Linux: the system of last resort - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: the system of last resort - Linux ; When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to Linux....

  1. Linux: the system of last resort

    When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to
    Linux.

  2. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    DFS wrote:

    > When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to
    > Linux.

    Well, this seems to be one of the "facts DFS trounces us with every day",
    according to Hadron Quark
    --
    Windows is just the instable version of Linux for users who are too
    dumb to handle the real thing

  3. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:50:16 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to
    >> Linux.

    > Well, this seems to be one of the "facts DFS trounces us with every day",
    > according to Hadron Quark

    The wintrolls must be getting really desperate to utter this rubbish.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  4. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:50:16 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to
    >>> Linux.

    >> Well, this seems to be one of the "facts DFS trounces us with every day",
    >> according to Hadron Quark

    > The wintrolls must be getting really desperate to utter this rubbish.

    They must have known something was up years ago, since that's how long
    this spewage has been going on.

    --
    Windoze CEMeNT: Now with CrackGuard(TM)! Never worry about
    unsightly cracks in Windoze CEMeNT again! CrackGuard(TM) is

  5. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> When you're down and out, and haven't got a pot to piss in, you turn to
    >> Linux.

    > Well, this seems to be one of the "facts DFS trounces us with every day",
    > according to Hadron Quark

    I forgive you for not being able to read between the lines. It's a trait
    of Germans I find - everything must be black and white. Why is that?

    --
    "I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is

  6. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    On 2008-09-27, Chris Ahlstrom claimed:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Well, this seems to be one of the "facts DFS trounces us with every day",
    >>> according to Hadron Quark

    >> The wintrolls must be getting really desperate to utter this rubbish.

    > They must have known something was up years ago, since that's how long
    > this spewage has been going on.

    Often by the likes of the highly-paid, highly-in-demand DuFus, who has
    so much high value work to do for important clients that he spends 24/7
    in COLA, ragging on something that isn't going anywhere, something he
    loathes, something that nobody but broke teenagers and unemployed
    hippies want.

    --
    They say if you play the Windows Vista DVD backward you'll hear satanic
    messages. But even scarier, if you play it forward it installs Windows

  7. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Often by the likes of the highly-paid,

    Still seething 'cause you're broke, Gidget? Learn how to use MS Office and
    Visual Basic. A little Oracle and SQL Server knowledge won't hurt. Figure
    out how to write DML and DDL and aggregate queries and you'll be on your way
    to a rewarding career in information technology.

    Oh, you'll have to drop that Linux **** - nobody in the offices of corporate
    America uses it.

  8. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    DFS wrote:
    > Oh, you'll have to drop that Linux **** - nobody in the offices of corporate
    > America uses it.

    Classic.

  9. Re: Linux: the system of last resort

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:40:51 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Oh, you'll have to drop that Linux **** - nobody in the offices of
    >> corporate America uses it.

    > Classic.

    Good goat - he's not actually stupid enough to think that statement is
    valid, is he?

+ Reply to Thread