[News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney - Linux

  1. [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    RIAA Decries Attorney-Blogger as 'Vexatious' Litigator

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The RIAA said Beckerman, one of the nation's few attorneys who defends
    | accused file sharers, "has maintained an anti-recording industry blog during
    | the course of this case and has consistently posted virtually every one of
    | his baseless motions on his blog seeking to bolster his public relations
    | campaign and embarrass plaintiffs," the RIAA wrote (.pdf) in court
    | briefs. "Such vexatious conduct demeans the integrity of these judicial
    | proceedings and warrants this imposition of sanctions."
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...ecries-at.html

    Obama backtracks on technology

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It now appears that the changes to the Science, Technology & Innovation
    | position now reflect the position of both the Senator and his running-mate
    | Joe Biden. Biden is a sock-puppet for the entertainment industry and has a
    | history of proposing laws that favour security forces' demands for snooping.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...cks-technology

    "I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
    public good."

    --Adam Smith

    Recent:

    ISPs Set To Wage Privacy War on their Own Customers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | And the impetus for this destruction of our democracy is ... paranoid and
    | greedy media companies, a.k.a. the MAFIAA ®, who "lobby" government to
    | pervert our society for their own selfish ends.
    `----

    http://slated.org/isps_wage_privacy_war

    Under Pressure, ISP Admits Secret Web Snooping in Kansas

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Internet service provider Embarq eavesdropped on the web surfing habits of
    | 26,000 customers in Kansas without notifying them personally, as part of its
    | test of new, controversial advertising technology that profiles users, the
    | company told federal lawmakers Wednesday.
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-pressure.html

    Controversial Ad Network Caught Editing Wikipedia

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Phorm has been beset by controversy for years over its business model and
    | quietly-run trials on British Telecom's (BT) broadband service.
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...ting-wikipedia

  2. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Obama backtracks on technology
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | It now appears that the changes to the Science, Technology & Innovation
    > | position now reflect the position of both the Senator and his running-mate
    > | Joe Biden. Biden is a sock-puppet for the entertainment industry and has a
    > | history of proposing laws that favour security forces' demands for snooping.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...cks-technology

    Biden bought and paid for on one side, McCain on the other. Man those
    tech lobbyists don't **** about these days do they? Land of the free indeed!

  3. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:46:30 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Obama backtracks on technology
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| It now appears that the changes to the Science, Technology & Innovation
    >>| position now reflect the position of both the Senator and his running-mate
    >>| Joe Biden. Biden is a sock-puppet for the entertainment industry and has a
    >>| history of proposing laws that favour security forces' demands for snooping.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...cks-technology

    > Biden bought and paid for on one side, McCain on the other. Man those
    > tech lobbyists don't **** about these days do they? Land of the free indeed!

    Biden also thought President Roosevelt went on TV and spoke to the people
    concerning the stock market crash of 29.

    "When the stock market crashed Franklin Roosevelt got on television and
    didnt just talk about the you know the pictures of greed hes look this is
    what happened.

    http://digitalartpress.wordpress.com...ng-depression/

    Politicians are crooks, 99 percent of them.
    If they aren't being bribed, oops, *lobbied* by one side, they are doing
    such for the other side.

    Big business runs the USA, and the world in fact.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > Politicians are crooks, 99 percent of them.

    100% mate. Those that aren't in the pocket of big business are "career
    politicians" who will say *anything* to get as high up the ministerial
    ladder as they can then go to a high paid job in the city when they get
    voted out. Here in the UK any MP that serves one 4 year term now gets a
    gold plated pension when they retire so these guys are literally
    laughing all the way to the bank.

    > If they aren't being bribed, oops, *lobbied* by one side, they are doing
    > such for the other side.
    >
    > Big business runs the USA, and the world in fact.

    Sadly true. One day there'll be a revolution...

  5. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:12:20 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> Politicians are crooks, 99 percent of them.

    > 100% mate. Those that aren't in the pocket of big business are "career
    > politicians" who will say *anything* to get as high up the ministerial
    > ladder as they can then go to a high paid job in the city when they get
    > voted out. Here in the UK any MP that serves one 4 year term now gets a
    > gold plated pension when they retire so these guys are literally
    > laughing all the way to the bank.
    >

    >> If they aren't being bribed, oops, *lobbied* by one side, they are doing
    >> such for the other side.
    >>
    >> Big business runs the USA, and the world in fact.

    > Sadly true. One day there'll be a revolution...

    I think it may be starting in the USA where people are really mad about the
    US Govt bailing out the fat cats on Wall street.
    They are actually taking time out of Oprah and Reality TV to get involved.
    The problem is both candidates are empty suits only in different ways.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > One thing I admire about EU is that the people take a lot less crap from
    > their govt and they do take to the streets, Italy, France and GB are places
    > where this regularly happens.

    Wrong. The UK population doesn't seem to care about their corrupt
    government. The last time they took to the streets was the poll tax
    fiasco almost 20 years ago. We could actually do with a bit more of it.

  7. Re: [News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:16:57 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> One thing I admire about EU is that the people take a lot less crap from
    >>> their govt and they do take to the streets, Italy, France and GB are places
    >>> where this regularly happens.

    >> Wrong. The UK population doesn't seem to care about their corrupt
    >> government. The last time they took to the streets was the poll tax
    >> fiasco almost 20 years ago. We could actually do with a bit more of it.

    > Maybe I am mistaken about GB then.
    > I could have sworn you guys were rioting in the streets last year?
    > Maybe it was the French?

    Yeah I think it was the french.

+ Reply to Thread