Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words - Linux ; On 2008-09-25, William Poaster wrote: > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:33:02 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: > >> After takin' a swig o' grog, RonB belched out >> this bit o' wisdom: >> >>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:57:20 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

  1. Re: DFS, just too ridiculous for words

    On 2008-09-25, William Poaster wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:33:02 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, RonB belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:57:20 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> blah, blah, blah
    >>>
    >>> For something "too ridiculous for words" you certainly never run out of
    >>> them. Just more of the WinTroll crank's 24/7 obsession with something that
    >>> is "no threat to Windows" anyhow.
    >>>
    >>> Pretty damned ridiculous.

    >> What's ridiculous is DFS is referring to a post from some user who is
    >> upset that Linux is using most of his RAM (almost the whole 2 Gb).
    >>
    >> Uhhh, DFS, and user, that's kind of the whole point of how Linux works.
    >>
    >> Keep everything recently used in RAM as long as possible. Don't flush
    >> it periodically. Avoid disk usage as much as possible.

    > Linux uses as much RAM as it can get. Windows XP *appears* to use memory
    > more efficiently, because more is reported to be free, but this is false.
    >
    > The truth is that by using all of your memory right from the start and
    > shuffling this around as needed, Linux is much more efficient while
    > Windows does not make use of all the free ram.

    Vista takes a similar strategy. That's why people are suddenly shocked about
    how much memory they think Vista is using.

    --
    Tom Shelton

  2. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    While giving DFS a reacharound, Hadron wrote with his free hand:

    > He burns you bozos with facts each every time you start your COLA dance.
    >
    > The gang up is truly pathetic. But of course you will not discuss the
    > points. Oh no.

    It's cute when you guys get all cuddly in defense of one another.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Sushi: known to the rest of the world as 'Bait'

    Good to the last supper

  3. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:56:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Sinister Midget writes:

    >>> DFS Sex Life = ZERO.

    >> DFS Brain = ZERO

    > Sweet.
    >
    > He burns you bozos with facts each every time you start your COLA dance.
    >
    > The gang up is truly pathetic. But of course you will not discuss the
    > points. Oh no.

    Of course he does and that's why the Linux COLA Mafia is attacking him.
    Facts have no place in COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:46:20 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > While giving DFS a reacharound, Hadron wrote with his free hand:
    >
    >> He burns you bozos with facts each every time you start your COLA dance.
    >>
    >> The gang up is truly pathetic. But of course you will not discuss the
    >> points. Oh no.

    > It's cute when you guys get all cuddly in defense of one another.

    And trying to discuss points with trolls like Quack, Michael Snit Glasser,
    DFS, & Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb is pointless because of teh very fact
    that they *are* trolls. Glasser & Quack even change what the OP posted, to
    what *they* think he posted & to suit their agenda.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  5. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Of course he does and that's why the Linux COLA Mafia is attacking him.
    > Facts have no place in COLA.

    Neither do those who troll on behalf of Windows.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Sushi: known to the rest of the world as 'Bait'

    Good to the last supper

  6. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >While giving DFS a reacharound, Hadron wrote with his free hand:
    >
    >> He burns you bozos with facts each every time you start your COLA dance.
    >>
    >> The gang up is truly pathetic. But of course you will not discuss the
    >> points. Oh no.

    >It's cute when you guys get all cuddly in defense of one another.

    It must be very comforting to them, to find each other and know that
    they are not the only cretinous, immoral, attention-starved losers in
    the world.

  7. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Of course he does and that's why the Linux COLA Mafia is attacking him.
    >> Facts have no place in COLA.

    > Neither do those who troll on behalf of Windows.

    Yeah, we're a mafia because we attack (i.e. respond with disdain to)
    blatant asshole trolls .

    These guys (DFS, Headron, Moshe, Ray Lopez) are loony tunes.

    --
    An Italian is COMBING his hair in suburban DES MOINES!

  8. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    chrisv writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >>While giving DFS a reacharound, Hadron wrote with his free hand:
    >>
    >>> He burns you bozos with facts each every time you start your COLA dance.
    >>>
    >>> The gang up is truly pathetic. But of course you will not discuss the
    >>> points. Oh no.

    >>It's cute when you guys get all cuddly in defense of one another.

    > It must be very comforting to them, to find each other and know that
    > they are not the only cretinous, immoral, attention-starved losers in
    > the world.

    My irony meter just exploded.

  9. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire belched:
    >>
    >> mentally-ill troll wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Facts have no place in COLA.

    This explains why the troll lies constantly.

    >> Neither do those who troll on behalf of Windows.

    >Yeah, we're a mafia because we attack (i.e. respond with disdain to)
    >blatant asshole trolls .
    >
    >These guys (DFS, Headron, Moshe, Ray Lopez) are loony tunes.

    It's more than silly. They know that they are liars. They know that
    we know that they are liars. Nothing they say has ANY credibility,
    yet they continue to spew.

  10. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:58:24 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Of course he does and that's why the Linux COLA Mafia is attacking him.
    >>> Facts have no place in COLA.

    >> Neither do those who troll on behalf of Windows.

    > Yeah, we're a mafia because we attack (i.e. respond with disdain to)
    > blatant asshole trolls .
    >
    > These guys (DFS, Headron, Moshe, Ray Lopez) are loony tunes.

    No.
    You're the Linux Mafia because you twist what really happened to fit your
    own version of the story and then you all pile on with your "me too" posts
    hoping that people will just accept your new version of the story.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  11. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Hadron wrote:

    > My irony meter just exploded.

    Too bad it wasn't your fat head.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I got everything but the part after "Now listen closely."

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> My irony meter just exploded.

    > Too bad it wasn't your fat head.

    Well, I'd prefer it not explode in here.

    Luckily (for him, anyway), Headron's been diligent about relieving the
    pressure on his cranial bubble sac.

    --
    Fun Facts, #63:
    The name California was given to the state by Spanish conquistadores.

  13. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Luckily (for him, anyway), Headron's been diligent about relieving the
    > pressure on his cranial bubble sac.

    [butthead]You said "sack" uh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh[/butthead]
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....PMS - Periodic Monster Syndrome

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >Hadron qucked:
    >>
    >> My irony meter just exploded.

    Oh? How do you figure? Are you saying the advocates in an advocacy
    group are the attention-starved ones, not the anti-advocacy trolls?
    Are you saying the advocates of freedom and choice are the immoral
    ones, not the trolling supporters of the Micro$oft hegemony?

    You are simply lying again, Quack. What a "surprise".

    >Too bad it wasn't your fat head.

    Or the single brain-cell within. Quack and his buddies are trolling
    garbage, and they know it. Hell, I personally slap the **** out of
    Quack multiple times a day. Not that that's all that difficult - the
    snotty asshole routinely takes the immoral side of the issues, just so
    that he can sling snot at his superiors...

  15. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Of course he does and that's why the Linux COLA Mafia is attacking him.
    >>> Facts have no place in COLA.

    >> Neither do those who troll on behalf of Windows.

    > Yeah, we're a mafia because we attack (i.e. respond with disdain to)
    > blatant asshole trolls .
    >
    > These guys (DFS, Headron, Moshe, Ray Lopez) are loony tunes.

    Cue Hardon Quick "Pants on fire!" proof.

  16. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:19:18 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:57:20 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    > blah, blah, blah
    >
    > For something "too ridiculous for words" you certainly never run out of
    > them. Just more of the WinTroll crank's 24/7 obsession with something
    > that is "no threat to Windows" anyhow.
    >
    > Pretty damned ridiculous.

    No, what's ridiculous is that out of the top 500 computers in the world,
    at least 453 - over 90% - run some flavour of Linux, while it appears 5,
    or 1%, run Windows... yet Linux is somehow "ridiculous".

    Frankly, the only reason Windows would even be on the list is that these
    operations are big enough to have the staff and resources to actually
    make Windows more or less work, something the average home and business
    simply doesn't have.

  17. Re: Linux: it's just too ridiculous for words

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:32:24 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:19:18 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:57:20 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> blah, blah, blah
    >>
    >> For something "too ridiculous for words" you certainly never run out of
    >> them. Just more of the WinTroll crank's 24/7 obsession with something
    >> that is "no threat to Windows" anyhow.
    >>
    >> Pretty damned ridiculous.

    > No, what's ridiculous is that out of the top 500 computers in the world,
    > at least 453 - over 90% - run some flavour of Linux, while it appears 5,
    > or 1%, run Windows... yet Linux is somehow "ridiculous".
    >
    > Frankly, the only reason Windows would even be on the list is that these
    > operations are big enough to have the staff and resources to actually
    > make Windows more or less work, something the average home and business
    > simply doesn't have.

    From Blammer:

    Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run Linux

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...to_google.html

    60%, eh... Not bad for a "ridiculous" OS is it. ;-)

    Seems to me that Doofy is getting hysterical about his winders world
    shrinking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3