee?

    --
    Don't open Windows, you'll let the bugs in!

  3. Re: Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet

    Sinister Midget schreef:

    > On 2008-09-30, ml2mst claimed:
    >> If you are running adesklets and have the ACPIBattery desklet running on
    >> your GNU/Linux laptop, this might be of interest.
    >>
    >> The standard background of the ACPIBattery desklet is butt ugly
    >> turquoise/blue. I have to agree with Hadron on that one and it irritated
    >> the hell out of me, so I changed it using Inkscape SVG editor in 80%
    >> gray scale. You can download it here:
    >>
    >> http://ml2mst.googlepages.com/acpibattery-bg.svg
    >>
    >> Depending on your distribution you have to place it in:
    >>
    >> /usr/share/screenlets/ACPIBattery/themes/default (Ubuntu)
    >>
    >> Mandriva (and probably others) place them in ha hidden subdirectory of
    >> your home dir.
    >>
    >> ~./Screenlets IIRC.

    > Has this major overhaul been approved by the Quirk Only Authorized
    > Linux Version Approval Committee?

    Oh, crap I haven't gone true the authorization procedure. So it's most
    likely illegal. Now I'm screwed :-(

    I remember the monthly circus about Homer's statistic scripts (a couple
    of years ago) too well.

    Well fortunately I have the entire colatrolls list filtered:

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin