{OT] The Amorality of Most Computer Scientists - Linux

This is a discussion on {OT] The Amorality of Most Computer Scientists - Linux ; #Followup-To: comp.os.linux.misc How IBM helped the Nazis IBM and the Holocaust http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/jun2001/ibm-j27.shtml I guess they just get so caught up in the fascinations of the technology that they lose touch with their consciences. Check them out right here and now ...

  1. {OT] The Amorality of Most Computer Scientists

    How IBM helped the Nazis IBM and the Holocaust

    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/jun2001/ibm-j27.shtml

    I guess they just get so caught up in the fascinations of the
    technology that they lose touch with their consciences.

    Check them out right here and now on this group, on the
    "LooKing for MTA" thread.

    This fellow is obviously a troll and working on being a spammer,
    and they ara happily teaching him how to do it.

    Or maybe they are professional spam fighters and need to
    have spammers out there to justify their jobs?

    Either way, it is amorality at work.

    Sid

    --
    My newsfilter kills all threads and subthreads
    originating with a post from googlegroups.

  2. Re: {OT] The Amorality of Most Computer Scientists

    Handover Phist wrote:
    > Regs: Please plonk this thread.

    Of course. Wouldn't want anyone to see that conversations
    about morals and ethics evoked such negative responses,
    or none at all, the latter being the most telling.

    But it won't do you much good. The "regs" can plonk the
    thread, but that won't keep others from seeing it.

    Let's make it easy:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....0791436166c4b#

    [delete]

    Sid