Van Wensveen update - Linux

This is a discussion on Van Wensveen update - Linux ; Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages: http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html Cheers -- |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com...

  1. Van Wensveen update

    Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages:

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Van Wensveen update

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ml2mst belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages:
    >
    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

    Resourceful fellows:

    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/micr...IhateMS_1.html

    This left Gates and Allen without a source of unpaid computing
    resources. Therefore Allen went over to the University of Washington
    and began using a Xerox computer by pretending to be a graduate
    student. Gates soon followed, and this went on until they were caught
    and removed from the campus. They continued to break into university
    and privately owned computer systems until about 1975. By that time
    Gates was a student at Harvard University, ...

    --
    Also another major deciding factor is availability of source code.
    It just gives everybody a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that there is

  3. Re: Van Wensveen update

    ml2mst writes:

    > Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages:
    >
    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    >
    > Cheers

    Clever fellow!

    "A personal, lengthy, but highly articulate outburst"

    He should have added

    "by someone with an ego which is writing cheques his abilities can not
    cash and a head bigger than the Sun".

    Pity he forgot his "management summary".

    I see he is also another paranoid liar and bull****ter.

    Lets take this quote for example:

    "Gates: don't develop, copy"

    And he bases this on what? On this:

    ,----
    | From: 'Programmers at work', Microsoft Press, Redmond, WA [1986]:
    | Interviewer: "Is studying computer science the best way to prepare to be a programmer?"
    | Gates: "No, the best way to prepare is to write programs, and to study
    | great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the
    | garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of
    | their operating system."
    `----

    Few programmers would disagree with Gates here.

    Learning from ones peers is not copying Marti.

    But then you knew that.

    All of which has precisely nothing to do with Linux of course where
    programmers "copy" each other as a matter of course. And a good thing
    to. It is "Freedom" you are interested in after all eh?

    --
    "The Linux community re-invents the wheel every month or so. The only
    problem is, their version is square"

  4. Re: Van Wensveen update

    ml2mst wrote:
    > Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages:
    >
    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

    In all his whining about Microsoft he forgot to include this:

    "Yes, it does appear that in this case code was copied into Linux from older
    Unix versions."

    http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/smoking-fizzle.html

  5. Re: Van Wensveen update

    Chris Ahlstrom schreef:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, ml2mst belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Frank van Wensveen has updated his Microsoft pages:
    >>
    >> http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

    > Resourceful fellows:
    >
    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/micr...IhateMS_1.html
    >
    > This left Gates and Allen without a source of unpaid computing
    > resources. Therefore Allen went over to the University of Washington
    > and began using a Xerox computer by pretending to be a graduate
    > student. Gates soon followed, and this went on until they were caught
    > and removed from the campus. They continued to break into university
    > and privately owned computer systems until about 1975. By that time
    > Gates was a student at Harvard University, ...

    I think it's a great source of information. I recently posted it in
    KMFMS (Kein Mitleid für Microsoft == No Mercy to Microsoft):

    http://www.kmfms.com/

    In this forum treat:

    http://www.kmfms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171

    I posted it because two of the major Microsoft Reality Sites (Boycott
    Microsoft and Microsuck) have suddenly gone down recently.

    And it seemed that the webmaster of another Reality site, wasn't aware
    of Van Wensveen's work:

    http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php

    I consider it as my duty to confront my fellowmen with the facts and
    thus the least I can do, is point them in the right direction, by giving
    links ;-)

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com