From: NYLUG Announcements
To: NYLUG Announcements
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [nylug-announce] NYLUG Python Workshop, (TOMORROW) September 30 6:00PM-8:00PM

This is a reminder for the event detailed below.

PYTHON WORKSHOP
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Time: 6:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Location: NY Public Library Hudson Park Branch, 66 Leroy St., NY NY 10014

Topics:
General discussion about Python, and working through example code.
Bring something to discuss! There's a blackboard, chalk, and Internet
access. Notebook computers are helpful but not required.
All levels of Python experience from totally new to experienced welcome!

We will continue meeting on a bi-weekly basis at the Hudson Library at
66 Leroy St New York, NY 10014.

It is helpful, but not necessary to have a notebook computer.
The WiFi at the library works now.

Map & Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Hu...NY+10014&hl=en
(http://tighturl.com/fp)

We meet in the basement. Enter the library and head to the back. If the
door is closed when you arrive you can ask the manager of the library for
the keys to the room if you're comfortable opening up the basement, or
you can wait for some of the others to arrive.

Mailing List:
We have a mailing list! Join it here:

or send mail to: nylug-workshop-request@nylug.org
with a Subject: subscribe

There is also an RSS feed for the workshop mailing list at:
http://nylug.org/mlist/nylug-python.rss

IRC Channel:
On Freenode, in #nylug-python . Stop by #nylug also.

The Next Meeting After This Meeting:
The following Python Workshop will be held on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 6:00 PM

--- NYC*Bug announcement ---

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:13:21 -0400
To: announce@lists.nycbug.org
From: NYC*BUG Announcements
Subject: [announce] October NYC*BUG Meeting Cancelled

As you may already know, there will be no NYC*BUG meeting this
Wednesday, October 1st. All energy is completely focused on building
NYCBSDCon 2008.

There will be a NYC*BUG meeting on November 5th, and a holiday party in
December.

Don't forget to register for NYCBSDCon 2008 at:

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/register.html

We look forward to seeing you at the conference.