Quarkbuntu released - Linux

This is a discussion on Quarkbuntu released - Linux ; It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros. -- Regards, [tv] ....Be alert - the world needs more lerts. Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company Good to the last supper...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

  1. Quarkbuntu released

    It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Be alert - the world needs more lerts.

    Good to the last supper

  2. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".

    Liars!

    Liars!

    Liars!

    Comes with a free piece of hardware, too: a USB foot-stomping module.

    And check out the splash-screen logo:

    http://www.100monkeystyping.com/wlog/sneer.jpg

    --
    Sick Building Migration: The tendency of younger workers to leave or
    avoid jobs in unhealthy office environments or workplaces affected by

  3. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    > It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Comes with a free piece of hardware, too: a USB foot-stomping module.
    >
    > And check out the splash-screen logo:
    >
    > http://www.100monkeystyping.com/wlog/sneer.jpg

    It doesn't come with source code either because that would be stealing.

  4. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".

    Lying when it does so, of course...

  5. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:09:10 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    > It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Liars!
    >
    > Comes with a free piece of hardware, too: a USB foot-stomping module.
    >
    > And check out the splash-screen logo:
    >
    > http://www.100monkeystyping.com/wlog/sneer.jpg

    Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!

    Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    on any HW.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  6. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:09:10 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    >> It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".
    >>
    >> Liars!
    >>
    >> Liars!
    >>
    >> Liars!
    >>
    >> Comes with a free piece of hardware, too: a USB foot-stomping module.
    >>
    >> And check out the splash-screen logo:
    >>
    >> http://www.100monkeystyping.com/wlog/sneer.jpg

    Most of you are liars. Shameless liars. It has been proven time and time
    again. Just look at Willy getting schooled about Video installations
    recently.

    > Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!

    Where do I say Windows is better? I can post lots of links of me saying
    Debian is excellent for what I do however.

    One link will do.

    > Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    > on any HW.

    Jesus. You're still shilling High Plains Hypocrite's lies about my
    Debian usage.

    What a sad little man you are.

  7. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:17:17 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:09:10 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> It's the only distro that calls its users "Liars".
    >>>
    >>> Liars!
    >>>
    >>> Liars!
    >>>
    >>> Liars!
    >>>
    >>> Comes with a free piece of hardware, too: a USB foot-stomping module.
    >>>
    >>> And check out the splash-screen logo:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.100monkeystyping.com/wlog/sneer.jpg

    > Most of you are liars. Shameless liars. It has been proven time and time
    > again. Just look at Willy getting schooled about Video installations
    > recently.
    >

    >> Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!

    > Where do I say Windows is better? I can post lots of links of me saying
    > Debian is excellent for what I do however.
    >
    > One link will do.
    >

    >> Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    >> on any HW.

    > Jesus. You're still shilling High Plains Hypocrite's lies about my
    > Debian usage.
    >
    > What a sad little man you are.

    They certainly are a pathetic little group aren't they.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > They certainly are a pathetic little group aren't they.

    Well at least we're in the right place, what's your excuse flattie?

  9. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!
    >
    > Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    > on any HW.

    And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    you launch a newsreader.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Blessed are the censors; they shall inhibit the earth.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Tattoo Vampire schreef:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!
    >>
    >> Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    >> on any HW.

    > And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    > you launch a newsreader.

    Flattybuntu: the only Ubuntu spin off that has problems with Nvidia
    chipsets. To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that
    continually freezes.

    Why don't they just stick together and create circlejerkbuntu?

    It would probably be ReactOS b0rk3d edition.

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| The difference between God and Hadron Quarck...
    |0|0|0| God doesn't think he's Hadron

  11. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!
    >>
    >> Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    >> on any HW.

    >And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    >you launch a newsreader.

    The problem is, after using wither one of these two distros, you feel
    like you need to take a shower.

    --
    "Yes, theres choice alright - that buggy heap of ****, or that one, or
    that one.... etc etc etc." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

  12. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On 2008-09-30, ml2mst claimed:
    > Tattoo Vampire schreef:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!
    >>>
    >>> Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    >>> on any HW.

    >> And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    >> you launch a newsreader.

    > Flattybuntu: the only Ubuntu spin off that has problems with Nvidia
    > chipsets. To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that
    > continually freezes.
    >
    > Why don't they just stick together and create circlejerkbuntu?

    They'd get sued because MS would claim it's too much like Windwoes.

    > It would probably be ReactOS b0rk3d edition.

    --
    After seeing Windows I realize Bill Gates is an idiot.

  13. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Sinister Midget writes:

    > On 2008-09-30, ml2mst claimed:
    >> Tattoo Vampire schreef:

    >>> And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    >>> you launch a newsreader.

    >> Flattybuntu: the only Ubuntu spin off that has problems with Nvidia
    >> chipsets. To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that
    >> continually freezes.
    >>
    >> Why don't they just stick together and create circlejerkbuntu?

    Is that what you and your special friends call a "reach around"? All to
    their own I guess.

    Sometimes I have to question the sanity in this group. The NVidia issues
    are well documented. And while Ubuntu has come on in leaps and bounds
    even a short Google reveals lots of outstanding issues. Debian is
    worse. This is the Debian wiki, enjoy,

    http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

    > They'd get sued because MS would claim it's too much like Windwoes.

    And why are you talking about Windows and new distros? Firstly I dont
    even use Windows. Secondly why would we want another distro? I would
    sooner concentrate on getting the existing ones working.

  14. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    ml2mst wrote:

    > To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that continually freezes.

    Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.

    Start here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1 for
    all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel panicking, ruining
    their computing experience, causing them to rant in anger, begging for help
    from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting petabytes of memory being
    used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots, wasting days of time, being forced
    back to XP to get a usable system, getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming
    ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in
    disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is
    perfect.

  15. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    DFS wrote:
    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that continually freezes.

    > Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.
    >
    > Start here
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1 for
    > all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel panicking, ruining
    > their computing experience, causing them to rant in anger, begging for help
    > from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting petabytes of memory being
    > used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots, wasting days of time, being forced
    > back to XP to get a usable system, getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming
    > ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in
    > disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is
    > perfect.

    Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

  16. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that continually freezes.

    >> Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.
    >>
    >> Start here
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1
    >> for all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel
    >> panicking, ruining their computing experience, causing them to rant in
    >> anger, begging for help from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting
    >> petabytes of memory being used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots,
    >> wasting days of time, being forced back to XP to get a usable system,
    >> getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming
    >> the hardware, and just generally staring in disbelief at the bull****
    >> "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is perfect.

    > Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

    Why do you always seem to have a wild hair up your ass when you roll out
    of your bed, and that someone has pissed in your Cheerios?

  17. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >>> nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in disbelief
    >>> at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is perfect.

    >> Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

    > Why do you always seem to have a wild hair up your ass when you roll out
    > of your bed, and that someone has pissed in your Cheerios?

    That's a very disturbing image. Back under your bridge.

  18. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

    >> Why do you always seem to have a wild hair up your ass when you roll
    >> out of your bed, and that someone has pissed in your Cheerios?

    > That's a very disturbing image. Back under your bridge.

    Hey, you shouldn't kill the messenger.

  19. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> Why do you always seem to have a wild hair up your ass when you roll
    >>> out of your bed, and that someone has pissed in your Cheerios?

    >> That's a very disturbing image. Back under your bridge.

    > Hey, you shouldn't kill the messenger.

    Even seen Beerfest?

  20. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that continually freezes.

    >> Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.
    >>
    >> Start here
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1 for
    >> all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel panicking, ruining
    >> their computing experience, causing them to rant in anger, begging for help
    >> from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting petabytes of memory being
    >> used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots, wasting days of time, being forced
    >> back to XP to get a usable system, getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming
    >> ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in
    >> disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is
    >> perfect.

    > Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

    Speaking of boners:

    $ uptime
    12:03:35 up 167 days, 18:12, 3 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

    Debian "testing" (soon to be "stable")

    --
    The person who can smile when something goes wrong has thought of
    someone to blame it on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast