Mozilla CTO Sees an Upside to the Browser Wars

,----[ Quote ]
| "The future of the Web is bright," Eich told InternetNews.com. "We talk about
| things like Silverlight and Adobe AIR being a threat to the open Web but they
| won't succeed in displacing the reach of the Web. Competition is going strong
| in the Web browser market and I think that will bring them all up towards
| parity and keep them evolving in ways developers want."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...0792_3773506_1

Ogg audio/video for the Web is coming. That was among the few excuses to use
blobs, which SVG+JS/Ajax make obsolete.

Recent:

Firefox to Support Open Video Format in Next Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Blizzard reports from this week’s Mozilla Summit: Firefox will natively
| support the Ogg Theora video format!
`----

http://internet.boredblogs.net/?p=2363

two cool things: ogg support in mozilla and canvas for IE

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=492

Theora Video Backend for Firefox Landed

,----[ Quote ]