From: Hadron
Newsgroups: gnu.misc.discuss,misc.int-property,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: GPL propaganda
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:34:03 +0200
## quote ##
David Kastrup writes:

> RonB writes:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:38:23 -0500, Rjack wrote:
>>
>>> 2) Do care about GPL advocates stealing other people's exclusive
>>> rights with an illegal copyright license.

>> GPL advocates copyright their own code, which is their right under the
>> GPL -- or don't you agree with that?

> Actually, I don't agree. GPL advocates _have_ copyright to their own
> code, which is their right as a citizen of one of the Berne convention
> undersigning countries. Nothing to do with the GPL up to here. They
> may choose to _license_ their work to others under the GPL (or any other
> license they choose). The GPL does not give them any right, using it
> exercises it. When licensing their copyrighted works to others, they
> grant those others certain rights. Those others may avail themselves of
> those rights or refrain from it, at their choice.
>
>> If someone steals someone else's rights, than it's not an issue of the
>> GPL, but an issue of standard copyright law. The benefits of using the
>> GPL license is that you get to use a lot of code, for free. To do so,
>> you have to share your code. Is that too complicated for you? Is it
>> somehow unfair in your estimation?

> It is a highly inaccurate description of the situation.

Uh oh.

Prepare to be "COLA"d. In COLA you are either 100% with them or 100%
against them. Prepare to be bored to death by Mark Kent and the gang who
will now label you a "Wintroll" and harass you for years.

RonB is, by the way, one of many "nyms" owned by a certain COLA leading
light.

Enjoy!

## end quote ##

The illiteracy is pathetic.