Quarkbuntu released - Linux

This is a discussion on Quarkbuntu released - Linux ; "Phil Da Lick!" writes: > Paul Montgumdrop wrote: >> Phil Da Lick! wrote: >>> Paul Montgumdrop wrote: >>>>>> nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in >>>>>> disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars >>>>>> claim ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

  1. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> That's a very disturbing image. Back under your bridge.

    >> Hey, you shouldn't kill the messenger.

    > Even seen Beerfest?

    Haha! The opening scene is comedy magic

    "Up yours Johnny Cash!"

    We agree on something else maybe Phil! :-;

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  2. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:07:08 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire schreef:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Announces every hour that it's perfect, but that Windoze is better!
    >>>
    >>> Will only run as a beta release, because the stable version does not work
    >>> on any HW.

    >> And soon to be followed by Flattybuntu, the distro that nymshifts every time
    >> you launch a newsreader.

    > Flattybuntu: the only Ubuntu spin off that has problems with Nvidia
    > chipsets. To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that
    > continually freezes.
    >
    > Why don't they just stick together and create circlejerkbuntu?
    >
    > It would probably be ReactOS b0rk3d edition.

    I don't have troubles with the Nvidia driver.
    It's installed and running my dual LCD flat screen monitors fine.

    Read the thread Marti.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:29:12 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Sinister Midget writes:

    >>> Flattybuntu: the only Ubuntu spin off that has problems with Nvidia
    >>> chipsets. To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that
    >>> continually freezes.
    >>>
    >>> Why don't they just stick together and create circlejerkbuntu?

    > Is that what you and your special friends call a "reach around"? All to
    > their own I guess.
    >
    > Sometimes I have to question the sanity in this group. The NVidia issues
    > are well documented. And while Ubuntu has come on in leaps and bounds
    > even a short Google reveals lots of outstanding issues. Debian is
    > worse. This is the Debian wiki, enjoy,
    >
    > http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
    >
    >> They'd get sued because MS would claim it's too much like Windwoes.

    > And why are you talking about Windows and new distros? Firstly I dont
    > even use Windows. Secondly why would we want another distro? I would
    > sooner concentrate on getting the existing ones working.

    It's the gang mentality and their desire to pile on, surround the mother
    ship and protect it.
    They also like to attempt to re-write history.

    All they have to do is take the time to actually read the post and they
    will see how wrong they are and how right we are.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  4. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:14:27 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> To be followed by D00fybuntu, the distribution that continually freezes.

    > Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.
    >
    > Start here
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1 for
    > all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel panicking, ruining
    > their computing experience, causing them to rant in anger, begging for help
    > from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting petabytes of memory being
    > used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots, wasting days of time, being forced
    > back to XP to get a usable system, getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming
    > ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in
    > disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is
    > perfect.

    The problem with COLA Linux advocacy is that it is all about blame.
    It's never Linux's fault, it's always the user or some other software or
    Microsoft.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On 2008-09-30, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Regular old crappy Ubuntu does that all by its lonesome crappy self.
    >>>
    >>> Start here
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=1 for
    >>> all the tales of Linux woe: freezing, locking up, kernel panicking, ruining
    >>> their computing experience, causing them to rant in anger, begging for help
    >>> from unresponsive Linux developers, reporting petabytes of memory being
    >>> used, forced reinstalls, forced reboots, wasting days of time, being forced
    >>> back to XP to get a usable system, getting a few minutes of uptime, blaming
    >>> ATI, blaming nVidia, blaming the hardware, and just generally staring in
    >>> disbelief at the bull**** "operating system" so many Linux liars claim is
    >>> perfect.

    >> Take your hand off your boner and back away slowly.

    > Speaking of boners:
    >
    > $ uptime
    > 12:03:35 up 167 days, 18:12, 3 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
    >
    > Debian "testing" (soon to be "stable")

    pppfffft only .02 load?

    Howabout 180 days with load above 5 or 10 or 50?

    Anybody (but Microsoft) can keep an idle system up.

    --

    Unfortunately, the universe will not conform itself to
    your fantasies. You have to manage based on what really happens |||

  6. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> Speaking of boners:
    >>
    >> $ uptime
    >> 12:03:35 up 167 days, 18:12, 3 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
    >>
    >> Debian "testing" (soon to be "stable")

    > pppfffft only .02 load?
    >
    > Howabout 180 days with load above 5 or 10 or 50?
    >
    > Anybody (but Microsoft) can keep an idle system up.

    Oh well. I've been using the laptop a lot lately for coding and stuff.

    Even in that case, here's the recent load with VMware running Visual Studio to
    build a project:

    1 user, load average: 0.50, 0.41, 0.32

    (Gah, forgot how much I /hate/ Visual Studio, too.)

    Otherwise, the desktop is a file/print server, remote-access station,
    and sometimes a big-download station.

    In any case, it should put to rest the idea that X always crashes or
    hangs the system.

    --

  7. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    Hadron wrote:

    > I would sooner concentrate on getting the existing ones working.

    Then get busy Hadron Queeg. You're so sooper intelijent, you should be able
    to contribute to all the major distros and troll this group at the same
    time.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Your E-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage

    Good to the last supper

  8. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Sep 29, 8:22*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > It thinks it's smarter than all the other distros.

    Are we going to see the Vampspire Distro soon? Spews your personal
    information all over the web, week after week. Thinks its badass, but
    when confronted, slinks away like a little bitch keyboard warrior.
    Eerily similar to Microsoft/Windows.

  9. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc wrote:

    > Thinks its badass

    I *know* I'm badass, gimp.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Deja Moo: the feeling you have heard this bull before.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Sep 30, 8:12*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    > > Thinks its badass

    > I *know* I'm badass, gimp.

    Vampspire: Used by Usenet Keyboard Warriors for maximum poserness.
    Quick, think up an idle threat.

  11. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:41:54 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I would sooner concentrate on getting the existing ones working.

    > Then get busy Hadron Queeg. You're so sooper intelijent, you should be
    > able to contribute to all the major distros and troll this group at the
    > same time.

    Hehheh, another "get out" by Quack the Queeg.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  12. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc wrote:

    [...]

    CCbuntu, the distro that's not good for a damned thing.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Squirt guns don't soak people, People soak people.

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Oct 1, 7:55*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > CCbuntu, the distro that's

    great for making your Vamspire distro become uptight and unoriginal.
    CCbuntu will remove the offending distro after a few days giving you
    peace, relaxation and common sense. No more comically angry outbursts
    and posturing from a piece of software, just CCbuntu giving you piece
    of mind. CCbuntu, for when you want to remove idiocy from your life.

  14. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc wrote:

    > CCbuntu, for when you want to remove idiocy from your life.

    Oh, it automatically killfiles Queeg and Flatfarb? ****, in that case, I
    might try it.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone.

    Good to the last supper

  15. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc wrote:
    > On Oct 1, 7:55*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> cc wrote:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> CCbuntu, the distro that's

    > great for making your Vamspire distro become uptight and unoriginal.
    > CCbuntu will remove the offending distro after a few days giving you
    > peace, relaxation and common sense. No more comically angry outbursts
    > and posturing from a piece of software, just CCbuntu giving you piece
    > of mind.

    That's cos that's all you've got to give. You don't have a whole mind.
    So, a piece will just have to do.
    A small piece at that.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  16. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Oct 1, 9:49*am, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    > > On Oct 1, 7:55*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > >> cc wrote:

    > >> [...]

    > >> CCbuntu, the distro that's

    > > great for making your Vamspire distro become uptight and unoriginal.
    > > CCbuntu will remove the offending distro after a few days giving you
    > > peace, relaxation and common sense. No more comically angry outbursts
    > > and posturing from a piece of software, just CCbuntu giving you piece
    > > of mind.

    > That's cos that's all you've got to give. You don't have a whole mind.
    > So, a piece will just have to do.
    > A small piece at that.

    Maybe a small piece of my mind would help you come up with a better
    insult to a typo. Small is better than nothing, which is what you and
    the Tattooed Vampire seem to be working with.

  17. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    On Oct 1, 8:21*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    > > CCbuntu, for when you want to remove idiocy from your life.

    > Oh, it automatically killfiles Queeg and Flatfarb? ****, in that case, I
    > might try it.

    Can't figure out killfiles on your current distro/newsreader?

  18. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > cc wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > CCbuntu, the distro that's not good for a damned thing.

    Well, it /is/ a carbon-copy!

    --
    I had a feeling once about mathematics -- that I saw it all. Depth beyond
    depth was revealed to me -- the Byss and the Abyss. I saw -- as one might

  19. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc writes:

    > On Oct 1, 8:21*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> cc wrote:
    >> > CCbuntu, for when you want to remove idiocy from your life.

    >> Oh, it automatically killfiles Queeg and Flatfarb? ****, in that case, I
    >> might try it.

    > Can't figure out killfiles on your current distro/newsreader?

    Tattoo Vampire is a windows using middle manager.

    --
    "Unfortunately, once again, the user-unfriendly dirtware sucks so bad it's
    hard to prove how bad it sucks."

  20. Re: Quarkbuntu released

    cc wrote:

    > Can't figure out killfiles on your current distro/newsreader?

    Did I say that?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing.

    Good to the last supper