Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks - Linux

This is a discussion on Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks - Linux ; Including those with the new Atom processor. Guess who's left out - again?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    Including those with the new Atom processor.

    Guess who's left out - again?

  2. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on
    behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > Including those with the new Atom processor.
    >
    > Guess who's left out - again?

    Thanks for that.
    I recommend Ausus EEE for any Linux atom laptops - the fast selling
    901 Linux EEE with 20Gb EEE as opposed to the micoshaft non selling 901 12Gb
    Windummy EEE which costs the same but you only get 12Gb SSD because the
    remainder has to pay to keep micoshaft poor quality engineers alive.

    I suppose we should warn Panasonic that their PCs are likely to be
    as unsellable as the 12Gb Windummy EEEs unless they install Linux
    and either add more hardware or sell it at a cheaper price.

  3. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:50:49 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on
    > behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> Including those with the new Atom processor.
    >>
    >> Guess who's left out - again?

    > Thanks for that.
    > I recommend Ausus EEE for any Linux atom laptops - the fast selling
    > 901 Linux EEE with 20Gb EEE as opposed to the micoshaft non selling 901 12Gb
    > Windummy EEE which costs the same but you only get 12Gb SSD because the
    > remainder has to pay to keep micoshaft poor quality engineers alive.
    >
    > I suppose we should warn Panasonic that their PCs are likely to be
    > as unsellable as the 12Gb Windummy EEEs unless they install Linux
    > and either add more hardware or sell it at a cheaper price.

    It's surprising that Panasonic doesn't off Linux because they are used in
    industrial situations where a rugged, reliable system is specified.

    Seems to me Linux would be a good match for these things.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:50:49 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on
    >> behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>

    >>> Including those with the new Atom processor.
    >>>
    >>> Guess who's left out - again?

    >> Thanks for that.
    >> I recommend Ausus EEE for any Linux atom laptops - the fast selling
    >> 901 Linux EEE with 20Gb EEE as opposed to the micoshaft non selling
    >> 901 12Gb Windummy EEE which costs the same but you only get 12Gb SSD
    >> because the remainder has to pay to keep micoshaft poor quality
    >> engineers alive.
    >>
    >> I suppose we should warn Panasonic that their PCs are likely to be
    >> as unsellable as the 12Gb Windummy EEEs unless they install Linux
    >> and either add more hardware or sell it at a cheaper price.

    > It's surprising that Panasonic doesn't off Linux because they are
    > used in industrial situations where a rugged, reliable system is
    > specified.
    >
    > Seems to me Linux would be a good match for these things.

    huh? Linux is more bogus on laptops than it is on desktops.

  5. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:50:49 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on
    >>> behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >>> Thanks for that.
    >>> I recommend Ausus EEE for any Linux atom laptops - the fast selling
    >>> 901 Linux EEE with 20Gb EEE as opposed to the micoshaft non selling
    >>> 901 12Gb Windummy EEE which costs the same but you only get 12Gb SSD
    >>> because the remainder has to pay to keep micoshaft poor quality
    >>> engineers alive.
    >>>
    >>> I suppose we should warn Panasonic that their PCs are likely to be
    >>> as unsellable as the 12Gb Windummy EEEs unless they install Linux
    >>> and either add more hardware or sell it at a cheaper price.

    >> It's surprising that Panasonic doesn't off Linux because they are
    >> used in industrial situations where a rugged, reliable system is
    >> specified.
    >>
    >> Seems to me Linux would be a good match for these things.

    > huh? Linux is more bogus on laptops than it is on desktops.

    Huh? Amazon's sales ranking suggests that Linux is at least as popular as a
    laptop OS as Windows.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  6. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:57:58 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:50:49 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on
    >>> behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >>> Thanks for that.
    >>> I recommend Ausus EEE for any Linux atom laptops - the fast selling
    >>> 901 Linux EEE with 20Gb EEE as opposed to the micoshaft non selling
    >>> 901 12Gb Windummy EEE which costs the same but you only get 12Gb SSD
    >>> because the remainder has to pay to keep micoshaft poor quality
    >>> engineers alive.
    >>>
    >>> I suppose we should warn Panasonic that their PCs are likely to be
    >>> as unsellable as the 12Gb Windummy EEEs unless they install Linux
    >>> and either add more hardware or sell it at a cheaper price.

    >> It's surprising that Panasonic doesn't off Linux because they are
    >> used in industrial situations where a rugged, reliable system is
    >> specified.
    >>
    >> Seems to me Linux would be a good match for these things.

    > huh? Linux is more bogus on laptops than it is on desktops.

    I think the problem is that the ToughBook line is likely to be running
    highly platform specific software, like say diagnostic software for
    automobiles or assembly line monitoring applications etc.

    That stuff is Windows only for the most part.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  7. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> It's surprising that Panasonic doesn't off Linux because they are
    >>> used in industrial situations where a rugged, reliable system is
    >>> specified.
    >>>
    >>> Seems to me Linux would be a good match for these things.

    >> huh? Linux is more bogus on laptops than it is on desktops.

    > Huh? Amazon's sales ranking suggests that Linux is at least as popular as a
    > laptop OS as Windows.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    No it does not. Linux is second in the list of minis.

    --
    "I do believe I have stated that he should be given the benefit of the
    doubt, as is his right. If he did this crime, as it would seem, then he

  8. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> huh? Linux is more bogus on laptops than it is on desktops.

    >> Huh? Amazon's sales ranking suggests that Linux is at least as popular as
    >> a laptop OS as Windows.
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker

    > No it does not. Linux is second in the list of minis.

    You're wrong. Right now, Linux is outselling Windows, and this time you
    can't even argue that there's room for doubt because exact sales figures
    are unknown:

    http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods

    #1, 2, and 3: Mac, Linux, and Linux. Furthermore, ten machines come with
    Linux, and nine with Windows. With these figures, there is no possible
    distribution which would result in XP being the better selling OS.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  9. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> Huh? Amazon's sales ranking suggests that Linux is at least as popular as
    >>> a laptop OS as Windows.
    >>>
    >>> Richard Rasker

    >> No it does not. Linux is second in the list of minis.

    > You're wrong. Right now, Linux is outselling Windows, and this time you
    > can't even argue that there's room for doubt because exact sales figures
    > are unknown:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1
    >
    > http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >
    > #1, 2, and 3: Mac, Linux, and Linux. Furthermore, ten machines come with
    > Linux, and nine with Windows. With these figures, there is no possible
    > distribution which would result in XP being the better selling OS.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.

    Do this:

    Go to their laptop page :
    http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108

    Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...GCRC2A1NW84CVJ

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/5xbpp7

    And to finish it off:

    http://tinyurl.com/5ytrqh

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our

  10. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> No it does not. Linux is second in the list of minis.

    >> You're wrong. Right now, Linux is outselling Windows, and this time you
    >> can't even argue that there's room for doubt because exact sales figures
    >> are unknown:

    http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >> http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >>
    >> #1, 2, and 3: Mac, Linux, and Linux. Furthermore, ten machines come with
    >> Linux, and nine with Windows. With these figures, there is no possible
    >> distribution which would result in XP being the better selling OS.
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker

    > It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.
    >
    > Do this:
    >
    > Go to their laptop page :

    http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108

    > Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling", so
    that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to conjure
    up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  11. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> You're wrong. Right now, Linux is outselling Windows, and this time you
    >>> can't even argue that there's room for doubt because exact sales figures
    >>> are unknown:
    >>>

    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >>>
    >>> #1, 2, and 3: Mac, Linux, and Linux. Furthermore, ten machines come with
    >>> Linux, and nine with Windows. With these figures, there is no possible
    >>> distribution which would result in XP being the better selling OS.

    >> It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.

    More sweet-talk from Headron.

    > http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108
    >>
    >> Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    > The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling", so
    > that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to conjure
    > up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.

    It figures that Hadron, seeing two contradictory list of best-sellers
    from the /same/ corporate web site, rather than wondering what
    methods Amazon used to get these contradictory results, would instead
    call you a "liar and an idiot".

    That really tells you all you need to know about Hadron.

    --
    ....the increased productivity fostered by a friendly environment and quality
    tools is essential to meet ever increasing demands for software.

  12. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> You're wrong. Right now, Linux is outselling Windows, and this time you
    >>> can't even argue that there's room for doubt because exact sales figures
    >>> are unknown:
    >>>

    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linetec.nl/linux/os-curve.ods
    >>>
    >>> #1, 2, and 3: Mac, Linux, and Linux. Furthermore, ten machines come with
    >>> Linux, and nine with Windows. With these figures, there is no possible
    >>> distribution which would result in XP being the better selling OS.
    >>>
    >>> Richard Rasker

    >> It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.
    >>
    >> Do this:
    >>
    >> Go to their laptop page :
    >>

    > http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108
    >>
    >> Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    > The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling", so
    > that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to conjure
    > up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    You better talk to Wired then:

    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/0...ks-win-to.html

    And links to:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...FHAQDGY9VTW3QP

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/4br23q

    Give it up you rascally Rasker you.

    --
    "There is no such thing as Intellectual Property"
    Mark Kent

  13. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Richard Rasker belched:
    >
    >> Quack snotted:
    >>>
    >>> It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.

    >More sweet-talk from Headron.
    >
    >> http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108
    >>>
    >>> Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    >> The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling", so
    >> that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to conjure
    >> up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.

    >It figures that Hadron, seeing two contradictory list of best-sellers
    >from the /same/ corporate web site, rather than wondering what
    >methods Amazon used to get these contradictory results, would instead
    >call you a "liar and an idiot".
    >
    >That really tells you all you need to know about Hadron.

    "Hadron" is a POS. "Hadron" is a shameless liar.

  14. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >>> It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an idiot.

    > More sweet-talk from Headron.
    >
    >> http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108
    >>>
    >>> Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    >> The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling", so
    >> that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to conjure
    >> up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.

    > It figures that Hadron, seeing two contradictory list of best-sellers
    > from the /same/ corporate web site, rather than wondering what
    > methods Amazon used to get these contradictory results, would instead
    > call you a "liar and an idiot".
    >
    > That really tells you all you need to know about Hadron.

    And that reply is all we need to know about you, you sycophantic suck
    up. Would you also like to call Wired liars too?

    Rasker provided some munged link.

    My link came from a link called "Best selling laptops". As did Wired's
    link. By all means correct them too.

    Here, Liarmutt, now go slink off and hide like you normally do:

    ,----
    | You better talk to Wired then:
    |
    | http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/0...ks-win-to.html
    |
    | And links to:
    |
    | http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...FHAQDGY9VTW3QP
    |
    | or
    |
    | http://tinyurl.com/4br23q
    `----

    I might make the odd mistake. But unlike some here I do not purposely
    tell lies to further my cause.

    Now, what were you saying?

  15. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:04:36 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >>> It would seem you seek to enhance your reputation as a liar and an
    >>> idiot.

    > More sweet-talk from Headron.

    Here's what Quack said in the ubuntu group:-

    "I fight against the "Loony Linux" crowd in COLA.
    I dont think they do Linux any services whatsoever by calling
    Windows users "zombies" and "idiots".

    alt.os.linux.ubuntu -
    Subject: Re: Careful, Hadron never offers any advise.
    Date: 04 Sep 2007

    And yet *here* he's calling people liars & idiots.
    Rather hypocritical of him, wouldn't you say?

    >> http://www.amazon.com/notebooks-lapt...F8&node=565108
    >>>
    >>> Click on "Best Selling Laptops" on the right. It really is that simple.

    >> The link I provided is the only one actually "sorted by: Bestselling",
    >> so that one should provide the most reliable figures. But feel free to
    >> conjure up another excuse to deny soaring Linux sales.

    > It figures that Hadron, seeing two contradictory list of best-sellers from
    > the /same/ corporate web site, rather than wondering what methods Amazon
    > used to get these contradictory results, would instead call you a "liar
    > and an idiot".
    >
    > That really tells you all you need to know about Hadron.

    Some of us have known what Quack is for a *long* time. He pushes for M$ at
    every opportunity, a M$ zealot & fanboi.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  16. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:04:36 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >> More sweet-talk from Headron.

    > Here's what Quack said in the ubuntu group:-
    >
    > "I fight against the "Loony Linux" crowd in COLA.
    > I dont think they do Linux any services whatsoever by calling
    > Windows users "zombies" and "idiots".

    I call liars and idiots liars and idiots. Not Linux users in general.

    Are you on meds Poaster? It sure seem you are little slow at times. Can
    you talk to the animals but aint g-g-g-g-got such a g-g-g-good brain?

  17. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:04:36 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Richard Rasker belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >>> More sweet-talk from Headron.

    >> Here's what Quack said in the ubuntu group:-
    >>
    >> "I fight against the "Loony Linux" crowd in COLA.
    >> I dont think they do Linux any services whatsoever by calling
    >> Windows users "zombies" and "idiots".

    > I call liars and idiots liars and idiots. Not Linux users in general.

    Feel free to point to *any* linux user here in COLA which has been treated
    different by you

    > Are you on meds Poaster? It sure seem you are little slow at times. Can
    > you talk to the animals but aint g-g-g-g-got such a g-g-g-good brain?

    Idiot
    --
    Only two things are infinite,
    the Universe and Stupidity.

  18. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    Peter KŲhlmann wrote:

    > Quack snotted:
    >>
    >> I call liars and idiots liars and idiots. Not Linux users in general.

    > Feel free to point to *any* linux user here in COLA which has been
    > treated different by you

    Conversely, I'd like to see him point out any of the trolls that he calls
    lying idiots.

    It seems that the advocates are "all bad", and the trolls "all good",
    according to "true Linux advocate" Hadron Quark.

  19. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:55:50 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:

    > http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12226754...%3A5-30&page=1

    >>> Here's what Quack said in the ubuntu group:-
    >>> "I fight against the "Loony Linux" crowd in COLA. I dont think they do
    >>> Linux any services whatsoever by calling Windows users "zombies" and
    >>> "idiots".

    >> I call liars and idiots liars and idiots. Not Linux users in general.

    > Feel free to point to *any* linux user here in COLA which has been treated
    > different by you

    AFAICT

    >> Are you on meds Poaster? It sure seem you are little slow at times. Can
    >> you talk to the animals but aint g-g-g-g-got such a g-g-g-good brain?

    Said the troll who is renowned for its reading & comprehension problems.

    > Idiot

    Idiots might complain about being likened to Quack.

    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  20. Re: Panasonic recommends Windows Vista Business for their Toughbooks)

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:17:16 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Quack snotted:
    >>>
    >>> I call liars and idiots liars and idiots. Not Linux users in general.

    >> Feel free to point to *any* linux user here in COLA which has been
    >> treated different by you

    > Conversely, I'd like to see him point out any of the trolls that he calls
    > lying idiots.

    Don't hold your breath. Quack's a self confessed troll, so naturally won't
    say anything against its fellow wintrolls.

    > It seems that the advocates are "all bad", and the trolls "all good",
    > according to "true Linux advocate" Hadron Quark.

    And *everyone* is wrong but Quack, who is a legend in his own mind, & is
    *always* right even when wrong. The main point about trolls like Rhonda
    Quack is that they *intentionally* mislead others. Therefore being a
    troll, you *cannot* take anything a troll says as being true, & hence it
    cannot have any credibility.

    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast