[OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now - Linux

This is a discussion on [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now - Linux ; I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair". http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition. Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free ...

  1. [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".

    http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html

    All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.

    Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    The master CD was burned with K3B.

    Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    Enjoy!

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    ml2mst wrote:
    > I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond
    > Despair".

    What an uplifting title...

    Sounds like something that would make Megadeth or Black Sabbath splatter
    their brains on the wall. You gone Satanic on us, fella?

  3. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ml2mst belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".
    >
    > http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >

    > All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    > Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >
    > Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    > created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    > Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    > Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    > The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >
    > Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >

    > Enjoy!

    Listening to Supernova. Thought my earphones blew out at first.

    Nice, though. Clean sound. Be sure to add track numbers to the
    filenames so 'ls' can order them .

    Thanks!

    --
    Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

  4. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:25:51 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".
    >
    > http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >

    > All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    > Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >
    > Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    > created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    > Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    > Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    > The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >
    > Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >

    > Enjoy!

    You did a good job!
    Not my style of music, but no bad at all.

    At least you are doing something with your Linux software, unlike most of
    the empty suits in this group.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:25:51 +0200, ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".
    >>
    >> http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >>

    >> All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    >> Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >>
    >> Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    >> created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    >> Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    >> Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    >> The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >>
    >> Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >>

    >> Enjoy!

    > You did a good job!
    > Not my style of music, but no bad at all.
    >
    > At least you are doing something with your Linux software, unlike most of
    > the empty suits in this group.

    Hear hear. Seriously, well done Marti. Now ask Willy or High Plains
    Hypocrite what they have "given back " for all the "free" SW they claim
    to use?

    --
    "I do believe I have stated that he should be given the benefit of the
    doubt, as is his right. If he did this crime, as it would seem, then he

  6. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:00:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:25:51 +0200, ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".
    >>>
    >>> http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >>>

    >>> All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    >>> Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >>>
    >>> Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    >>> created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    >>> Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    >>> Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    >>> The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >>>

    >>> Enjoy!

    >> You did a good job!
    >> Not my style of music, but no bad at all.
    >>
    >> At least you are doing something with your Linux software, unlike most of
    >> the empty suits in this group.

    > Hear hear. Seriously, well done Marti. Now ask Willy or High Plains
    > Hypocrite what they have "given back " for all the "free" SW they claim
    > to use?

    Yea, Marti did a nice job with the project!
    I'm listening to it now and it sounds pretty good.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  7. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    "ml2mst" schreef in bericht
    >I am very exited

    *PLONK*

  8. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    ml2mst wrote:

    > Enjoy!

    Downloading now.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I'm! A! Graduate! Of! The! Bill! Shatner! Acting! School!

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

  10. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:36:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ ml2mst on Monday 29 September 2008 13:25 : \____
    >
    >> I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair".
    >>
    >> http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >>

    >> All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    >> Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >>
    >> Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    >> created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    >> Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    >> Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    >> The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >>
    >> Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >>

    >> Enjoy!

    > Very cool. Just downloaded a few...

    Maybe Marti can give you singing lessons Roy?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  11. Re: New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Sep 29, 9:25*am, ml2mst wrote:
    > I am very exited to announce the release of my new album "Beyond Despair"..
    >
    > http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/09/b...r-out-now.html
    >

    > All songs are in the Free Ogg-Vorbis file format and are Licensed under
    > Creative Commons 3 by-sa attrition.
    >
    > Beyond Despair was created using 100% Free Software. The songs where
    > created using SoundTracker for Gnome, downmixed and converted to
    > Ogg-Vorbis using Audacity for GNU/Linux. The cover was designed using
    > Kover Artist. An easy to use cover editor for the K Desktop Environment.
    > The master CD was burned with K3B.
    >
    > Yes, as you can see, not even 0 bit of proprietary software was used!
    >

    > Enjoy!

    Not my kind of music, but impressive man.

  12. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    Thank you all for your kind responses, which I didn't expected,
    especially not from Moshe and Hadron.

    I will ad the XM (Tracker files) this weekend to the article, so it's
    easier to create remixes and derivate works.

    You can see the XM files as the "source code" of the songs.

    There are quite a lot of tracker editors out there, if you don't know
    where to start, for GNU/Linux Soundtracker or Cheesetracker are great
    and for Windows OpenMPT is the best one you can get.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModPlug_Tracker

    Here is some background information:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  13. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    ml2mst writes:

    > Thank you all for your kind responses, which I didn't expected,
    > especially not from Moshe and Hadron.

    Marti, marti, marti - you are actually advocating Linux and not being a
    shill and a sycophantic suck up like most of the others. You will find
    if you are honest, dont tell lies or go gooey over silly things then you
    will be respected more. Me too'ing with the likes of Willy Poaster and
    High Plains Hypocrite gain you zero street cred. Actually using Linux,
    warts and all, and being honest about it will. Look at Liarnut
    reputation recently - no one believes a word he says anymore because he
    dives in mindlessly "me tooing" without even reading the articles he is
    responding to.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  14. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:12:54 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > ml2mst writes:
    >
    >> Thank you all for your kind responses, which I didn't expected,
    >> especially not from Moshe and Hadron.

    > Marti, marti, marti - you are actually advocating Linux and not being a
    > shill and a sycophantic suck up like most of the others. You will find
    > if you are honest, dont tell lies or go gooey over silly things then you
    > will be respected more. Me too'ing with the likes of Willy Poaster and
    > High Plains Hypocrite gain you zero street cred. Actually using Linux,
    > warts and all, and being honest about it will. Look at Liarnut
    > reputation recently - no one believes a word he says anymore because he
    > dives in mindlessly "me tooing" without even reading the articles he is
    > responding to.

    Same here.
    Marti did more Linux advocacy with that one post than most of the people
    here do in a week.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  15. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:12:54 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst writes:
    >>
    >>> Thank you all for your kind responses, which I didn't expected,
    >>> especially not from Moshe and Hadron.

    >> Marti, marti, marti - you are actually advocating Linux and not being a
    >> shill and a sycophantic suck up like most of the others. You will find
    >> if you are honest, dont tell lies or go gooey over silly things then you
    >> will be respected more. Me too'ing with the likes of Willy Poaster and
    >> High Plains Hypocrite gain you zero street cred. Actually using Linux,
    >> warts and all, and being honest about it will. Look at Liarnut
    >> reputation recently - no one believes a word he says anymore because he
    >> dives in mindlessly "me tooing" without even reading the articles he is
    >> responding to.

    > Same here.
    > Marti did more Linux advocacy with that one post than most of the people
    > here do in a week.

    A week?

    I challenge you to show where

    .. Willy "do you like puppies" Poaster
    .. chrisv
    .. High Plains Hypocrite (his bug report doesnt count although it is
    something)
    .. Tattoo Vampire

    have advocated Linux in a meaningful manner in the past 3 months. A
    "works for me you windiot" is not advocacy.

    Even Ray's story about his bloody library isn't advocacy any more. It's
    enough to turn people off.

    --
    "The "XP could sink Microsoft" thread his an absolute gem. You'd think
    these advocates were related to Nostradamus!"

  16. Re: [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:00:06 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> Marti, marti, marti - you are actually advocating Linux and not being a
    >>> shill and a sycophantic suck up like most of the others. You will find
    >>> if you are honest, dont tell lies or go gooey over silly things then you
    >>> will be respected more. Me too'ing with the likes of Willy Poaster and
    >>> High Plains Hypocrite gain you zero street cred. Actually using Linux,
    >>> warts and all, and being honest about it will. Look at Liarnut
    >>> reputation recently - no one believes a word he says anymore because he
    >>> dives in mindlessly "me tooing" without even reading the articles he is
    >>> responding to.

    >> Same here.
    >> Marti did more Linux advocacy with that one post than most of the people
    >> here do in a week.

    > A week?
    >
    > I challenge you to show where
    >
    > . Willy "do you like puppies" Poaster
    > . chrisv
    > . High Plains Hypocrite (his bug report doesnt count although it is
    > something)
    > . Tattoo Vampire
    >
    > have advocated Linux in a meaningful manner in the past 3 months. A
    > "works for me you windiot" is not advocacy.
    >
    > Even Ray's story about his bloody library isn't advocacy any more. It's
    > enough to turn people off.

    Yea most of them are completely useless as far as Linux advocacy is
    concerned.
    Poaster probably is the worst.
    LiarMutt is just a total embaressment and of course is Roy's lapdog.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/