Gnu is 25 years old. - Linux

This is a discussion on Gnu is 25 years old. - Linux ; Sit back and listen to the mad who made it possible: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html Frankly I think he's nuts. Fine, you want to give your code away? Great! But dont try and brow beat others. Because YOU are happy to live hand ...

  1. Gnu is 25 years old.

    Sit back and listen to the mad who made it possible:

    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html

    Frankly I think he's nuts.

    Fine, you want to give your code away? Great! But dont try and brow beat
    others. Because YOU are happy to live hand to mouth doesn't mean others
    are.

    To make very clear : I think "freedom" is wonderful. I use and
    contribute to OSS. However to point the finger of accusation at non
    believers is simply not on. Writing SW is a business same as any other.

    --
    "Well stop covering your monitor in spunk over it then and piss off to
    a pro windows group. The more you tantrum here, the more obvious it is

  2. Re: Gnu is 25 years old.

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:44:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Sit back and listen to the mad who made it possible:
    >
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html
    >
    > Frankly I think he's nuts.
    >
    > Fine, you want to give your code away? Great! But dont try and brow beat
    > others. Because YOU are happy to live hand to mouth doesn't mean others
    > are.
    >
    > To make very clear : I think "freedom" is wonderful. I use and
    > contribute to OSS. However to point the finger of accusation at non
    > believers is simply not on. Writing SW is a business same as any other.

    How does that saying go?
    Something about a thin line between genius and insanity.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Gnu is 25 years old.

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:44:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Sit back and listen to the mad who made it possible:
    >>
    >> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html
    >>
    >> Frankly I think he's nuts.
    >>
    >> Fine, you want to give your code away? Great! But dont try and brow beat
    >> others. Because YOU are happy to live hand to mouth doesn't mean others
    >> are.
    >>
    >> To make very clear : I think "freedom" is wonderful. I use and
    >> contribute to OSS. However to point the finger of accusation at non
    >> believers is simply not on. Writing SW is a business same as any other.

    > How does that saying go?
    > Something about a thin line between genius and insanity.

    So you do believe there's genius in him.

  4. Re: Gnu is 25 years old.

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:04:05 +0100, Firey Bird wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:44:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sit back and listen to the mad who made it possible:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html
    >>>
    >>> Frankly I think he's nuts.
    >>>
    >>> Fine, you want to give your code away? Great! But dont try and brow beat
    >>> others. Because YOU are happy to live hand to mouth doesn't mean others
    >>> are.
    >>>
    >>> To make very clear : I think "freedom" is wonderful. I use and
    >>> contribute to OSS. However to point the finger of accusation at non
    >>> believers is simply not on. Writing SW is a business same as any other.

    >> How does that saying go?
    >> Something about a thin line between genius and insanity.
    >>

    > So you do believe there's genius in him.

    Yes I do, however I think in recent years his cogs are slipping.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/