Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop. - Linux

This is a discussion on Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop. - Linux ; Richard Rasker posted something about Linux being the best selling laptop. It is selling more Linux Laptops than Windows ones according to Richard. Since, more than once, he has been found to be less than diligent with the accuracy of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Richard Rasker posted something about Linux being the best selling
    laptop. It is selling more Linux Laptops than Windows ones according to
    Richard. Since, more than once, he has been found to be less than
    diligent with the accuracy of his posts and claims I thought I would check.

    So i go to:

    http://www.amazon.com/

    Then I navigate to: "Computers and Accessories"

    http://www.amazon.com/computer-pc-ha...GZ9X1CTQX8J00S

    Then to laptops:

    http://www.amazon.com/Notebooks-Lapt...pf_rd_i=541966

    from Laptops I click on "Best Selling" and go here:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT

    Hmm. Dicky is wrong is seems! Surprise!

    But wait! There is a "netbooks" link on the Computer and Accessories
    page too! That must be it! netbooks run Linux! Acer cant make enough
    Linux ones according to 7 and other lunatics.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_link...pf_rd_i=541966

    Guess what? Yup. Rasker was not telling the truth. In the netbooks
    section, Linux is there 3 out of 9. And its highest position is
    3rd. Still a good achievment IMO, but hardly "outselling" Windows as
    Dicky boy pretends.

    Now, if anyone could point out where I am wrong when I accuse Rasker of
    blatantly lying and posting munged links to things HE wants people to
    see then please do.

    As it is then its another nail in the coffin of his rapidly diminishing
    credibility. Its up there with "I met a girl on the train who told me
    her Vista laptop sucks while I impressed here with my 8 year old Dell
    with 64k of ram running Puppy Linux" and so forth.

    The guy is simply makes things up as he goes along.

    --
    "I've heard "Linux is the future!" for, let me see now, must about 17 years. For how long do I need to listen to that clap trap?"
    -- Ruby Murray in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  2. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker posted something about Linux being the best selling
    > laptop. It is selling more Linux Laptops than Windows ones according to
    > Richard. Since, more than once, he has been found to be less than
    > diligent with the accuracy of his posts and claims I thought I would
    > check.
    >
    > So i go to:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/
    >
    > Then I navigate to: "Computers and Accessories"

    http://www.amazon.com/computer-pc-ha...GZ9X1CTQX8J00S

    > Then to laptops:

    http://www.amazon.com/Notebooks-Lapt...pf_rd_i=541966

    > from Laptops I click on "Best Selling" and go here:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT

    > Hmm. Dicky is wrong is seems! Surprise!

    And I go to
    http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12203655...%3A5-30&page=1
    with the "Sort by" query explicitly set to "Bestselling", and lo and behold,
    I appear to be right! And no doubt, you'll cleverly counter this once again
    by name-calling, insults, and other tried and tested Wintroll debating
    techniques.

    But because the clear discrepancy between different pages presenting
    rankings of the exact same product line is quite odd indeed, I did the
    sensible thing: I simply asked Amazon themselves. And I just got a reply,
    although unfortunately it doesn't answer the question as to which ranking
    is the right one:

    "Thank you for writing to Amazon.com with your concern.

    Thanks for alerting this information to us. The related search results on
    our web site are based on a variety of automated criteria, including the
    typical search queries.

    I’ve forwarded this information to the appropriate department about the
    bestselling feature and rest assured that this problem will be fixed soon.

    Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store
    and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to
    offer us your thoughts.

    I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We designed
    our search engine to perform broad searches in this manner because we
    wanted to make sure you wouldn't miss finding items that you might want.

    We appreciate the time you took to send us your feedback and hope to see
    you again soon at Amazon.com.

    [snip best regards etcetera]"

    So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. And of course I'll post any
    subsequent answers if and when received here, favourable for Linux or not.

    In the meantime, while the actual question remains unresolved, feel free to
    shout "liar!" to your heart's content. No doubt it will hugely increase
    your popularity with all the other Wintrolls out there.

    Best regards,

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  3. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> Hmm. Dicky is wrong is seems! Surprise!

    > And I go to
    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12203655...%3A5-30&page=1
    > with the "Sort by" query explicitly set to "Bestselling", and lo and behold,
    > I appear to be right! And no doubt, you'll cleverly counter this once again
    > by name-calling, insults, and other tried and tested Wintroll debating
    > techniques.
    >

    > So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. And of course I'll post any
    > subsequent answers if and when received here, favourable for Linux or not.
    >
    > In the meantime, while the actual question remains unresolved, feel free to
    > shout "liar!" to your heart's content. No doubt it will hugely increase
    > your popularity with all the other Wintrolls out there.

    Queeg is perverse. Birds of a feather.

    --
    No user-servicable parts inside. Refer to qualified service personnel.

  4. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> Richard Rasker posted something about Linux being the best selling
    >> laptop. It is selling more Linux Laptops than Windows ones according to
    >> Richard. Since, more than once, he has been found to be less than
    >> diligent with the accuracy of his posts and claims I thought I would
    >> check.
    >>
    >> So i go to:
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.com/
    >>
    >> Then I navigate to: "Computers and Accessories"
    >>

    > http://www.amazon.com/computer-pc-ha...GZ9X1CTQX8J00S
    >>
    >> Then to laptops:
    >>

    > http://www.amazon.com/Notebooks-Lapt...pf_rd_i=541966
    >>
    >> from Laptops I click on "Best Selling" and go here:
    >>

    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...9B1HKJG0TFTZYT
    >>
    >> Hmm. Dicky is wrong is seems! Surprise!

    > And I go to
    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12203655...%3A5-30&page=1
    > with the "Sort by" query explicitly set to "Bestselling", and lo and behold,
    > I appear to be right! And no doubt, you'll cleverly counter this once again
    > by name-calling, insults, and other tried and tested Wintroll debating
    > techniques.
    >
    > But because the clear discrepancy between different pages presenting
    > rankings of the exact same product line is quite odd indeed, I did the
    > sensible thing: I simply asked Amazon themselves. And I just got a reply,
    > although unfortunately it doesn't answer the question as to which ranking
    > is the right one:
    >
    > "Thank you for writing to Amazon.com with your concern.
    >
    > Thanks for alerting this information to us. The related search results on
    > our web site are based on a variety of automated criteria, including the
    > typical search queries.
    >
    > I’ve forwarded this information to the appropriate department about the
    > bestselling feature and rest assured that this problem will be fixed soon.
    >
    > Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store
    > and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to
    > offer us your thoughts.
    >
    > I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We designed
    > our search engine to perform broad searches in this manner because we
    > wanted to make sure you wouldn't miss finding items that you might want.
    >
    > We appreciate the time you took to send us your feedback and hope to see
    > you again soon at Amazon.com.
    >
    > [snip best regards etcetera]"
    >
    > So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. And of course I'll post any
    > subsequent answers if and when received here, favourable for Linux or not.
    >
    > In the meantime, while the actual question remains unresolved, feel free to
    > shout "liar!" to your heart's content. No doubt it will hugely increase
    > your popularity with all the other Wintrolls out there.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    Tell you what, you reproduce YOUR method of finding your figures. I will
    see if I can reproduce them as easily as you did mine.

    It was apparent to anyone that went the "normal route" that your figures
    were, at best, misleading.

    Wintrolls? What are you talking about? This has all to do with the truth
    and nothing to do with Windows.

    --
    "This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable."

  5. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tell you what, you reproduce YOUR method of finding your figures. I will
    > see if I can reproduce them as easily as you did mine.

    He told you how he did it, you inbred son of a bitch.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Man, that lightning sounds clos~ NO CARRIER

    Good to the last supper

  6. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Hadron wrote:
    > Wintrolls? What are you talking about? This has all to do with the truth
    > and nothing to do with Windows.

    You wouldn't recognise the truth if it punhced you on the nose, "True
    Linux Advocate".

  7. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    So anyway, it was like, 14:07 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    > It was apparent to anyone that went the "normal route" that your
    > figures were, at best, misleading.

    I'll have to disagree with that statement.

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    14:29:55 up 28 days, 16:32, 1 user, load average: 0.69, 0.66, 0.58

  8. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 14:07 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >
    >> It was apparent to anyone that went the "normal route" that your
    >> figures were, at best, misleading.

    > I'll have to disagree with that statement.

    So, rather than blindly throwing you weight behind Rasker, please do
    show me how he got that list? Seriously - I would be glad for him to be
    proven right for whatever criteria he used. But the "unadulterated"
    click and see approach showed something different. Yes, it could be a
    bug, so lets see how this bug happened for known "advocate" Rasker
    (famous for his tall tails and mis reading of numbers) but not for me
    who was just curious to see for himself if Linux *really was selling
    more laptops than Windows*: I mean, my own experieneces with people is
    that almost no one wants Linux on a new Laptop when they use it for
    work. They dont mind so much on the netbooks where travel requires only
    net access and email give or take and maybe some multimedia.

    So Johan, over to you in the studio - show me where the numbers came
    from. I can not see where from. There is not "right or wrong" here
    assuming he used a legitimate method of finding these lists where Linux
    laptops outsell XP ones. I mean, we all know its highly unlikely to be
    the case, but Rasker has said just that. I hope it IS so!

    --
    "I do believe I have stated that he should be given the benefit of the
    doubt, as is his right. If he did this crime, as it would seem, then he

  9. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    So anyway, it was like, 14:58 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    > So, rather than blindly throwing you weight behind Rasker, [..]

    Well, given the options in this case, who should I believe, hm? On one
    hand, there's this guy with an obviously fake name who I just read
    a quoted posting from, cheering some trolls on in a thread called
    "Gaylinux" or something similar. Nah, I think I'll pick the other guy,
    just on a gut feeling.

    But fair enough, let's see what you have to say. Okay, some of what
    you have to say anyway:

    > So Johan, over to you in the studio - show me where the numbers
    > came from. I can not see where from. There is not "right or wrong"
    > here assuming he used a legitimate method of finding these lists
    > where Linux laptops outsell XP ones. I mean, we all know its highly
    > unlikely to be the case, but Rasker has said just that.

    Not that you're biased or anything.

    > I hope it IS so!

    Oh, but of course you do, mr Anonymous Sceptic! Let me try and see if
    I can figure out how to get to that list for you.

    So, it's http://www.amazon.com/. *tappity-click*

    Menu to the left, "Computers & Office" sounds reasonable. Popup menu,
    let's pick "Computers & Accessories", like you did. Can't be too far
    off.

    "Laptops" from the menu on the left. It's quite a daunting page, that
    much is for certain. I'm just gonna try "Find Your Perfect Laptop",
    since that's in the center of the page. I'm clicking "Find now".

    Gosh, over 2500 items? I want it right away, so let's pick "Can be
    shipped within one business day from Amazon.com" from the left hand
    menu to narrow it down.

    Hey, there's a Linux laptop in second place after an Apple MacBook
    right before an XP one. Oh, and from what I can tell, the list is
    ordered by "Bestselling". Just what you asked for. You're welcome.

    hth, hand.

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    15:09:38 up 28 days, 17:12, 1 user, load average: 0.89, 0.65, 0.57

  10. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Johan Lindquist wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> It was apparent to anyone that went the "normal route" that your
    >> figures were, at best, misleading.

    >I'll have to disagree with that statement.

    It's apparent to anyone that Quack is a POS, who falsely accuses
    honest people of lying.

    --
    "You think installing Edubuntu on cracked old machines for cheapskates
    is good advocacy?" - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

  11. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 14:58 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >
    >> So, rather than blindly throwing you weight behind Rasker, [..]

    > Well, given the options in this case, who should I believe, hm? On one

    Err, try reading the post instead of being a led by the nose yes man?

    That would be a start.

    > hand, there's this guy with an obviously fake name who I just read
    > a quoted posting from, cheering some trolls on in a thread called
    > "Gaylinux" or something similar. Nah, I think I'll pick the other guy,
    > just on a gut feeling.

    More fool you. You're clearly easily conned then. "Richard Rasker" could
    be as fake as any other name. My initials are HQ however. My background
    in physics led to my nickname for obvious reasons.

    > But fair enough, let's see what you have to say. Okay, some of what
    > you have to say anyway:
    >
    >> So Johan, over to you in the studio - show me where the numbers
    >> came from. I can not see where from. There is not "right or wrong"
    >> here assuming he used a legitimate method of finding these lists
    >> where Linux laptops outsell XP ones. I mean, we all know its highly
    >> unlikely to be the case, but Rasker has said just that.

    > Not that you're biased or anything.

    So you did not do what I said and go to amazon and follow the clicks?
    Already we see you are biased an unable to be trusted in this simple
    experiment. No surprise there.

    >> I hope it IS so!

    > Oh, but of course you do, mr Anonymous Sceptic! Let me try and see if
    > I can figure out how to get to that list for you.
    >
    > So, it's http://www.amazon.com/. *tappity-click*
    >
    > Menu to the left, "Computers & Office" sounds reasonable. Popup menu,
    > let's pick "Computers & Accessories", like you did. Can't be too far
    > off.
    >
    > "Laptops" from the menu on the left. It's quite a daunting page, that
    > much is for certain. I'm just gonna try "Find Your Perfect Laptop",
    > since that's in the center of the page. I'm clicking "Find now".

    Why would you do that? The test was to click on "laptops" and then "best
    selling". How difficult can that be? Do you even bother reading the
    posts you reply to? Do try. It will help.

    There is nothing to do with "your perfect laptop". That adds extra
    criteria. Pure and simple "best selling" is what this is about.

    You do understand this simple concept I hope? No? Then forget it. You're
    in over your head.

    > Gosh, over 2500 items? I want it right away, so let's pick "Can be
    > shipped within one business day from Amazon.com" from the left hand
    > menu to narrow it down.

    "can be shipped quickly" ... ok. Seriously, you are joking here aren't
    you? You do see how you are skewing the results already?

    > Hey, there's a Linux laptop in second place after an Apple MacBook
    > right before an XP one. Oh, and from what I can tell, the list is
    > ordered by "Bestselling". Just what you asked for. You're welcome.
    >
    > hth, hand.

    Ye gods. Follow the instructions on the OP I wrote.

    TRY and see how you mangled the results with your strange choice of
    clicks.

    Do TRY and see how my sequence was almost certainly more accurate in
    terms of "best selling" that your cherry picking.

    --
    "Poor fishfarb! Pissed because s/h/it doesn't get all the attention s/h/it craves due to wise use of filtering."
    -- Sinister Midget trying to impress Willy Filters in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  12. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    So anyway, it was like, 16:11 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    [much text to cover getting pie on the face from "Hadron"]

    > The test was to click on "laptops" and then "best selling". How
    > difficult can that be? Do you even bother reading the posts you
    > reply to? Do try. It will help.

    No, the test was, specifically:

    >>> show me where the numbers came from

    I found you the numbers, your inablilty to think outside of your own
    confined box is up to you and you alone to deal with.

    [..]

    > Do TRY and see how my sequence was almost certainly more accurate in
    > terms of "best selling" that your cherry picking.

    Sorry, I'm not one for being led by the nose.

    Look, it's been fun proving you wrong and all, as usual, but I don't
    think we're getting any further before you become really insulting and
    obnoxious. (As opposed to your current state of just acting arrogantly
    superior, that is.)

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    16:22:23 up 28 days, 18:24, 1 user, load average: 0.53, 0.72, 0.70

  13. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Johan Lindquist wrote:

    > Well, given the options in this case, who should I believe, hm? On one
    > hand, there's this guy with an obviously fake name who I just read
    > a quoted posting from, cheering some trolls on in a thread called
    > "Gaylinux" or something similar. Nah, I think I'll pick the other guy,
    > just on a gut feeling.

    It is quite amazing, how a shameless, documented liar like "Hadron" Quack
    thinks that he can lie constantly, yet have his "more serious" posts taken
    at face-value. It doesn't work that way.

  14. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 16:11 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >
    > [much text to cover getting pie on the face from "Hadron"]
    >
    >> The test was to click on "laptops" and then "best selling". How
    >> difficult can that be? Do you even bother reading the posts you
    >> reply to? Do try. It will help.

    > No, the test was, specifically:

    > I found you the numbers, your inablilty to think outside of your own
    > confined box is up to you and you alone to deal with.

    So you agree it was a fix on Rasker's part? See if you can guess which
    bit skewed the results.... Go on. Try.

    >> Do TRY and see how my sequence was almost certainly more accurate in
    >> terms of "best selling" that your cherry picking.

    > Sorry, I'm not one for being led by the nose.

    Ans yet you are. You too have found a manipulate way to make Linux out
    to be best selling when, in fact, it is not.

    > Look, it's been fun proving you wrong and all, as usual, but I don't

    How am I wrong? I am right that Linux is not outselling Windows
    laptops. Had you bothered to click on the links I gave you would know
    that.

    > think we're getting any further before you become really insulting and
    > obnoxious. (As opposed to your current state of just acting arrogantly
    > superior, that is.)

    Arrogantly superior? Well, if providing proof is "arrogantly superior"
    then so be it. And I *did* provide proof. You on the other hand cherry
    picked your links to suit your shill's agenda.

    --
    "Maybe he knows where the body is because he saw where
    it was put." -- "Rick" defending Hans Reiser (his hero) in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  15. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Tell you what, you reproduce YOUR method of finding your figures. I will
    >> see if I can reproduce them as easily as you did mine.

    > He told you how he did it, you inbred son of a bitch.

    I looked at both links, and noticed the inconsistency.

    Why does Hadrone Queeg still not admit to the inconsistency?

    Because he's a shallow, disingenuous, philistine who won't even trouble
    himself to click on the link in Richard's post.

    Hadron -- a worthless poster with no integrity.

    --
    Liar, n.:
    A lawyer with a roving commission.

  16. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Johan Lindquist belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >
    > [much text to cover getting pie on the face from "Hadron"]
    >
    >> The test was to click on "laptops" and then "best selling". How
    >> difficult can that be? Do you even bother reading the posts you
    >> reply to? Do try. It will help.

    > No, the test was, specifically:

    > I found you the numbers, your inablilty to think outside of your own
    > confined box is up to you and you alone to deal with.
    >
    > [..]
    >
    >> Do TRY and see how my sequence was almost certainly more accurate in
    >> terms of "best selling" that your cherry picking.

    > Sorry, I'm not one for being led by the nose.
    >
    > Look, it's been fun proving you wrong and all, as usual, but I don't
    > think we're getting any further before you become really insulting and
    > obnoxious. (As opposed to your current state of just acting arrogantly
    > superior, that is.)

    Hadron is at his best when he's only arrogantly superior. Otherwise,
    he's just a stock troll, whose schtick is pretending to like Linux.

    --
    Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate.

  17. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:28:36 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Wintrolls? What are you talking about? This has all to do with the truth
    >> and nothing to do with Windows.

    > You wouldn't recognise the truth if it punhced you on the nose, "True
    > Linux Advocate".

    Sure he would.
    If it were Linux, it would probably miss....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  18. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:58:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Johan Lindquist writes:
    >
    >> So anyway, it was like, 14:07 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >> Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >>
    >>> It was apparent to anyone that went the "normal route" that your
    >>> figures were, at best, misleading.

    >> I'll have to disagree with that statement.

    > So, rather than blindly throwing you weight behind Rasker, please do
    > show me how he got that list? Seriously - I would be glad for him to be
    > proven right for whatever criteria he used. But the "unadulterated"
    > click and see approach showed something different. Yes, it could be a
    > bug, so lets see how this bug happened for known "advocate" Rasker
    > (famous for his tall tails and mis reading of numbers) but not for me
    > who was just curious to see for himself if Linux *really was selling
    > more laptops than Windows*: I mean, my own experieneces with people is
    > that almost no one wants Linux on a new Laptop when they use it for
    > work. They dont mind so much on the netbooks where travel requires only
    > net access and email give or take and maybe some multimedia.
    >
    > So Johan, over to you in the studio - show me where the numbers came
    > from. I can not see where from. There is not "right or wrong" here
    > assuming he used a legitimate method of finding these lists where Linux
    > laptops outsell XP ones. I mean, we all know its highly unlikely to be
    > the case, but Rasker has said just that. I hope it IS so!

    It's the Linux Mafia discredit routine in action.
    They pile on with the *me too* stuff without ever having actually read the
    thread.

    They are doing the exact same thing in my kernel/Nvidia thread.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  19. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:58:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 14:07 CEST Sep 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >>> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> I'll have to disagree with that statement.

    >> So, rather than blindly throwing you weight behind Rasker, please do
    >> show me how he got that list? Seriously - I would be glad for him to be
    >> proven right for whatever criteria he used. But the "unadulterated"
    >> click and see approach showed something different. Yes, it could be a
    >> bug, so lets see how this bug happened for known "advocate" Rasker
    >> (famous for his tall tails and mis reading of numbers) but not for me
    >> who was just curious to see for himself if Linux *really was selling
    >> more laptops than Windows*: I mean, my own experieneces with people is
    >> that almost no one wants Linux on a new Laptop when they use it for
    >> work. They dont mind so much on the netbooks where travel requires only
    >> net access and email give or take and maybe some multimedia.
    >>
    >> So Johan, over to you in the studio - show me where the numbers came
    >> from. I can not see where from. There is not "right or wrong" here
    >> assuming he used a legitimate method of finding these lists where Linux
    >> laptops outsell XP ones. I mean, we all know its highly unlikely to be
    >> the case, but Rasker has said just that. I hope it IS so!

    > It's the Linux Mafia discredit routine in action.
    > They pile on with the *me too* stuff without ever having actually read the
    > thread.
    >
    > They are doing the exact same thing in my kernel/Nvidia thread.

    I could not believe it when I saw Willy and Marti (I think Marti likes
    Willy ...) totally ignore your criteria about the other kernel. I
    suspect working with these two would be impossible because as you
    outline a problem as all team players need to do they would shout you
    down with "Works for me" before they can even possibly know what the
    problem is!

    --
    "Are Linux systems perfect. Uh, no."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  20. Re: Still awaiting explanation : Linux is best selling laptop.

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Johan Lindquist belched:
    >>
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> Do TRY and see how my sequence was almost certainly more accurate in
    >>> terms of "best selling" that your cherry picking.

    >> Sorry, I'm not one for being led by the nose.
    >>
    >> Look, it's been fun proving you wrong and all, as usual, but I don't
    >> think we're getting any further before you become really insulting and
    >> obnoxious. (As opposed to your current state of just acting arrogantly
    >> superior, that is.)

    >Hadron is at his best when he's only arrogantly superior. Otherwise,
    >he's just a stock troll, whose schtick is pretending to like Linux.

    Don't you know that Quack's way is the only way, and if you come to a
    different conclusion by doing things different way, you are a "liar"?

    I'd wash that snotty piece of ****'s mouth out with soap, if I had the
    chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast