[NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft! - Linux

This is a discussion on [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft! - Linux ; I bet the Roy bot "missed" this one: lol !, Alcatel-Lucent bites the dust! http://www.pcworld.com/article/151571/.html?tk=rss_news http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/07-1546.pdf -- PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/...

  1. [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    --
    PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > I bet the Roy bot "missed" this one:
    > lol !, Alcatel-Lucent bites the dust!
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/151571/.html?tk=rss_news
    > http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/07-1546.pdf

    Thanks for pointing out this nonsense.
    Obviously the only winners are lawyers.
    A license cost 16 million dollars. The fine awarded is 1.5 billion dollars.

    There is complete disconnect in the software patent world with reality and
    the numbers tell it all.

    There is no justifiable real commerce behind software patents.
    Its just a layer of costs and paper pushing that adds no value
    to the economies of the world.
    A 16 million dollar license is not needed to cover billions
    of dollars worth of real business. It adds no value to real
    businesses to be doing business in this way.

    Software patents panders to the needs of the power hungry loons
    who are unable to share any of their make believe wealth in the real world
    to make the world a better place.

    Numbers like those should be used as justification for banning
    software patents.

  3. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    7 wrote:

    >Clogwog trolled:
    >>
    >> I bet the Roy bot "missed" this one:
    >> lol !, Alcatel-Lucent bites the dust!
    >> http://www.pcworld.com/article/151571/.html?tk=rss_news
    >> http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/07-1546.pdf

    >Thanks for pointing out this nonsense.
    >Obviously the only winners are lawyers.
    >A license cost 16 million dollars. The fine awarded is 1.5 billion dollars.
    >
    >There is complete disconnect in the software patent world with reality and
    >the numbers tell it all.

    It seems that M$ made a reasonable effort to get properly licensed.
    The judgement was ridiculous and I'm glad to see it overturned.

  4. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    chrisv wrote:
    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Clogwog trolled:
    >>> I bet the Roy bot "missed" this one:
    >>> lol !, Alcatel-Lucent bites the dust!
    >>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/151571/.html?tk=rss_news
    >>> http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/07-1546.pdf

    >> Thanks for pointing out this nonsense.
    >> Obviously the only winners are lawyers.
    >> A license cost 16 million dollars. The fine awarded is 1.5 billion dollars.
    >>
    >> There is complete disconnect in the software patent world with reality and
    >> the numbers tell it all.

    > It seems that M$ made a reasonable effort to get properly licensed.
    > The judgement was ridiculous and I'm glad to see it overturned.

    The whole software patent system is ridiculous. It just doesn't work.

  5. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Clogwog trolled:
    >>> Thanks for pointing out this nonsense.
    >>> Obviously the only winners are lawyers.
    >>> A license cost 16 million dollars. The fine awarded is 1.5 billion dollars.
    >>>
    >>> There is complete disconnect in the software patent world with reality and
    >>> the numbers tell it all.

    >> It seems that M$ made a reasonable effort to get properly licensed.
    >> The judgement was ridiculous and I'm glad to see it overturned.

    > The whole software patent system is ridiculous. It just doesn't work.

    So why are you so obsessed with it? Ignore it. Still peoples ideas all you
    like.

  6. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    Hadron wrote:
    > So why are you so obsessed with it? Ignore it.

    It goes against the morals and ethics of freedom. As a "True Linux
    Advocate" you should understand that.

  7. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> So why are you so obsessed with it? Ignore it.

    > It goes against the morals and ethics of freedom. As a "True Linux
    > Advocate" you should understand that.

    I do not understand it. You seem to advocate people working for nothing
    and having their ideas and research stolen from them by competitors for
    no cost.

    I see no reason whatsoever why some ink stained underachiever should
    feel free to cherry pick other peoples ideas for nothing whatsoever.

    If people CHOOSE to make their stuff Free then all well and good. Many,
    including Stallman, do not.

  8. Re: [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> So why are you so obsessed with it? Ignore it.

    >> It goes against the morals and ethics of freedom. As a "True Linux
    >> Advocate" you should understand that.

    > I do not understand it. You seem to advocate people working for nothing
    > and having their ideas and research stolen from them by competitors for
    > no cost.

    Thats a load and you know it. The main factors that should determine
    whether a software project is successful are quality, availability,
    mindshare and price. Just because somebody enters the same market as you
    that doesn't make them thieves. There will inevitably be crossover
    between competing products.

    > I see no reason whatsoever why some ink stained underachiever should
    > feel free to cherry pick other peoples ideas for nothing whatsoever.

    Well you obviously don't like living in a free society then. Ideas are
    free. Always have been, always should be - it's the application and
    implementation of them that matters. If the markets truly ran to your
    ideals we'd have no google, no microsoft, no firefox, no mac.

    > If people CHOOSE to make their stuff Free then all well and good. Many,
    > including Stallman, do not.

    And if somebody else CHOOSES to make a competitive product to yours,
    that's also their right and priviledge, whether they charge for it or
    give it away is irrelevant. You have no moral right to exclude them.

+ Reply to Thread