Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet! - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet! - Linux ; "Moshe Goldfarb." writes: > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:39:20 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote: > >> Hadron wrote: >> >>> Peter Köhlmann writes: >>> >>>> Hadron wrote: >>>> >>>>> Tim Smith writes: >>>>> >>>>>> In article , >>>>>> The Archiver ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

  1. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:39:20 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Huh? I dont use Windows. You do. I do not.

    >> So your "game machine" isn't anymore? Too many viruses and trojans?

    >>> Invent? So you now deny that Roy's website was riddled and was infecting
    >>> Windows visitors for ages before someone hacked it?

    >> I deny nothing nor do I confirm anything. It simply does not interest me if
    >> once again it is proven beyond doubt that windows is insecureable against
    >> such malware.

    What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.

    Nothing to do with Windows.

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:36:09 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> So your "game machine" isn't anymore? Too many viruses and trojans?

    >>> I deny nothing nor do I confirm anything. It simply does not interest me if
    >>> once again it is proven beyond doubt that windows is insecureable against
    >>> such malware.

    > What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    > as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.
    >
    > Nothing to do with Windows.

    Kohlmann is dancing like Bojangles on a hot tin roof....
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    IOW, you stupidly ****ed something up.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Now on CD ROM, classic taglines of the computer era.

    Good to the last supper

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> So your "game machine" isn't anymore? Too many viruses and trojans?

    >>> I deny nothing nor do I confirm anything. It simply does not interest me
    >>> if once again it is proven beyond doubt that windows is insecureable
    >>> against such malware.

    > What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    > as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.
    >
    > Nothing to do with Windows.

    /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    Two entirely different cattle of fish.
    And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    malware would not even exist.

    And pray tell, why should Roy have "planted trojans on his site"? And then
    it was "hacked", to plant different trojans, no trojans or what?

    Can the sorry excuse you use as a "brain" not come up with a somewhat
    coherent story instead of all this bull****?
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:47:44 +0200, Peter Khlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >> What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    >> as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.
    >>
    >> Nothing to do with Windows.

    > /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    > not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    > Two entirely different cattle of fish.

    Ahem, that's kettle of fish....

    It's never Linux is it?

    > And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    > malware would not even exist.

    Sure it would.
    It would be Linux malware or OS/X malware.

    > And pray tell, why should Roy have "planted trojans on his site"? And then
    > it was "hacked", to plant different trojans, no trojans or what?

    Read it this way:

    Roy had *planted* trojans on his site.
    Not Roy *had* planted trojans on his site.

    IOW emphasis on the word planted.
    Obviously Roy did not plant trojans on his own site, at least not willingly
    and probably not at all.

    BTW I'm not making fun of your English, my German is non-existent.

    > Can the sorry excuse you use as a "brain" not come up with a somewhat
    > coherent story instead of all this bull****?

    It's coherent.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    "Peter Khlmann" stated in post
    48dfd150$0$17118$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:47 AM:

    >> What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    >> as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.
    >>
    >> Nothing to do with Windows.

    > /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    > not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    > Two entirely different cattle of fish.

    Cattle of fish? Er?

    > And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    > malware would not even exist.

    Even if it was Linux that was hacked?

    > And pray tell, why should Roy have "planted trojans on his site"? And then
    > it was "hacked", to plant different trojans, no trojans or what?
    >
    > Can the sorry excuse you use as a "brain" not come up with a somewhat
    > coherent story instead of all this bull****?

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Snit wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > 48dfd150$0$17118$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:47 AM:

    >>> What was proven you incompetent baboon was that Linux was not as secure
    >>> as you thought. Roy had planted trojans on his site AND it was hacked.
    >>>
    >>> Nothing to do with Windows.

    >> /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    >> not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    >> Two entirely different cattle of fish.

    > Cattle of fish? Er?

    Excuse my being a non-native english speaker
    You would fare a lot less well speaking german or french. I speak both, too

    >> And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    >> malware would not even exist.

    > Even if it was Linux that was hacked?

    It was no "hacked linux".
    When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or whatever is
    used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with the underlying OS

    >> And pray tell, why should Roy have "planted trojans on his site"? And
    >> then it was "hacked", to plant different trojans, no trojans or what?
    >>
    >> Can the sorry excuse you use as a "brain" not come up with a somewhat
    >> coherent story instead of all this bull****?

    Naturally Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Brock McNuggets/Michael Glasser has to insert
    his idiocy into a thread. He knows nothing about the subject at hand, being
    the most incompetent "IT teacher" of all time, so he simply has to post his
    drivel.
    --
    Computers are like air conditioners -
    they stop working properly when you open Windows

  8. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Demon Lord Benedict Snodgrass Jr of Confusion wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:47:15 +0200, Peter Köhlmann attempted to confuse
    > the issue further by squeaking:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> What game machine? I told you. I dual booted. Same machine.

    >> Does not matter if it is physically the same machine
    >>
    >>> And yes, its gone. Why? An accident shall we say. In Linux. Au Revoir
    >>> Windows partition ....

    >> Certainly. How do you run linux now, with your virtual machine gone with
    >> XP?
    >>
    >> Face it: You will never convince me that you run linux on the bare metal.
    >> At best, you run it in a virtual machine on your game rig under XP
    >>
    >> And "accident"? Really? I would call it "your usual incompetence"

    > I am running MandrakeLinux (yes, pre-Mandriva) 10.1 on this box, all by
    > itself, and have been for over 3.5 years -- since I bought it. I've
    > never had a Windows OS on it. It's not too hard to believe that Hadron
    > has his own Win-free box.

    It is hard to believe. After all, just 2 years ago Hadron Quark appeared for
    the first time in linux groups, and he had continuously "problems" nobody
    else had, and even simple things were not working for him.
    Also, until short time ago, he told us how he uses XP for his gaming rig.
    He continuously tells us that OO is ****ty and how one absolutely *needs* MS
    Office as it trounces everything else.

    I do not even believe that he runs linux at all, except on a virtual machine
    on his Win-XP box. And that is at best a tiny install just enough to run
    it, because otherwise he would give away his being a wintroll even easier

    > Furthermore, I play RuneScape on it, with
    > Opera as my browser. Yes, Java is working with Opera.

    Fine. And that has what to do with Hadron Quark being a troll exactly?
    --
    Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow

  9. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    "Peter Khlmann" stated in post
    48e0768f$0$17133$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:32 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Peter Khlmann" stated in post
    >> 48dfd150$0$17118$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:47 AM:

    >>> /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    >>> not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    >>> Two entirely different cattle of fish.

    >> Cattle of fish? Er?

    > Excuse my being a non-native english speaker
    > You would fare a lot less well speaking german or french. I speak both, too

    Now you pretend to know what languages I do or do not speak. OK.

    For the record, though, I commend you for knowing multiple languages and
    generally your use of English is fine. I just thought that was a funny
    error - no offense meant. You are a lying, hate filled, immature little
    troll but your language skills are not your problem.

    >>> And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    >>> malware would not even exist.

    >> Even if it was Linux that was hacked?

    > It was no "hacked linux".
    > When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or whatever is
    > used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with the underlying OS

    So if it had been Windows you would not have blamed the OS. OK.

    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
    speech. -- Mark Twain

  10. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Demon Lord Benedict Snodgrass Jr of Confusion wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:47:15 +0200, Peter Köhlmann attempted to confuse
    >> the issue further by squeaking:

    >>> Does not matter if it is physically the same machine

    >>> Certainly. How do you run linux now, with your virtual machine gone with
    >>> XP?
    >>>
    >>> Face it: You will never convince me that you run linux on the bare metal.
    >>> At best, you run it in a virtual machine on your game rig under XP
    >>>
    >>> And "accident"? Really? I would call it "your usual incompetence"

    >> I am running MandrakeLinux (yes, pre-Mandriva) 10.1 on this box, all by
    >> itself, and have been for over 3.5 years -- since I bought it. I've
    >> never had a Windows OS on it. It's not too hard to believe that Hadron
    >> has his own Win-free box.

    > It is hard to believe. After all, just 2 years ago Hadron Quark appeared for
    > the first time in linux groups, and he had continuously "problems" nobody
    > else had, and even simple things were not working for him.

    You are telling lies. You do that a lot. Why? My issues were documented
    and some fixed. I had bought a new SATA based machine where the HW was
    not properly supported at the time.

    > Also, until short time ago, he told us how he uses XP for his gaming
    > rig.

    I did. Your point was? I trounced it following a nasty error with
    dd. Not very funny but it happens. And I will not be reinstalling it.

    > He continuously tells us that OO is ****ty and how one absolutely *needs* MS
    > Office as it trounces everything else.

    I didnt say "need". I said it was hard for many to migrate. And I DO
    think OO is a dog.

    > I do not even believe that he runs linux at all, except on a virtual machine
    > on his Win-XP box. And that is at best a tiny install just enough to run
    > it, because otherwise he would give away his being a wintroll even
    > easier

    What you believe is immaterial because you are a fool.

    >> Furthermore, I play RuneScape on it, with
    >> Opera as my browser. Yes, Java is working with Opera.
    >>

    > Fine. And that has what to do with Hadron Quark being a troll exactly?

    --
    "Unfortunately, once again, the user-unfriendly dirtware sucks so bad it's
    hard to prove how bad it sucks."

  11. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    >> 48dfd150$0$17118$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:47 AM:

    >>> /If/ it was hacked (I don't care and it does not interest me) it was
    >>> not "linux was hacked". It was a "hacked website", you frigging idiot.
    >>> Two entirely different cattle of fish.

    >> Cattle of fish? Er?

    > Excuse my being a non-native english speaker
    > You would fare a lot less well speaking german or french. I speak both, too
    >
    >>> And if windows were not such a copmpletely insecure Pile of ****(tm) that
    >>> malware would not even exist.

    >> Even if it was Linux that was hacked?

    > It was no "hacked linux".
    > When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or whatever is
    > used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with the underlying
    > OS

    Oh. SO its not Windows fault then when Windows web serves get hacked? OK ....

  12. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    >>> 48dfd150$0$17118$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 9/28/08 11:47
    >>> AM:

    >>> Cattle of fish? Er?

    >> Excuse my being a non-native english speaker
    >> You would fare a lot less well speaking german or french. I speak both,
    >> too

    >>> Even if it was Linux that was hacked?

    >> It was no "hacked linux".
    >> When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or whatever
    >> is used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with the underlying
    >> OS

    > Oh. SO its not Windows fault then when Windows web serves get hacked? OK

    You might try to find a post where I actually claim that.
    It is the same as with your often repeated lie of "linux is perfect". I have
    never said that, and so has nobody else, except the idiotic wintrolls

    Besides, who would be stupid enough to run a webserver on windows? It is far
    too unreliable for stuff like that. But that has nothing to do with easier
    hacking a site.
    --
    Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

  13. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Demon Lord Benedict Snodgrass Jr of Confusion wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:47:15 +0200, Peter Köhlmann attempted to confuse
    >>> the issue further by squeaking:

    >>> I am running MandrakeLinux (yes, pre-Mandriva) 10.1 on this box, all by
    >>> itself, and have been for over 3.5 years -- since I bought it. I've
    >>> never had a Windows OS on it. It's not too hard to believe that Hadron
    >>> has his own Win-free box.

    >> It is hard to believe. After all, just 2 years ago Hadron Quark appeared
    >> for the first time in linux groups, and he had continuously "problems"
    >> nobody else had, and even simple things were not working for him.

    > You are telling lies. You do that a lot. Why? My issues were documented
    > and some fixed.

    Your "issues" were documented by you. You had "issues" which seemed /odd/ to
    say the least

    Bull****. I used SATA longer on linux than your first appearance here

    >> Also, until short time ago, he told us how he uses XP for his gaming
    >> rig.

    > I did. Your point was?

    You did not stop using it long time ago, as you recently claimed.
    You either lied then, or you did when you claimed to use it for gaming only

    > I trounced it following a nasty error with
    > dd. Not very funny but it happens. And I will not be reinstalling it.

    Certainly. A "nasty error with dd".
    So you are incompetent, too

    >> He continuously tells us that OO is ****ty and how one absolutely *needs*
    >> MS Office as it trounces everything else.

    > I didnt say "need". I said it was hard for many to migrate.

    Yes. Real "hard". As hard as reading most docs in just like that

    > And I DO think OO is a dog.

    Fine. It starts *one* second slower on my machine than MS Office.
    It works just as fast then. It reads all the MSO docs I throw at it.
    Guess what: MSO has not been started here for month

    And no, it does not crash every hour, as you have often claimed

    >> I do not even believe that he runs linux at all, except on a virtual
    >> machine on his Win-XP box. And that is at best a tiny install just enough
    >> to run it, because otherwise he would give away his being a wintroll even
    >> easier

    > What you believe is immaterial because you are a fool.

    Good. That already makes two of us, then

    --
    Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
    And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

  14. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Hadron wrote:
    > Peter Khlmann writes:

    >> It was no "hacked linux".
    >> When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or
    >> whatever is used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with
    >> the underlying
    >> OS

    > Oh. SO its not Windows fault then when Windows web serves get hacked?
    > OK ....

    In the minds of cola's children it's never Linux's fault. It's always the
    user or the hardware or Microsoft.

  15. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    Peter Khlmann wrote:

    >Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Oh. SO its not Windows fault then when Windows web serves get hacked? OK

    >You might try to find a post where I actually claim that.
    >It is the same as with your often repeated lie of "linux is perfect". I have
    >never said that, and so has nobody else, except the idiotic wintrolls

    Once again, the dishonest asshole "Hadron" Quack implies hypocrisy
    where none exists.

    --
    "It strikes me that he built the company on building an OS that people
    quite clearly wanted and needed. Thankfully he did: or Linux wouldnt

  16. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:54:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > You are telling lies. You do that a lot. Why? My issues were documented
    > and some fixed. I had bought a new SATA based machine where the HW was
    > not properly supported at the time.

    Kohlmann has *issues*.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  17. Re: Roy Schestowitz Serenades Usenet!

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:48:15 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Peter Khlmann writes:

    >>> It was no "hacked linux".
    >>> When you hack a website, you hack an account on apache or IIS or
    >>> whatever is used as a webserver. That has nothing at all to do with
    >>> the underlying
    >>> OS

    >> Oh. SO its not Windows fault then when Windows web serves get hacked?
    >> OK ....

    > In the minds of cola's children it's never Linux's fault. It's always the
    > user or the hardware or Microsoft.

    Linux advocacy consists of blaming everyone and everything BUT Linux for
    Linux's shortcomings.